Big Trouble in the air for the GOP and Tea Party

I predict the TP is now costing the GOP control of the Senate once again in 2016 and possibly the loss of the House....Dogma has no place in a Democracy...

The Tea Party has a couple of choices, if it can just get away from its current simplistic, binary, all-or-nothing mindset:

It can continue to do what it's doing, demanding purity at all times, and alienating a majority of voters nationwide. Their current approach is effective on a local level, where they can gain state and national seats in geographic areas in which they have electoral influence. If that's enough for them, fine. But nationally? No.

Or..

They can moderate somewhat, get elected, prove themselves, convince people that their way works, and then move more in their direction. The movement has somehow convinced itself (clearly egged on by talk radio), that they must accomplish their goals overnight or it's over. Well, they can't accomplish anything if they can't get elected nationally.

The Tea Party is an easy target, and they don't see it. If they're serious, if they really want to effect change, they need to change minds. Demanding purity won't do that.

Yeah, shift so far to the left they would be indistinguishable from the Communist Democrats. Nope. We need to oppose the enemy (Democrats) on all fronts.

There's quite a bit of open country between the Tea Party and the Democrats.
Ya know, I think they could shift a bit and still maintain their identity.

Yup.

The question is whether they're sophisticated enough to see this fact, and whether they're sophisticated enough to act on it.

No indication of that so far.

I guess for the Nyslimes everything is hunky dory for Democrats or they just worry over the Gop

how touching isn't it?

they have to keep the pot stirring, keeps the Democrat base riled up

I guess for the Nyslimes everything is hunky dory for Democrats or they just worry over the Gop

how touching isn't it?

Actually, contrary to many GOP statements...the entire countryis "riled up."

how touching isn't it?

really? funny I haven't seen one person in my state that is riled up

not even a liberal

this is your all's wet dreams I do believe

If they were wouldn't the Dear leaders approvals be climbing and NOT FALLING DAILY...?

TSK TSK

Moderation by the Tea party? I hope not. The Tea baggers are enemies of the USA. They must be soundly defeated and put in their place. People like Boris and I demand nothing less than ideological purity.

the only insanity I've been seeing has been from you hyperventilating people on the left

tea tards, tea baggers, and the childish ugly name calling goes on and on and on and on

but you consider yourselves the SANE one's

that's a real hoot

Stephanie, you are one of the biggest name callers on the board.

Go blow into a bag until you feel better.

how touching isn't it?

Oh, goodie! Another Fake Starkey type speaking on behalf of the entire country.

There is a good number of you here that needa mental exam. You're k00ks.

Forum List

Back