Big Business backing in 2014: Anybody but Tea Party

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Anybody but the tea party and this is from CNBC, not exactly a bastion of Liberalism (Its one of the premier business channels)

Big business to Tea Party: *Get out of our way - NBC News.com
And there's more to come. Business interests appear to be rallying behind moderate Republicans Brian Ellis, David Trott and Mike Simpson against Tea Party-approved challengers Justin Amash, Kerry Bentivolio and Bryan Smith for House seats in 2014 (Ellis and Trott are running in Michigan and Simpson is in Idaho).

Don't blame me, I just saw the article

Anybody but the tea party and this is from CNBC, not exactly a bastion of Liberalism (Its one of the premier business channels)

Big business to Tea Party: *Get out of our way - NBC News.com
And there's more to come. Business interests appear to be rallying behind moderate Republicans Brian Ellis, David Trott and Mike Simpson against Tea Party-approved challengers Justin Amash, Kerry Bentivolio and Bryan Smith for House seats in 2014 (Ellis and Trott are running in Michigan and Simpson is in Idaho).

Don't blame me, I just saw the article

Of course they are. Corporatists gotta hang together. If the TP gets in there you may all hang separately.

Soooo, you're saying Big Biz would rather give their money to Dems/Reps over TP because.... Dems/Reps pay their donors back?

Didn't expect that5 from you dot.com. Says a lot about who is for sale in Washington, great point.

I'm saying government shutdowns don't suit their business plans.

Exactly. Damn, DC - you're turning into a regular libertarian. Time to put a stop to corporate collusion with government! We need to all get behind the Tea Party, eh?

Well, the GOP have alienated the working poor, the middle class, and Wall Street. Not bad. Not bad at all.

And Obama hasn't done nothing but show (the middle class who payed their own way) love by writing a law that cancels millions of people insurance policies, he promised they could keep if they like them..

man you people are something else...everything is tea party, republican, while your party is just saints

Last edited:
They blew huge piles of bucks, bought as many votes as they could, gerrymandered like crazy and tried their best to stop a lot people from voting -

- and still, they lost.

If they keep doing what they've been doing, they'll lose again and again.

And that's as it should be.

If they ever decide to actually work for the US citizens again, maybe that will change.

It's interesting. The businesses that are in bed with government are rightly suspicious of the libertarian leanings of the Tea Party. Those who aren't afraid of an actual free market (admittedly there are less and less of these) cheer them on. It's not surprising that "big business" favors the Democrats and old school Republicans who funnel them perks and pork.

who said ALL businesses are in bed w/ the government? YOU did. That makes you look pretty foolish. Tea Party shutdowns aren't good for ANY business' regardless of whether or not they have contacts in Washington. Carry on.

BTW- they are donors who had previously given to the tea party sooo..... that would make them :up: Republican donors anyway dblack :thup: :lol:

Last edited:
Big Business backing in 2014: Anybody but Tea Party

I am not neo-corporatist, but I will take that before any TeaP.

who said ALL businesses are in bed w/ the government? YOU did.
uhhh, nope. I didn't.

That makes you look pretty foolish. Tea Party shutdowns aren't good for ANY business' regardless of whether or not they have contacts in Washington. Carry on.

BTW- they are donors who had previously given to the tea party sooo..... that would make them :up: Republican donors anyway dblack :thup: :lol:

This is really a great thread. You're doing a masterful job, though I'm pretty sure it's not your intent, of dispelling the popular myth that libertarians and the Tea Party are dupes of wealthy business interests. Thanks!

Republicans are largely to blame for making elections about who has the most $$$ (See- their challenging of the BCRA & Citizens United [brought by a conservative operative :eusa_shhh: ])

So don't blame us Progressives for why the tea party is being ostracized by groups like Rove's superPAC.

Last edited:
The next Presidential election will be unprecedented in it's results. A strong conservative candidate would please business interests more than most think. To put much faith in what NBC or CNBC comes up with is pure idiocy!

The next Presidential election will be unprecedented in it's results. A strong conservative candidate would please business interests more than most think. To put much faith in what NBC or CNBC comes up with is pure idiocy!

During the shutdown, major conservative PACs (including a couple of the Koch's) announced they were stopping their financial support for the Tea Party. Shit, there were a couple threads about it. Hey, it's a happening thing.
Maybe, you should get take an occasional vacation from right wing only world and take a whiff of the real world.

GOP Group Money Down, Hints at Donor Uncertainty
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/GOP-Groups-Campaign-Money/2013/11/18/id/537128
Government shutdown: Wall Street angry at tea party it has no influence over
Read more: Government shutdown: Wall Street angry at tea party it has no influence over - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

During the shutdown, major conservative PACs (including a couple of the Koch's) announced they were stopping their financial support for the Tea Party. Shit, there were a couple threads about it. Hey, it's a happening thing.
Maybe, you should get take an occasional vacation from right wing only world and take a whiff of the real world.

Government shutdown: Wall Street angry at tea party it has no influence over
Read more: Government shutdown: Wall Street angry at tea party it has no influence over - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

Dumbasss, the "CYA" actions can change in a hurry.:cool:

Who the hell cares.........................

The Tea Party has been attacked from the political establishment by both parties............

Why..........Because they stand against the Status Quo..............

FO corps, the Tea Party doesn't need you................

Forum List

Back