Biden administration launches student loan review, says 40,000 borrowers will see debt canceled

I didn't go either. I had to shoot my way out of high school. :(

If I had to do it over again I still wouldn't go to college.

"Working hands are a terrible thing to waste."

So, why would you want to pay even a dime of the tuition (and, as a taxpayer, that's what you'd be doing) for someone who willingly took that debt on?

So, why would you want to pay even a dime of the tuition (and, as a taxpayer, that's what you'd be doing) for someone who willingly took that debt on?
I guess I don't have much choice. I have no control over government spending. :(

Sure. We forgive the mortgage and take the house.

Oh, no, no, no. See, that's very different.

See, when you forgive student debt, the debtor keeps his degree. He keeps his degree, the job he got because he had that degree, the money he gets paid because he has that degree, and everything he's bought with the money he earned because he has that degree. So, since you appear to be quite accepting of that, surely the equitable approach to a mortgage would be to forgive the mortgage, but the debtor retains ownership.

How would that sit with you?

Oh, no, no, no. See, that's very different.

See, when you forgive student debt, the debtor keeps his degree. He keeps his degree, the job he got because he had that degree, the money he gets paid because he has that degree, and everything he's bought with the money he earned because he has that degree. So, since you appear to be quite accepting of that, surely the equitable approach to a mortgage would be to forgive the mortgage, but the debtor retains ownership.

How would that sit with you?
Like Johnny Cash said,

"I don't like it, but I guess things happen that way."

Last edited:
Someone's not thinkin' this shit through.

I was listening to Chad Benson last night, and he was talking about this.

Apparently, the average person with a college degree will earn in the neighborhood of $3.5 million during their lifetime. A person without a college degree will earn closer to $900K. Since this debt is going to be absorbed by the government, what this means is that the guy who's going to earn far less is going to end up paying for the education of the guy who earns over three times as much.

Where's the logic in that?
It Is Undeniable That Any Country That Rewards Talent Upfront Will Dominate This Century's World Economy

You're missing the point because the well-financed sons of the plutocracy are defining the debate. It shouldn't be about tuition. If it really was about that, I dare the 1% to just pay the tuition of their HeirHeads and give them no money to live on. The entitled Affluenzists would drop out, or refuse to go at all, at the same rate the unfinanced 99% do.

Free tuition will not motivate anybody who belongs in college to go there. So everybody pays by putting inferior people in superior positions. The non-college people have to work for no-talent brown-noses, Preppies, jocks, and Affirmative Action morons.

Preaching what those who define the issue practice, the present college "education" must be replaced by highly paid professional education. Just like 18-year-old talent in baseball, the corporations must sign up the most talented in school subjects and offer them this natural incentive. That should substitute for corporate taxes, although the return on that investment will in a few years vastly increase corporate earnings.

This will attract the best students and motivate them to study. Those who oppose it know perfectly well they wouldn't have been recruited and will quickly be passed over for promotions in the jobs they stole through brown-nose education.

If Biden wants to seal his re-election right now, he should forgive the medical debt incurred by cancer patients instead of student loans.

Education is a choice. Cancer isn't...

If Biden wants to seal his re-election right now, he should forgive the medical debt incurred by cancer patients instead of student loans.

Education is a choice. Cancer isn't...
Diploma Death

College students should be chosen, not attending by their own choice. They should be chosen just like college football players are. You don't believe in talent.

As for cancer, our lives are in jeopardy because oncologists are Mamas' Boys who don't earn a living until they are thirty years old. Those whose IQs merit an adult student income at age 16 would have cured cancer 50 years ago.

Someone's not thinkin' this shit through.

I was listening to Chad Benson last night, and he was talking about this.

Apparently, the average person with a college degree will earn in the neighborhood of $3.5 million during their lifetime. A person without a college degree will earn closer to $900K. Since this debt is going to be absorbed by the government, what this means is that the guy who's going to earn far less is going to end up paying for the education of the guy who earns over three times as much.

Where's the logic in that?

That's not lost on most Americans. Biden and the Dems are finished, these are simply death throes.

Forum List

Back