Biden Wants to Gut the Army

in February 2016 that only three of the Army’s 58 brigade combat teams were fit to go to war.”
Why were Army BCTs unfit to go to war?
Because endless rotations to Iraq and Afghanistan depleted their readiness

Given that both Iraq and Afghanistan have wound down, why does the Army need to maintain the same funding levels as if they were still deploying?

China is deploying the largest military force in history in prep for taking Taiwan. Bet chicom Biden does nothing. China owns him. Through him, us.

And you think Brigade Combat Teams will stop China taking Taiwan? For every Brigade we can field they can put five on us.

Does your jaw hurt from loving Xi long time?

Ok. Help me out here. Explain what a Combat Brigade in say Alabama is going to do if China starts across the straight.

First they position forces. They call it a routine training exercise. Then suddenly they launch a few thousand missiles to destroy the air defenses. Then five hundred combat aircraft come swarming over the skies to smash the defenses of the Taiwanese military.

Any ships out Navy has in range will be able to fight. And if we have enough ships we can draw out the battle. Extend it while we move more forces in theater.

Now the Marines have troops in Okinawa and Guam. The nearest Army troops are in Korea. We can’t pull them out. If we do then Kim the nut job goes south quick.

The Air Force scrambles what aircraft they can from Guam, Okinawa and Japan. The Navy surges everything they have in the region into the area. That includes the naval vessels in Japan.

The Army is still sitting in Alabama. Waiting.

Once Chinese troops are ashore in Taiwan we have real problems. That is rugged terrain and few of our troops are ready for that. So the Marines we can get in country are busy setting up defensive lines to throw any landings back into the sea.

In the meantime the Navy and Air Force are battling the Peoples Liberation Army Air Force constantly. It is a war of attrition. They have shorter supply lines than us. We start running out of weapons on day five. All cargo planes are busy shuttling weapons to the region to keep the fighters and ships firing.

So where exactly does your Army Combat Brigade come into play?

in February 2016 that only three of the Army’s 58 brigade combat teams were fit to go to war.”

Given that both Iraq and Afghanistan have wound down, why does the Army need to maintain the same funding levels as if they were still deploying?
Obama was responsible for having only 3 of 58 combat teams ready. No one else.

Dang, I might have to vote for him next time if he actually follows through.
Not me, his spending in other areas more than offsets anything he'd cut in the military.

Spend it here and not on stupid wasteful wars would be a huge improvement.
I'd prefer to pay down debt than to spend. 25% cut across the board and a raising taxes on unearned income would help ease the debt woes that will oe day be paid for.

I'm good with that but it's not an option.

Not me, his spending in other areas more than offsets anything he'd cut in the military.

WTF?!?
How about we stop giving money to other countries hand over fist?
Many of them support terrorism.

What does "spending it here" have to do with giving other countries money?

WTF?!?

Are you truly this stupid?

WTF?!?

They are that stupid. And that evil.

WTF?!?

At least I can explain myself. You not so much.

WTF?!?

Did you read what you posted?

Obama was responsible for having only 3 of 58 combat teams ready. No one else.
Bush was responsible for getting us involved in two theaters of war and stretching our troops too thin

China is deploying the largest military force in history in prep for taking Taiwan. Bet chicom Biden does nothing. China owns him. Through him, us.

And you think Brigade Combat Teams will stop China taking Taiwan? For every Brigade we can field they can put five on us.

Does your jaw hurt from loving Xi long time?

Ok. Help me out here. Explain what a Combat Brigade in say Alabama is going to do if China starts across the straight.

First they position forces. They call it a routine training exercise. Then suddenly they launch a few thousand missiles to destroy the air defenses. Then five hundred combat aircraft come swarming over the skies to smash the defenses of the Taiwanese military.

Any ships out Navy has in range will be able to fight. And if we have enough ships we can draw out the battle. Extend it while we move more forces in theater.

Now the Marines have troops in Okinawa and Guam. The nearest Army troops are in Korea. We can’t pull them out. If we do then Kim the nut job goes south quick.

The Air Force scrambles what aircraft they can from Guam, Okinawa and Japan. The Navy surges everything they have in the region into the area. That includes the naval vessels in Japan.

The Army is still sitting in Alabama. Waiting.

Once Chinese troops are ashore in Taiwan we have real problems. That is rugged terrain and few of our troops are ready for that. So the Marines we can get in country are busy setting up defensive lines to throw any landings back into the sea.

In the meantime the Navy and Air Force are battling the Peoples Liberation Army Air Force constantly. It is a war of attrition. They have shorter supply lines than us. We start running out of weapons on day five. All cargo planes are busy shuttling weapons to the region to keep the fighters and ships firing.

So where exactly does your Army Combat Brigade come into play?

Yeah, you're right.

We're the new France and should pre-surrender. We can't help anyone, what's the use?

Obama’s third term. I know. You’re as shocked as I am.

“It’s a budget calculated to take the Army back to the final years of the Obama administration, when readiness was miserable. After years of overuse and inadequate defense funding, Vice Chief Gen. Dan Allyn informed Congress in February 2016 that only three of the Army’s 58 brigade combat teams were fit to go to war.”

That's an allocation problem. Even during the Obama years the military ate close to half our discretionary spending. With an enormous budget like that, if he can't get his combat units ready for war, it's an internal problem, not the amount of funds they're receiving.

Really like to see the world suffer don't you....a weak American military means more attacks on other countries. China is certainly going to use this terrorize others while the seize power as will Putin.

WTF?!?

And yet you are still unable to explain your position because you do not have one.

“It’s a budget calculated to take the Army back to the final years of the Obama administration, when readiness was miserable. After years of overuse and inadequate defense funding, Vice Chief Gen. Dan Allyn informed Congress in February 2016 that only three of the Army’s 58 brigade combat teams were fit to go to war.”

That's an allocation problem. Even during the Obama years the military ate close to half our discretionary spending. With an enormous budget like that, if he can't get his combat units ready for war, it's an internal problem, not the amount of funds they're receiving.
Make all the excuses you want. Commander in Chief was obviously incompetent.

Really like to see the world suffer don't you....a weak American military means more attacks on other countries. China is certainly going to use this terrorize others while the seize power as will Putin.

We are the ones always attacking.

Make all the excuses you want. Commander in Chief was obviously incompetent.
CiC doesn't decide where to spend funds on daily operations. They waste money on paying paper pushers to track miles of red tape instead of on combat ready equipment and personnel.

WTF?!?

And yet you are still unable to explain your position because you do not have one.

I was very clear.
You on the other hand are as clear ass mud.

Forum List

Back