Biden claims inflation was at 9.1% when he took office.

DBA

Diamond Member
May 10, 2015
He said this last night in an interview with CNN. I guess they figure if they lie enough that people will believe them. The problem is, many get their news from these sources and they just assume he is telling the truth. Inflation was 1.4% when he took office. It hit 9.1% some 17 months later. Just a small miscalculation I guess.

MSN

He said this last night in an interview with CNN. I guess they figure if they lie enough that people will believe them. The problem is, many get their news from these sources and they just assume he is telling the truth. Inflation was 1.4% when he took office. It hit 9.1% some 17 months later. Just a small miscalculation I guess.

MSN
That's what Biden's handlers told him to say. I'm sure they also said that the msm would
take care of the rest for him.

MSN
Isn’t the first year of a presidents term under the previous administrations budget?

That's what Biden's handlers told him to say. I'm sure they also said that the msm would
take care of the rest for him.

I agree, but how many average Democrats believed it and why didn't the interviewer question him? I dare say far too many because they are too lazy to look into the matter on their own. It creates a false narrative. They are very good at this. They have used the same technique to create many false narratives about Trump that intellectually lazy people have bought into. This is why when you ask the average Trump hater why they hate him, they can only spout the false information they heard on CNN, MSNBC and directly from this administration. Why is Trump a racist? Duh, because I was told he was a racist. Pretty scary that our electorate can be so gullible.

I agree, but how many average Democrats believed it and why didn't the interviewer question him? I dare say far too many because they are too lazy to look into the matter on their own. It creates a false narrative. They are very good at this. They have used the same technique to create many false narratives about Trump that intellectually lazy people have bought into. This is why when you ask the average Trump hater why they hate him, they can only spout the false information they heard on CNN, MSNBC and directly from this administration. Why is Trump a racist? Duh, because I was told he was a racist. Pretty scary that our electorate can be so gullible.
Fact of the matter is that Trump did a damn good job as president, and the democrats have to lie
about it to try and get some traction.

Does this mean Obama gets credit for zeroing inflation during his administration? ...

The Consumer Price Index is an important consideration, but it ain't the whole story ... those policies put in place by George XLIII is what drove inflation down, I don't think Obama could have changed that if he wanted to ... "Too Big to Fail" ... have BEP keep "printing" money ... Bank America is still in business, that's always worth 9% inflation ... whose stock do you own? ...

Inflation is GREAT for mortgage holders ... monthly payment is locked in and your wages are going up ... isn't that worth $25 Big Mac Meal Deals? ...

Fact of the matter is that Trump did a damn good job as president, and the democrats have to lie
about it to try and get some traction.

Yes, but it would nice if the average Democrat would recognize this instead of just playing the hate Trump game and believing all the lies. I can understand the college kids buying it because they are immature and un-wise, but what is wrong with adults who can't see what is going on?

Biden claims inflation was 9% when he came into office

Is this the quote you’re talking about?

"Look, we have dramatically reduced inflation from 9% down to close to 3%. We’re in a situation where we’re better situated than we were when we took office where we — inflation was skyrocketing,"

“No president has had the run we’ve had in terms of creating jobs and bringing down inflation, It was 9% when I came to office — 9%,” Biden told CNN’s Erin Burnett in a rare interview.

From DBA's source
Yeah, it was not 9% when he came into office. That’s not accurate.

MSN
Biden claims a lot of things that flat out are not true. He is a politician....a job description synonymous with lawyers, liars, and other con artists.

So....let's not get confused here. Even Trump claims to be a politician these days. And he never before was known for having a great moral Fibre to begin with long before he began his life in the political arena.

One thing of note though....
The biggest oddity is that for whatever reason Trump seems to be a bit more honest and less corrupt than the other "more honest" politicians. He seems to actually keep campaign promises unlike most others who claim to promise whatever but promptly forget these promises once in office. Which has thoroughly angered his political opponents and a good number of his political allies at the same time. Now who would have thunk that? It is his oddest feature that I have never witnessed before in any politician.

Edited to add:
Presidents have so little to do with the economy directly its pathetic. They do have the power to destroy it...but little else other than help ease the people's suffering because of the government interference in the growth and stability of the economy.

The biggest oddity is that for whatever reason Trump seems to be a bit more honest and less corrupt than the other "more honest" politicians.
This statement just comes off as delusional. Just because Trump is ruthless and aggressive and says things other politicians would t say, doesn’t make him honest. Almost every time I hear him speak I hear lies distortions and manipulations. To a much greater magnitude than any other politician I’ve ever witnessesed

Biden claims a lot of things that flat out are not true. He is a politician....a job description synonymous with lawyers, liars, and other con artists.

So....let's not get confused here. Even Trump claims to be a politician these days. And he never before was known for having a great moral Fibre to begin with long before he began his life in the political arena.

One thing of note though....
The biggest oddity is that for whatever reason Trump seems to be a bit more honest and less corrupt than the other "more honest" politicians. He seems to actually keep campaign promises unlike most others who claim to promise whatever but promptly forget these promises once in office. Which has thoroughly angered his political opponents and a good number of his political allies at the same time. Now who would have thunk that? It is his oddest feature that I have never witnessed before in any politician.

Edited to add:
Presidents have so little to do with the economy directly its pathetic. They do have the power to destroy it...but little else other than help ease the people's suffering because of the government interference in the growth and stability of the economy.
I will agree and give him credit for his fortitude and commitment to get his initiatives done. I think that’s a big reason why his base is so committed to him. But he by no means goes about his business in a honest way.

I will agree and give him credit for his fortitude and commitment to get his initiatives done. I think that’s a big reason why his base is so committed to him. But he by no means goes about his business in a honest way.
For full context....I DID say that he is a politician and fully explained what I meant by that title.

MSN
You mean the SOB lied? One of his many. And let me guess. CNN never challenged him on the lie.

Forum List

Back