Big Jake (1971)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The critics were sniffy about this but I quite enjoyed it. Its one of the better films he made in his later years and drags a bit only when his son and Robert \mitchums lad get involved. Having said that its a better film than Rio Lobo for example.

Richard Boone plays the baddy with some style and its generally good value.

The stand out scene is when Wayne confronts a lynching party to save a sheep herder. Classic.

no--not one of the better ones
..it's good
..so, at the end, there is a lot of killing, of course .....his Indian friend and dog get HACKED to death...yet his sons and he turn into the camera at the end --it goes to a still shot and they are all smiling and happy !
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

The critics were sniffy about this but I quite enjoyed it. Its one of the better films he made in his later years and drags a bit only when his son and Robert \mitchums lad get involved. Having said that its a better film than Rio Lobo for example.

The stand out scene is when Wayne confronts a lynching party to save a sheep herder. Classic.
stand out scene? that is the initial scene
..you don't know anything about American westerns

"I thought you wuz dead" ...from Big Jake. Duke Wayne's last couple of movie roles were cartoon characters except for "The Shootist" in 1976. Richard Boone plays a bad guy in that one too.

I thought I had seen all Wayne's movies. i guess I missed this one. Is it available on YouTube?

Forum List

Back