Biden Proposing 5% Cap on Housing Rents

You're bonkers.
Now you're reduced to throwing names around, because you have no sensible argument to make. I've shut you up.

You are an opponent of US businesses, and you didn't even know it.

Last edited:
You’re a conservative who wants the Government to violate the Constitution so ton can pay lower rent?
I see no violation of the Constitution. What section o th Constitution are you referring to ? (if any)

Last edited:
All rent control has done for places like NYC is that it has provided affordable rent to a lucky few people among the public but mostly people with connections to politicians. There are numerous cases where the relative of a city council member is able to get a coveted unit. It basically becomes a cronyist system of favors.
How would you know ? I was raised from birth in a rent controlled apartment in New York City, and my father had no connections to anybody, nor did thousands of people in rent controlled buildings in my neighborhood. All the buildings were fine for decades. See Post # 182.

How would you know ? I was raised from birth in a rent controlled apartment in New York City, and my father had no connections to anybody, nor did thousands of people in rent controlled buildings in my neighborhood. All the buildings were fine for decades. See Post # 182.
There is a wealth of evidence as to why rent control doesn't work.

Whatever short term gains a few people get from it are not worth the long term costs to the market and the economy.

There is a wealth of evidence as to why rent control doesn't work.

Whatever short term gains a few people get from it are not worth the long term costs to the market and the economy.
1. The wealth of evidence is thousands of apartment buldings in NYC under rent control for almost 100 years, and all perfectly fine & profitable, amd still that way right now.

2. It is not a "few people" It is the majority of Americans (112 Million renters + over 100 Million business owners/stockholders).
And it is not short term gains. Sam Ash Music got run out of business from sky-high housing rents, after being in business fo 100 years.

Rent control started in New York City in the 1920s, and continues partially today. For most of the last century, the entire city was rent controlled, and there were no "long term costs to the market and the economy."

In fact, it was just the opposite. Overall, the economy was good, and all the markets (of all commodities) were healthy, due to the large amount of disposable income that consumers had to spend.

Now, we have just the opposite of that. Without any rent caps, and rents running wild, consumers dont have money to spend, those sales are down all over, and businesses like Sam Ash are going out of business.
I used to sell 8 paintings a year. I havent sold a single one in 2022-2024.

www.artpal.com/cats2475

1. The wealth of evidence is thousands of apartment buldings in NYC under rent control for almost 100 years, and all perfectly fine & profitable, amd still that way right now.

2. It is not a "few people" It is the majority of Americans (112 Million renters + over 100 Million business owners/stockholders).
And it is not short term gains. Sam Ash Music got run out of business from sky-high housing rents, after being in business fo 100 years.

Rent control started in New York City in the 1920s, and continues partially today. For most of the last century, the entire city was rent controlled, and there were no "long term costs to the market and the economy."

In fact, it was just the opposite. Overall, the economy was good, and all the markets (of all commodities) were healthy, due to the large amount of disposable income that consumers had to spend.

Now, we have just the opposite of that. Without any rent caps, and rents running wild, consumers dont have money to spend, those sales are down all over, and businesses like Sam Ash are going out of business.

www.artpal.com/cats2475

How many new rent-controlled buildings were built since WWII?

Sam Ash didn't rent houses you stupid twat.

www.artpal.com/cats2475

Forum List

Back