Biggest lie of the decade, and ...........

Black dog I thought they came from the pumkin patch and it also take a village to raise an idiot!!!

Because despite their claims to the contrary the advertising of tobacco is very effective at targeting young people. Almost all smokers begin before they are 18, and those few who begin later are clearly retarded.

There is a legal smoking age yes? What is that age? I think you have an enforcement issue here.
The issue is advertising creating demand.
Eliminate the demand and the underage smoking will decline. Then we might see an end to adult smoking.
But sure, make providing tobacco, alcohol, or illegal drugs to minors a capital offense, I'll support that.

Sure, we wouldn't want to make teenagers and parents responsible would we? Where is this advertising you speak of? On TV? Radio? Internet? Ipods? Cell phones? Wiis?

Maggie that's the problem your side of this - the Dems - are the people who have been growing government by hook and by crook (especially the Latter) since FDR. To be sure Bush didn't help but Obama wasn't on board with reducing the size of government from the git go and by the time we are through with crap and tax, and health care government will be significantly larger than it is now and we can't afford what we already have. Everyone in this country will at some point in there lives draw some sort of government check. By the time me and the rest of the boomers retire say by 2020, there will be significantly more people drawing a government check than there are paying into the government coffers. We don't have enough fat cats to fund this disaster. And China with the second biggest -in raw dollars - economy in the world can keep funding our stupidity indefinitely.

Sure, we wouldn't want to make teenagers and parents responsible would we? Where is this advertising you speak of? On TV? Radio? Internet? Ipods? Cell phones? Wiis?
It is in the "anti-smoking" ads which the tobacco companies produce. It is my understanding that they are in most comic books sold in the USA. I have seen a few of those ads, and can attest that the "anti-smoking" gives a definite impression that it is adults telling children "do as we say" in an obvious move to make smoking have an allure for gullible youths.

Couple that with moves by the tobacco industry to make cigarettes even more addictive than the tobacco they contain (chemicals in the paper) and the intent is clear.

It is in the "anti-smoking" ads which the tobacco companies produce. It is my understanding that they are in most comic books sold in the USA. I have seen a few of those ads, and can attest that the "anti-smoking" gives a definite impression that it is adults telling children "do as we say" in an obvious move to make smoking have an allure for gullible youths.

Couple that with moves by the tobacco industry to make cigarettes even more addictive than the tobacco they contain (chemicals in the paper) and the intent is clear.

Comic books and anti-smoking ads the best you got? Most states have made them illegal to those under 18. Can't smoke in many public places at any age. At some point you need to make the parents and teenager responsible. You seem to be avoiding that avenue.

Maggie that's the problem your side of this - the Dems - are the people who have been growing government by hook and by crook (especially the Latter) since FDR. To be sure Bush didn't help but Obama wasn't on board with reducing the size of government from the git go and by the time we are through with crap and tax, and health care government will be significantly larger than it is now and we can't afford what we already have. Everyone in this country will at some point in there lives draw some sort of government check. By the time me and the rest of the boomers retire say by 2020, there will be significantly more people drawing a government check than there are paying into the government coffers. We don't have enough fat cats to fund this disaster. And China with the second biggest -in raw dollars - economy in the world can keep funding our stupidity indefinitely.

I don't believe I have ever said that I LIKE the size the government has become, nor it's seemingly unlimited spending. But what I don't ascribe to is the fact that it's all the fault of Democrats. Simple. Since 1981 at least, the balance of power between the two parties has been just about equal, with 3 Republican presidents wielding the veto pen and 2 Democrats.

See how they fight science.

They have to fight against higher education and call it all biased to defend their failed ideas.

They have to deny science to defend their failed ideas.

They have to yell at anyone who recounts recent history to defend their failed ideas.

They have to smear the majority of news outlets to defend their failed ideas.

They have to lie about war hereos to defend their failed ideas.

Why a person would do all this to defend ideas that have failed now twice in modern history?

Why not just move on to better ideas?
Wow....An entire regiment of strawmen deployed all at once! :lol:

Forum List

Back