Bill Allowing Businesses to Refuse Gays Service

People can be stupid in public, but discrimination should not be sanctioned, codified or encourage by any written laws.

discrimination isn't being sanctioned. Choice is being allowed. There is a huge difference between allowing people to be free and endorsing every behavior they do.

Discrimination IS being sanctioned by this bill. Doing business with ANYONE does not equate to endorsing that persons behavior. This is a bill right out of Putin's Russia.

So allowing people to choose who they want to do business with is the equivalent of criminalizing sodomy....

Do you understand how stupid that sounds?

How does a business decide if someone is gay?

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Can you imagine if there was a bill that allowed people to refuse service to blacks? What's the difference?

Huge difference. But you already know that.

I don't. Explain it.

Slavery. Civil War. Granted, the principles are the same - and I'd agree that public accommodations laws were the wrong way to handle that situation as well. But, it is a huge difference. And, in many respects, water under the bridge.

WTF is wrong with you people? You are totally obsessed with other people's private lives. If gays are fornicating in PUBLIC, then you have a right to open your pie hole. Otherwise you need to take care of your own, and keep your nose out of other people's business.
WTF is wrong with you people? That's a dishonest mischaracterization. The issue isn't what people do in private but when they force it onto others. We've been discussing this for days so it's impossible for you to not know that.

Huge difference. But you already know that.

I don't. Explain it.

Slavery. Civil War. Granted, the principles are the same - and I'd agree that public accommodations laws were the wrong way to handle that situation as well. But, it is a huge difference. And, in many respects, water under the bridge.

Ah...so it's okay to refuse service to gay because they haven't suffered enough. Interesting.

I don't. Explain it.

Ah...so it's okay to refuse service to gay because they haven't suffered enough. Interesting.

Basically. I'm not necessarily saying they should be treated differently. Certainly the same principles are involved. But still, huge difference. In degree if nothing else.

I don't. Explain it.

No it is ok because their rights are just as important as yours.

It is just that simple.

WTF is wrong with you people? You are totally obsessed with other people's private lives. If gays are fornicating in PUBLIC, then you have a right to open your pie hole. Otherwise you need to take care of your own, and keep your nose out of other people's business.
WTF is wrong with you people? That's a dishonest mischaracterization. The issue isn't what people do in private but when they force it onto others. We've been discussing this for days so it's impossible for you to not know that.

Were black people forcing their race on people?
This bill will allow any business to discriminate, not just a florist during a wedding. Going to a diner well dressed isn't a gay man forcing his lifestyle on anyone.
If they are going to make this law I want to make a law where there can be no religious commercials and no religious hand outs. Seems fair.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Hello? Is there an adult in the room who can assist you? Polygamy was the original 'issue' in in Reynolds v. United States that led the Supreme Court to "interpret the extent of the Free Exercise Clause"

The Supreme Court upheld Reynolds' conviction for bigamy, deciding that to do otherwise would provide constitutional protection for a gamut of religious beliefs, including those as extreme as human sacrifice.

Of federal territorial laws, the Court said: "Laws are made for the government of actions, and while they cannot interfere with mere religious beliefs and opinions, they may with practices."

Dude do you have ANY idea how easy it is to yank your chain and make you dance?

But hey YOU have declared not selling a cake to someone is a "weapon".....

YOU have declared that you support ONLY enforcing the parts of the Bill of Rights and Constitution that YOU agree with.

YOU have declared that "freedom" is a zero sum game....and that the ONLY way to "increase" someone's "freedom" is to "restrict" someone else's....

YOU have asserted the same totalitarian approach to things that ALL Lefty's do.....silencing and shutting down all dissent.

Never mind that there is NO logic at all to any of your positions....you believe them therefore they are "right"

You know full well that they were "free" to choose another bakery but they wanted to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I completely understand your position now, thanks to Cecilie1200's honest and succinct statement:

Cecilie1200 said:
No, we're defending THE RIGHT to discriminate.

And take solace, America has seen your ilk before in our history.

And back then, your ilk said those '*******' are "free" to choose another bakery.

sign_whites_only1.jpg

whites-only.gif

WeWashForWhitePeople.jpg

images

Hey, I found a picture of Antares, Cecilie and OKTexas

What's delicious about these signs is that we have pretty much the same signs now. Does Black Faculty Lounge allow white teachers in? Does the Association of Black Accountants have white accountants as members? Did the Congressional Black Caucus deny a white congressman membership even though he represented a majority black district? How many white players does the Harlem Globetrotters have? Morehouse College doesn't allow any white students to attend. All blacks need to make segregation complete is to demand separate water fountains and restrooms.

You've been badly out debated here....so you resort to this ;) I understand.

Classic projection. You don't understand the Constitution or the amendments or the case law and decisions that have been derived from them.

Antares, tell me how your civil and religious liberties are in any way jeopardized by marriage equality.

Were black people forcing their race on people?
This bill will allow any business to discriminate, not just a florist during a wedding. Going to a diner well dressed isn't a gay man forcing his lifestyle on anyone.
If they are going to make this law I want to make a law where there can be no religious commercials and no religious hand outs. Seems fair.
Tyranny is the antithesis of fair. Blacks were being treated differently under the law, and women in many cases. I believe anyone should be allowed to discriminate against anything. Blacks, whites, men, women, midgets, gay midgets, whatever. It would be a dumb business move but I support the rights of people to live their lives as they see fit.

Homosexuals aren't a race and unless you make it an issue, it won't come up. It's the making it an issue that's the issue.

You've been badly out debated here....so you resort to this ;) I understand.

Classic projection. You don't understand the Constitution or the amendments or the case law and decisions that have been derived from them.

Antares, tell me how your civil and religious liberties are in any way jeopardized by marriage equality.

Why would you try and make this about me Jake?

It isn't about me....it is about people forcing other people to their will.

Poor Jake, I'd sell them the cake....but I support the right of the business to refuse service based upon their own Religious beliefs.

In other words, you got nuthin.

You condone your own bigotry in the name of "fairness" and "freedom"....and you refuse to see the Gospel in its entirety....you only like the bits and pieces that "fit" your very own "belief" system.

One wonders if it was his "theologian" grandmother who taught him to cherrypick Scripture that way, or if he learned that later.

Actually I think he is gay and ashamed of it.....I think his family probably rejected him for who and what he is and this is the only way he can deal with it.

I don't think he needed to have been gay for that to happen, though.

Please tell me what part of Cecilie1200's declaration you disagree with?

America was founded on the tenets of the Declaration of Independence. Now we have the Declaration of Discrimination.

What part SHOULD he disagree with? You keep repeating this like you think it's going to shame me. It's MY QUOTE, and unlike leftists, I don't run my gums without thinking about it and then have to walk it back. The more you say it, the more proud I am of defending the rights of freedom of thought, expression, and association for ALL people, not just the ones I like.

People used to know the quote, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Now the quote seems to be, "I may not agree with what you say, and if I don't, I'll see your ass in jail!"

If that's the position you want to take, go ahead (because I defend the rights of people to be stupid in public), but don't expect me to be ashamed of not sharing it.

People can be stupid in public, but discrimination should not be sanctioned, codified or encourage by any written laws.

Only a leftist would think allowing someone to do something amounts to "sanctioning" it. Goes hand-in-glove with the belief that they are needed to micromanage everything about other people's lives.

If the law passes how will companies know who is gay and who is not?

I suppose it'll be up to them to decide how they choose which business to accept and which to refuse, won't it? And that just goes against the grain for you, doesn't it, the whole idea of letting people decide something for themselves?

Forum List

Back