Biden/Obama long lingering grudge.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I post this to note how I've said this for awhile. All of this falls into the lap of Obama. In 2008 he had the opportunity to be the transformative president he pretended to be while running for office.

He won with incredibly high popularity numbers. He had numbers in the House and Senate that we may never see again. Within two years it was gone. The right was turned off by "We need to pass it to know what is in it" (Yes, I know Obama didn't say that) and the left because he gave health care away to the Insurance and Pharmaceutical industries.

It was Obama that told Biden to step aside in 2016. Biden would have won. I'm not 100% sure who it was that decided that Biden should take Harris as his VP but likely Obama also.

Biden will take the blame for a loss this year but in reality, it was Obama.

It should have been Biden in 2016-2020. (I'm not arguing he would have won re-election in 2020 because of too many unknowns.).

I suppose it's a positive that Biden still recalls 2016.

President Biden's lingering regret and anger from when Democrats pushed him not to run in 2016 is fueling his determination to stay in the race in 2024, current and former Biden aides told Axios.

https://www.axios.com/2024/07/21/biden-obama-2024-president-drop-out

That was one or two times in eight years he was correct.
OIP.v0nXtRtI_frwfJ7S66Mk6QHaDh

LOL....I bet if I posted a second example you would say that was the other one where he was correct. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back