'Big nothing burger': Fani Willis hearing failed to turn up evidence of corruption

He tried to get out of testifying by invoking attorney client privilege. If he didn't know anything of relevance, then there was no need to claim attorney client privilege.
Wrong. There are legal reasons for doing so. Bradley was breaking the privilege Mr. Wade had by gossiping with Ms. Merchant and likely doesn't want to further risk his law license.
See how that damages his credibility?
He's the defenses witness. If his credibility is damaged it hurts Ms Merchant who was relying on his testimony.
Then Willis' old man's testimony is tainted because he broke the sequestration rule.
And during the hearing the judge ruled he'd take that into account when considering his testimony.
Only a moron would think this somehow look good for Willis.
Only a moron thinks anything of substance came out to help Ashleigh Merchant make her case. She failed pretty hard today.

It doesn't matter. Trump's fourth year was an unmitigated disaster.

It's like arguing the Titanic was making excellent time before it hit the iceberg.
So your "argument" that Trump was a bad President is that Covid shut down the economy in his fourth year? Need I remind you that Trump left shut downs to individual State Governors? Trump's job during that time was to fast track the "vaccines", produce ventilators and provide Federal assistance to various cities. So let's examine how he performed in that job!

The various "vaccines" were produced in record time. Check that box!

We produced so many ventilators that we were providing them to other countries. Check that box!

He sent a hospital ship to New York harbor and built the largest field hospital ever at the Javits Center in New York City. Check that box!

The truth of the matter is Donald Trump performed his job during Covid admirably. That's highlighted by the actions of OTHER government officials that DIDN'T! Take Cuomo in New York for example. He cried out that New York's hospitals needed help desperately and yet when Trump provided that hospital ship and the massive field hospital at the Javits Center, Cuomo didn't utilize either! Instead he put Covid infected patients back into Nursing Homes killing thousands of elderly New Yorkers!

Wrong. There are legal reasons for doing so. Bradley was breaking the privilege Mr. Wade had by gossiping with Ms. Merchant and likely doesn't want to further risk his law license.

He's the defenses witness. If his credibility is damaged it hurts Ms Merchant who was relying on his testimony.

And during the hearing the judge ruled he'd take that into account when considering his testimony.

Only a moron thinks anything of substance came out to help Ashleigh Merchant make her case. She failed pretty hard today.
Wow...it astounds me that ANYONE could have watched that testimony and not come away with two facts! The first is that Willis and Wade DID have a romantic relationship before he was hired for the prosecution team and second...Willis, Wade and Bradley are all liars and not particularly good ones!

Wow...it astounds me that ANYONE could have watched that testimony and not come away with two facts! The first is that Willis and Wade DID have a romantic relationship before he was hired for the prosecution team and second...Willis, Wade and Bradley are all liars and not particularly good ones!
And where were those facts proven? Through the testimony of an unreliable witness? :lmao: :itsok:

After reading through this thread I completely understand why you would desire to talk about inflation instead of the thread topic.

May I offer the advice of sticking to one deflection at a time?

Adding borders, Putin, middle east, crime waves, Ukraine, mullahs (whatever that is), fentanyl, illegals, open borders etc in one compact paragraph, while certainly impressive in its own right; it gives the appearance of frantic desperation on your part.

If frantic is the look you are going for then I humbly revoke my advice and wish the best of luck to you and your diversions.
You see that post as "frantic"? With all due respect, Cats...is there ANYTHING more "frantic" than these politically driven charges against Trump? The fact of the matter is that Biden is a terrible President who can't run on his record. So you on the left have decided that "lawfare" is the answer! THAT my friend is the very definition of "frantic"!

And where were those facts proven? Through the testimony of an unreliable witness? :lmao: :itsok:
The testimony of a witness lying badly trying to protect his friend? That was one of the worst performances on the stand of any witness I've ever seen. Nobody bought it. Nobody.

Let's see, sudden total memory loss, and all his previous statements are now just "speculation"...

Yeah, that's totally believable, lol.
Amazing how a supposedly intelligent lawyer suddenly can't remember something that literally JUST happened? That performance on the stand was painful to watch. Everyone in the courtroom knew that he was lying. He literally might just as well have taken a Sharpie and written "I HAVE NO ETHICS!" on his own forehead!

The testimony of a witness lying badly trying to protect his friend? That was one of the worst performances on the stand of any witness I've ever seen. Nobody bought it. Nobody.
Sorry, in court you have to make your case not just express incredulity. Let me tell you what the judge actually saw. He saw a witness that said one thing to one party, and testified differently on the stand. That makes his testimony unreliable to the judge all together. And since the defense was relying on his testimony their claims are shot to shit. They have to prove their case, not just introduce doubt. Furthermore they are former friends. Bradley might still consider him a friend but Mr. Wade testified they are former friends and it was discovered in the last hearing that reason they parted ways is because Bradley was accused of sexually assaulting an employee of theirs. They had a falling out. His testimony is meaningless and so the defense doesn't have any proof that Fani Willis or Nathan Wade lied.

You see that post as "frantic"? With all due respect, Cats...is there ANYTHING more "frantic" than these politically driven charges against Trump? The fact of the matter is that Biden is a terrible President who can't run on his record. So you on the left have decided that "lawfare" is the answer! THAT my friend is the very definition of "frantic"!
More frantic is supporting a banana republic by contending that people running for office are above the law. That is not a sustainable belief in a democratic society.

That said, you decided not to discuss that topic anymore when you deflected with a plethora of off topic points...and you are doing it again BTW.

Again, I don't blame you. It was hard to witness you wield speculation as proof of malfeasance and consistently getting exposed for it by other posters.

Sometimes when your are beaten it's better to simply not answer then it is to try to change the subject.

Regards.

More frantic is supporting a banana republic by contending that people running for office are above the law. That is not a sustainable belief in a democratic society.

That said, you decided not to discuss that topic anymore when you deflected with a plethora of off topic points...and you are doing it again BTW.

Again, I don't blame you. It was hard to witness you wield speculation as proof of malfeasance and consistently getting exposed for it by other posters.

Sometimes when your are beaten it's better to simply not answer then it is to try to change the subject.

Regards.
I don't think you understand what the term "banana republic" even means, Cats! In a banana republic people in power use their office to keep their political opponents from running for office. Attempting to jail your opposition on trumped up charges that nobody else has ever been charged with is the very anthesis of a "democratic society"!

You on the left continually accuse conservatives of trying to subvert democracy which is amusing since it's really YOU that are doing everything you can not to let the people's VOTES decide who should be our President!

I don't think you understand what the term "banana republic" even means, Cats! In a banana republic people in power use their office to keep their political opponents from running for office. Attempting to jail your opposition on trumped up charges that nobody else has ever been charged with is the very anthesis of a "democratic society"!

You on the left continually accuse conservatives of trying to subvert democracy which is amusing since it's really YOU that are doing everything you can not to let the people's VOTES decide who should be our President!
Funny, because you seem to be against those same people deciding to indict someone for breaking the law.

Sorry, in court you have to make your case not just express incredulity. Let me tell you what the judge actually saw. He saw a witness that said one thing to one party, and testified differently on the stand. That makes his testimony unreliable to the judge all together. And since the defense was relying on his testimony their claims are shot to shit. They have to prove their case, not just introduce doubt. Furthermore they are former friends. Bradley might still consider him a friend but Mr. Wade testified they are former friends and it was discovered in the last hearing that reason they parted ways is because Bradley was accused of sexually assaulting an employee of theirs. They had a falling out. His testimony is meaningless and so the defense doesn't have any proof that Fani Willis or Nathan Wade lied.
Now you know what the judge "saw"? I think the judge saw someone on the stand who refused to tell the truth. I think EVERYONE saw that! That failure to recall things that he obviously DOES recall simply points out how corrupt this District Attorney's office and everyone associated with it IS at this point! They are all willing to lie to keep themselves out of hot water.

That ball is now in this judge's court (pun intended). Everyone now knows that Wade and Willis lied to the court under oath. This judge now has to decide if he wants to flush HIS reputation down the toilet along with Willis, Wade and Bradley! My guess is he's not sleeping well these days! :)

Funny, because you seem to be against those same people deciding to indict someone for breaking the law.
When they waited years to bring those charges and then coordinated the various trials to hinder the opposition's leading candidate's campaign? Those "indictments" have always had a stench of political witch hunt to them. What's been going on is a travesty.

Now you know what the judge "saw"? I think the judge saw someone on the stand who refused to tell the truth. I think EVERYONE saw that! That failure to recall things that he obviously DOES recall simply points out how corrupt this District Attorney's office and everyone associated with it IS at this point! They are all willing to lie to keep themselves out of hot water.

That ball is now in this judge's court (pun intended). Everyone now knows that Wade and Willis lied to the court under oath. This judge now has to decide if he wants to flush HIS reputation down the toilet along with Willis, Wade and Bradley! My guess is he's not sleeping well these days! :)
You keep your hopes up. :lmao:
When they waited years to bring those charges and then coordinated the various trials to hinder the opposition's leading candidate's campaign? Those "indictments" have always had a stench of political witch hunt to them. What's been going on is a travesty.
Excuses excuses. You think it's easy to bring a rico case against a former President and 14 other co-defendants? It just happens just like that? Also in case you're ignorant the citizens of Fulton County decided to indict Trump. Democracy is important but so is justice and your right to vote isn't hindered by Trump facing criminal justice. You can still vote, even if Trump is convicted.

I, for one, am eager to get this Willis brouhaha over with and begin to see the actual trial begin where we can have Rudy on the stand, Mark Meadows, Krakenpot Powell, Cheseboro, and all those fraudulent 'electors'.

I think that will make for dynamic television.

Sure, some of them will plead the 5th; however, some of the big fish cannot. They already plead guilty and accepted the terms that the government required....meaning testifying against their fellow co-conspirators fulsomely and truthfully.

Should be gripping TV. So the sooner we get going on that the better.

Forum List

Back