Biden: Food Shortages "gonna be real."

Do you actually listen to them?

They are the ones wanting to be able to plant on CRP land you dismiss that with the wave of your hand. They are the ones pushing the increased yield, and you think they should not be.

I couple years back I got to know the guy that was at the time the President of the Illinois Wheat Association. We were doing a tour of wheat fields trying to get an feel for the expected yield. He also grew corn and beans and his lifelong goal was to win the Top Corn Yield award for the state for a year. He had come close a few times. It is just judged not on their total crop but on on acre in one of their fields.

High yields are a huge point of pride for them.
You know, those pristine looking countryside views of corporate America's farm belt's, otherwise that everyone ride's by in awe over, well they don't realize that anywhere close to those poisonous fields lay water shed's that absorb all the poison's that are intended to stop the bug's from eating the huge crop's. And who ends up drinking that rural shallow well crop water ? But the left cries about oil burning tractor's and such, yet cancer has become the number one killer in America. Feeding the world has come at a high price.

Does anyone knows if we ever had food shortages in this country?

During WWII, some food items were rationed. I believe we had food shortages during our Civil War too, especially in the South.

I do not think at this point that people will be starving in this country, although I do think some things will be much more expensive and in short supply and sometimes unavailable. That may not be the case in other countries though, in recent decades poverty and starvation have been drastically reduced from what it once was. There may be an uptick in that, but one hopes it will be temporary and as short as possible timewise.

Does anyone knows if we ever had food shortages in this country?
During WWII, some food items were rationed. I believe we had food shortages during our Civil War too, especially in the South.

I do not think at this point that people will be starving in this country, although I do think some things will be much more expensive and in short supply and sometimes unavailable. That may not be the case in other countries though, in recent decades poverty and starvation have been drastically reduced from what it once was. There may be an uptick in that, but one hopes it will be temporary and as short as possible timewise.

Basically, depression, wars, famine, all cause food shortages. I got it.

However, reason I asked the question is... while left is claiming that our economy is doing great, that inflation is transitory, we are not in Iraq and Afghanistan, why there would be any reason to have food shortages?

Russia may have priced their fertilizer a bit lower than what our domestic ferts sell for

But we have all the fertilizer we need right here in America
I'll believe that shit when I see it.

Sorry, couldn't resist :laugh:

Basically, depression, wars, famine, all cause food shortages. I got it.

However, reason I asked the question is... while left is claiming that our economy is doing great, that inflation is transitory, we are not in Iraq and Afghanistan, why there would be any reason to have food shortages?
More experimental f***ing with us.

You can look it up on the 'net if you really need the info. And, interestingly enough, there are many other sources of potassium (the primary nutrient in potash) that you can use which are pretty inexpensive. Here's a link I checked out (just because I was interested in finding out about it).

Matter of fact, that is one of the things I find this board useful for, finding out stuff, because some posts make me wonder about the stuff they are saying, and because I've got an internet connection (which means access to the world's largest library), I can easily check out whatever strikes my interest.

Not doing anything other than saying your post made me curious, and here's some info I found that you might find useful.
Bananas? Plenty of bananas on THIS side of the Atlantic.

""With regard to food shortage, yes we did talk about food shortages, and it's gonna be real," Biden said during a press conference at a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium, following a meeting with other world leaders.

Let the mass panic begin!
Biden 2020: Build back better!
Biden 2022: Bare cupboards Biden!

I support trade

but its nothing but stupid to depend on our enemies for products we have to have
Jen Psucky is making a white house video that helps both global warming and a method of sustaining ourselves

Remember to lower expectation you pampered American

Jen Psucky is making a white house video that helps both global warming and a method of sustaining ourselves

Remember to lower expectation you pampered American

That could be a very useful PSA

They should run on every media outlet as long as Old Joe is president

I’ve heard that maggots have a lot of protein

"World grain prices will rise by another 20%"
And of course, russians will be made to blame for this, and not speculators, who are mad with greed

You know, he was not talking about shortages here, right?
Been to a Walmart grocery section lately? That's just one example. I don't imagine we'll be starving, yet, but your party has one more ROYALLY EFFED America, and looking the other way doesn't change that reality.

Been to a Walmart grocery section lately? That's just one example. I don't imagine we'll be starving, yet, but your party has one more ROYALLY EFFED America, and looking the other way doesn't change that reality.

not my party little buddy. Last time I voted for a Dem was 1992

That could be a very useful PSA

They should run on every media outlet as long as Old Joe is president

I’ve heard that maggots have a lot of protein
Maggot....MAGA....really no difference

""With regard to food shortage, yes we did talk about food shortages, and it's gonna be real," Biden said during a press conference at a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium, following a meeting with other world leaders.

Let the mass panic begin!
A food shortage only under biden and he is all ready blaming Putin. Drag that worthless SOB out of the White House why we have a country left. Just when you think these butt plugs can't elect anyone worse they do NEW VOTING LAWS If a democRat is within 200 yards of a voting booth first offence, death by bonga bonga. I heard Joe is now climbing trees and throwing his shit at innocent people below. If I voted for this fuck I would have done the honorable thing and let Joe throw his shit at me then swallowed a gun barrel and remember I heard a good face full gives democRat s a good buzz.

A food shortage only under biden and he is all ready blaming Putin. Drag that worthless SOB out of the White House why we have a country left. Just when you think these butt plugs can't elect anyone worse they do NEW VOTING LAWS If a democRat is within 200 yards of a voting booth first offence, death by bonga bonga. I heard Joe is now climbing trees and throwing his shit at innocent people below. If I voted for this fuck I would have done the honorable thing and let Joe throw his shit at me then swallowed a gun barrel and remember I heard a good face full gives democRat s a good buzz.
Let's see...I think you MAGA Trash tried that once, even before he was placed in office. How did that work our for you?

Well Joe has made it impossible to fertilize our crops in an affordable way...and the fuel to run crop machinery is through the roof...so I guess its good that the person responsible for food shortages can see it coming....
Lets Go Brandon....

Well Joe has made it impossible to fertilize our crops in an affordable way...and the fuel to run crop machinery is through the roof...so I guess its good that the person responsible for food shortages can see it coming....
Lets Go Brandon....
The price of crude oil is not something Joe Biden or Donald trump control. It is based on the world market. Grow a Brain.

Forum List

Back