BIG!!!! Latest Gruber video will finish off Obamacare

I have to spend over $37,000 per year in premiums, deductibles, and out-of-pockets before this fucking "affordable" care act pays for a single mother fucking band aid.

That doesn't sound credible.
Go to Get 2015 health coverage now. Health Insurance Marketplace HealthCare.gov

Click "See Plans and Prices"

Enter any Zip Code

Click "Continue"

For household income, enter 80,000

Enter three persons: two aged 59 (parents, non smokers, not pregnant) and one aged 19 (also not pregnant)

Click "Done With This Step"

Click "See Plans Now"

See cheapest policy:

$930/month premium
$12,700 deductible
$13,200 out of pocket

Add the numbers.

Eat shit. :slap:

I have two choices if I am to keep my home, my (paid for) vehicles and my IRA.

1) Keep my wife and daughter insured, and myself un-insured (while paying the much cheaper penalty).

2) Flat-out LYING on the application form.

I have no other outs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have to spend over $37,000 per year in premiums, deductibles, and out-of-pockets before this fucking "affordable" care act pays for a single mother fucking band aid.

Very few people like obamacare. White middle-class liberals are being screwed by it too. Maybe they will realize obama only cares about non-whites.

Have you actually talked to a white middle class liberal, or do you just take rushes word for what they think?

Sure it does. I recently went on the Obama cere website to see what it would cost. One plan I looked at for my wife and I was $1200/month and the deductible was $12000. That's $27000 Before the insurance pays a single dime.

You aren't required to take the most expensive plan.

Sure it does. I recently went on the Obama cere website to see what it would cost. One plan I looked at for my wife and I was $1200/month and the deductible was $12000. That's $27000 Before the insurance pays a single dime.

The most expensive plan IS the cheapest plan.

Fuckin' bitch.

Here- get some slap on... :slap:

1) Keep my wife and daughter insured, and myself un-insured (while paying the much cheaper penalty).

I have no other outs.

I have mildly good news. It's not $37,000, it's $23,860. The $13,200 out of pocket is the
ESTIMATED OUT-OF-POCKET MAXIMUM which means that after premiums that is the most you'll have to pay before the insurance pays 100% of your expenses. So yes, you'll have to pay $930 a month in premiums and yes you'll have to pay $12,700 in co-pays (non-preventive) before the insurance picks up any costs. But the most you'll pay in co-pays for anything is $13,200 in the calendar year.

It still sucks, but it's not as bad as you thought.

I have no other outs.

Sign up the entire family at the last possible minute, but never make any payments. It takes 5 months before the policy can lapse. Then do it again next year. You'll also get a letter from the insurance company proving that you were "covered" for 5 months reducing your "penalty".

If you're uncomfortable with that......
Unless you (or your wife or daughter is sick), blow off the health insurance completely. In 6 years you and the wife can get medicare and your daughter probably doesn't need health insurance anyway. Life is full of risks......

I have no other outs.

Sign up the entire family at the last possible minute, but never make any payments. It takes 5 months before the policy can lapse. Then do it again next year. You'll also get a letter from the insurance company proving that you were "covered" for 5 months reducing your "penalty".

Unless you (or your wife or daughter is sick), blow off the health insurance completely. In 6 years you and the wife can get medicare and your daughter probably doesn't need health insurance anyway. Life is full of risks......

Do NOT do that! Your penalty will not be reduced if you never paid a premium. I don't know where that rumor started but I've got dozens of former clients that are rushing to enroll now that they know they can't game the system like that. The evidence of coverage forms are invalidated if they're plans lapsed due to failure to pay without a low-income exemption.

I have no other outs.

Do NOT do that! Your penalty will not be reduced if you never paid a premium. I don't know where that rumor started but I've got dozens of former clients that are rushing to enroll now that they know they can't game the system like that. The evidence of coverage forms are invalidated if they're plans lapsed due to failure to pay without a low-income exemption.

? I have a form from Anthem Blue Cross for 2014 that states that I was covered for 5 months- I never made a payment. I didn't sign up using the exchange either......maybe that is the difference...?

At any rate, if you get a major illness you'll have free insurance for 4- 5 months....if you get sick, make a payment or two....

I have no other outs.

? I have a form from Anthem Blue Cross for 2014 that states that I was covered for 5 months- I never made a payment. I didn't sign up using the exchange either......maybe that is the difference...?

At any rate, if you get a major illness you'll have free insurance for 4- 5 months....if you get sick, make a payment or two....

Yes, and when the IRS reviews your return (different than a formal audit but it doesn't happen to everyone) that coverage will be invalidated if you didn't pay a premium for those 5 months. Also you can't "make a payment or two," you'll have to pay all overdue premiums to continue coverage.

I have no other outs.

That's fucking genius. :thup:

That isn't the most expensive plan. It's a bronze plan, which is supposed to be one of the cheapest. What's the point of health insurance that costs you $14,000 a year in premiums and has a $12,000 deductible? You'd be better off if you self insured.

Versus what? Taking another that is insurance in name only and covers essentially nothing?

Enter any Zip Code

Click "Continue"

Enter three persons: two aged 59 (parents, non smokers, not pregnant) and one aged 19 (also not pregnant)

Click "See Plans Now"

See cheapest policy:

$930/month premium
$12,700 deductible
$13,200 out of pocket

Add the numbers.

Jesus fucking Christ, man, you are making 80K a year and you are going with the cheapest plan and then complaining it doesn't cover much?

Enter any Zip Code

Click "Continue"

Click "See Plans Now"

See cheapest policy:

$930/month premium
$12,700 deductible
$13,200 out of pocket

Add the numbers.

Jesus fucking Christ, man, you are making 80K a year and you are going with the cheapest plan and then complaining it doesn't cover much?

So you think he should pay $2000/month?

Enter any Zip Code

Click "Continue"

Click "See Plans Now"

See cheapest policy:

$930/month premium
$12,700 deductible
$13,200 out of pocket

Add the numbers.

Do you live in a goddamn grass hut or something? :slap:

Forum List

Back