Biden to boost food stamps

Yeah I dont know how a family is supposed to eat healthy when crappy food is more affordable by far than healthy food. Its a vicious cycle but this should at least help. I know when I was young I could easily eat $150 worth of food in a week.
I think it's a month. But if there's a work requirement, I'm fine with it.

Personally a three pack of romaine, three apples, oatmeal, some eggs and cheese, pasta, Ragu, tea and a package of ground turkey or beef, and I'm pretty well set. I don't see how $50 can't cover that. But absent Covid, I eat out either Sat or Sun. And I have no idea where these folks get personal care stuff or cleaning products.

Sell your food stamps. That happened all the time when I was a kid. I was surprised to learn they have debit cards for food stamps now. I wonder if someone found a way around it?
I see people using debt like cards at the grocery store now.

I used to get a box of surplus dairy stuff every 4 mos or so. The "velvetta stuff" made a good soup.

Personally a three pack of romaine, three apples, oatmeal, some eggs and cheese, pasta, Ragu, tea and a package of ground turkey or beef, and I'm pretty well set. I don't see how $50 can't cover that.
I would die of starvation if that's all I had to eat. I have a really high metabolism so I burn through food.

Yeah. I'm old. LOL. I'm fine with free kid lunches at school. I do think adults have to work, unless they're disabled though.
I always wondered about that myself. My oldest daughters mom stayed on welfare until I got her kicked off. It was crazy to me she would do that when she could make more working plus what I was giving her.

Yeah I dont know how a family is supposed to eat healthy when crappy food is more affordable by far than healthy food. Its a vicious cycle but this should at least help. I know when I was young I could easily eat $150 worth of food in a week.
That's total bullshit. Junk food is expensive.

Youre a fucking idiot so you would actually believe that.
Only imbeciles like you believe junk food is cheap.

large_d8ab36a0-95be-48c1-aa77-0391ef568544.png

Lay's Classic Potato Chips​

8 oz
$3.19 - $4.2926% off
$0.40 per oz

large_2ad1cb81-c1ed-42f0-b237-6c749d3695ff.png

White Potato Bag​

5 lb bag
$3.89

$0.08 / Oz

Last edited:
A taco at taco bell is $1.19. I just bought 1 fucking apple for $1.82
large_fcf5c2ea-a8d9-4a29-90ba-37cefbef79a0.png

Chelan Fresh Golden Delicious Apples​

48 oz
$6.49
$0.14 per oz

That's about $2.00/lb You can't tell me that one apple weighs a pound. It's more like 3 apples weigh a pound.

One regular taco is not a lot of food.

Last edited:
I thought you had tertiary level education? Anyone understanding the concept would know exactly what I mean. And, there is no appeal to ignorance of the laws.

Simple poverty is poverty that can be solved simply and merely by Capital under our form of Capitalism.

Complex poverty is not that simple and should require means testing to discover the cause(s) in order to concentrate wealth to solve or mitigate the causes.

Equal protection of at-will employment laws means a person should be able to obtain unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.
Simple poverty is poverty that can be solved simply? Come on, Daniel. You'd be laughed out of any college classroom in the world with that answer! So you basically think that throwing "Capital" at poverty will make it disappear? Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we thrown Trillions of dollars at poverty only to have it still exist? It would appear rather obvious that the government spending money on poverty doesn't work as you claim it should.

Complex poverty is not simple? LOL Really?

So a person should be able to obtain unemployment compensation on an "at-will" basis? You do realize that's a sure fire way to ensure that you HAVE more "simple poverty"? Your simplistic "remedies" fail to take into account human nature!

I thought you had tertiary level education? Anyone understanding the concept would know exactly what I mean. And, there is no appeal to ignorance of the laws.

Simple poverty is poverty that can be solved simply and merely by Capital under our form of Capitalism.

Complex poverty is not that simple and should require means testing to discover the cause(s) in order to concentrate wealth to solve or mitigate the causes.

Equal protection of at-will employment laws means a person should be able to obtain unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.
Let me guess, Daniel. You think if you sprinkle in some words like "tertiary" in your posts...people will think you're intelligent? I'd suggest you spend more time on your "ideas" and less on flowery vocabulary. Clear and concise is what a good writer strives for. Vague and confusing is what someone who's trying to bullshit their way through a debate will go for. You know...like pretending that you actually know something about economics?

Simple poverty is poverty that can be solved simply? Come on, Daniel. You'd be laughed out of any college classroom in the world with that answer! So you basically think that throwing "Capital" at poverty will make it disappear? Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we thrown Trillions of dollars at poverty only to have it still exist? It would appear rather obvious that the government spending money on poverty doesn't work as you claim it should.

Complex poverty is not simple? LOL Really?

So a person should be able to obtain unemployment compensation on an "at-will" basis? You do realize that's a sure fire way to ensure that you HAVE more "simple poverty"? Your simplistic "remedies" fail to take into account human nature!
lol. I thought you had a tertiary level education? Your limited vocabulary is simply insufficient for understanding anything remotely complicated and results in your straw man argument. You need to respond to my actual argument not make up your own and expect to be taken seriously.

Let me guess, Daniel. You think if you sprinkle in some words like "tertiary" in your posts...people will think you're intelligent? I'd suggest you spend more time on your "ideas" and less on flowery vocabulary. Clear and concise is what a good writer strives for. Vague and confusing is what someone who's trying to bullshit their way through a debate will go for. You know...like pretending that you actually know something about economics?
You are the one pretending. Right-wingers only know how to project not discuss the dilemmas of our republic.

Forum List

Back