Bill Allowing Businesses to Refuse Gays Service

So after all of this here we are.....

The "Right" agrees that "freedom" is not always convenient.

The Left agrees that "true freedom" can only be achieved when EVERYONE is coerced into seeing "freedom" just as they do.

The status quo.

No I get that (I think OKTexas was pointing it out too), but my question was more around exploring the idea that Christians (in my view) tend to fixate on not wanting to participate in anything that has to do with gay marriage/gay lifestyle (and will go to the length to maybe turn down a wedding photography job, or cake job), but are fine allowing themselves to participate in a wedding where a man and woman are remarrying for the 2 and 3 times (respectively).

Maybe it does happen and people refuse to participate in remarriages under religious grounds and it simply doesn't get covered in the news. However, in my view, it seems the gay lifestyle (and all the sins that come with it) tends to get the most notice - why?

This is probably more of a religious question than anything; I'm fine with businesses refusing service - to be honest - from a legal standpoint.

I don’t think that second and third weddings are a sin tbh. OK pointed that out btw.

Can you think of another ‘sin’ that religious people are asked to directly participate in but have not fought against it?

The only other one that I can think of is abortion and they HAVE been railing against that as well.

But divorce - FA_Q2 - that is a sin. You can remarry if your significant other passes away, but if you divorce and do not annul I believe that to remarry is a major sin. Is that not right?

And I don't know, maybe Christians are refusing these types of people services and my assumptions are wrong - I don't know. Just sorta throwing some questions out there..

Actually if your spouse leaves you because of your faith and chooses to be with anothe, the bible says you are not in sin if you later happen to find yourself divorced and decide to move on with your life and marry another.

You need to prove that they were motivated by hate, you have made the charge.

A thing is not hate just because YOU don't like it.

You see the Left ALWAYS thinks that they can marginalize dissent by labeling it something....that only works on you low information voters.

How does one person's statement reflect what millions may think?
Hate, disassociation, repugnance, call it what you want. But if you don't like something then you hate it. Christians are taught to love the sinner but hate the sin.

And leftist twerps teach that if you don't applaud the sin, you obviously hate the sinner. Which may be why no one whatsoever is looking to you fools for religious wisdom.

Do you always squeeze your fav juice from rocks?

You can exercise your right to worship at any church of your choosing. It does NOT mean you can use it as a weapon against fellow citizens.

You people are truly sub human cretins.

If the Constitution is only defending "the right to worship in church", how comes it doesn't say that, and instead says, "free exercise" of religion? It's almost like the Founding Fathers thought there was more to exercising one's religion than just sitting in a pew, huh?

By the way, Mr. "Weapon against fellow citizens", please don't think I didn't notice how you utterly ran away from answering my question as to whether or not my revulsion toward you is somehow "harming" you. I can only assume it was because any attempt to answer that would have shown you for the ignorant butt-nugget you are, and would have prevented you from trotting out this exciting and amusing new trope.

So when I tell you that I'd rather die than spend ten minutes in the same room with you, you actually consider that the same thing as pointing a gun or brandishing a knife at you? Really? I'd say I'm flattered, except that would imply that you're not utterly insane.

You are as far from any Christian teaching I ever learned, and you are created in the very image of Satin.

This brings us back to the whole question of "Who asked you?" For a group of people who are utterly butt-chapped at the very IDEA that a Christian might impose their moral standards on you, you leftist retards sure are hotfooting it around, offering preachings about how to be a Christian right and left just like anyone gives a damn what you think. As much as you like to throw the word "hypocrite" around, you might try taking a look in the mirror.

Furthermore, I'm a bit confused that you think I'm created in the very image of a fabric woven of silk with a lustrous face. I mean, I guess I appreciate the implied compliment, but I'm not really seeing the relevance here.

You are mentally and emotionally devoid of what sets humans apart from animals. I would not wish to spend a second with dirt like you, so your insults actually warm my heart. You are repulsive, ignorant and an asshole to boot.

Blither, blither, blither, unsolicited opinions in a desperate hope to wound with the disapproval of pieces of shit . . . :yawn:

So what you're telling me, underneath all the lame attempts at disdain, is that my dislike and refusal to associate with you are NOT harmful to you, or a "weapon against a fellow citizen"? But then, how does that jibe with all your inflamed (and I DO mean that in the same sense as an infected boil, just so you know) rhetoric about gays and how the government HAS to force Christians to service gay weddings to protect them from harm? If YOU can withstand being told that you're hated and death would be preferable to being around you, how come the gays can't withstand being told, "I don't want to cater your wedding"? Are they somehow different from other people? But no, that can't be right, either, because you and your buddies keep telling us how they're JUST the same as everyone else.

Gosh, I'm confused now. It's like nothing you say has any consistency or sense to it. :eusa_angel:

moonglow, do you hate christians?

no. I was raised as one. I also know the bible like the back of me hand. Was in choir for many years as my grandmother was the music director for 55 years and a theologian.i was taught what true love of god was and how to be a nice person to all peoples on the earth.

if you think christianity is all about being nice and tolerating anything people choose to do so they won't feel offended, then you don't know anything about the bible, and someone ought to go back in time and slap the snot out of your grandmother.

gfy

Please tell me what part of Cecilie1200's declaration you disagree with?

America was founded on the tenets of the Declaration of Independence. Now we have the Declaration of Discrimination.

There has always been a declaration of discrimination against human BEHAVIORS. Race is a completely different issue than the cult of LGBT. Learn the difference. To allow a precedent for behaviors to enjoy special protection would upset all local penal and civil codes that are set by the People in discreet communities to regulate and govern themselves and what people are allowed to DO, as opposed to race.

What LGBTs are really asking for is official sanction on rainbow fascism.

Dude do you have ANY idea how easy it is to yank your chain and make you dance?

But hey YOU have declared not selling a cake to someone is a "weapon".....

YOU have declared that you support ONLY enforcing the parts of the Bill of Rights and Constitution that YOU agree with.

YOU have declared that "freedom" is a zero sum game....and that the ONLY way to "increase" someone's "freedom" is to "restrict" someone else's....

YOU have asserted the same totalitarian approach to things that ALL Lefty's do.....silencing and shutting down all dissent.

Never mind that there is NO logic at all to any of your positions....you believe them therefore they are "right"

You know full well that they were "free" to choose another bakery but they wanted to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I completely understand your position now, thanks to Cecilie1200's honest and succinct statement:

Cecilie1200 said:
No, we're defending THE RIGHT to discriminate.

And take solace, America has seen your ilk before in our history.

And back then, your ilk said those '*******' are "free" to choose another bakery.

sign_whites_only1.jpg

whites-only.gif

WeWashForWhitePeople.jpg

images

Hey, I found a picture of Antares, Cecilie and OKTexas

Still running like a little girl from my questions in post #135, you want to tell the class why?

I answered your question(s). It is the SAME as my reply to post 124.

People are basically able to discriminate, but it should not be sanctioned and codified by any law.

no. I was raised as one. I also know the bible like the back of me hand. Was in choir for many years as my grandmother was the music director for 55 years and a theologian.i was taught what true love of god was and how to be a nice person to all peoples on the earth.

if you think christianity is all about being nice and tolerating anything people choose to do so they won't feel offended, then you don't know anything about the bible, and someone ought to go back in time and slap the snot out of your grandmother.

gfy

"Go Fuck Yourself" spoken just like your jesus would say it.

Your daddy would be proud.

Please tell me what part of Cecilie1200's declaration you disagree with?

America was founded on the tenets of the Declaration of Independence. Now we have the Declaration of Discrimination.

There has always been a declaration of discrimination against human BEHAVIORS. Race is a completely different issue than the cult of LGBT. Learn the difference. To allow a precedent for behaviors to enjoy special protection would upset all local penal and civil codes that are set by the People in discreet communities to regulate and govern themselves and what people are allowed to DO, as opposed to race.

What LGBTs are really asking for is official sanction on rainbow fascism.

WTF is wrong with you people? You are totally obsessed with other people's private lives. If gays are fornicating in PUBLIC, then you have a right to open your pie hole. Otherwise you need to take care of your own, and keep your nose out of other people's business.

I completely understand your position now, thanks to Cecilie1200's honest and succinct statement:

And take solace, America has seen your ilk before in our history.

And back then, your ilk said those '*******' are "free" to choose another bakery.

sign_whites_only1.jpg

whites-only.gif

WeWashForWhitePeople.jpg

images

Hey, I found a picture of Antares, Cecilie and OKTexas

Still running like a little girl from my questions in post #135, you want to tell the class why?

People are basically able to discriminate, but it should not be sanctioned and codified by any law.

How about you address them one at a time like they were asked? Here they are again for your convenience.

What about the gay printer who is asked to print posters saying Gays are degenerates and unnatural pieces of shit. Should they be compelled to fill that order?

Or the black baker who is approached to bake a cake for the KKK with the confederate stars and bars and a burning cross. Can they legally discriminate?

Here's a good one, should a Jewish photographer be required to provide their service to a Nazi group wanting to reenact gassing people in Poland?

Tell me, where does the right of the public end when it comes to dictating if a business man has the freedom to pursue a living in a manner of his choice?

Once again it will be fun to see how you attempt to deflect and change the subject on this one.

gfy

"Go Fuck Yourself" spoken just like your jesus would say it.

Your daddy would be proud.

I was a hell of a lot nicer than what my Dad would say.

The Good Word commands us to love each other, why do you forget that and only try to twist the debate to your corner? Name me one group I hate, when I clearly stated that if I ran a business I would sell to anyone that wants to buy my products or services.

First, take a look at who I was addressing and why.

Second I am not twisting anything....I am merely stating that because YOU do or do not do a thing in no way proves or disproves anything.

It is simply the way YOU do it, it in no way means that BECAUSE you do it it is the way a thing should be.

How many times did Christ deny his services because they were gay?

Anyone whose religious granny knew her Bible from her left asscheek would know what a ridiculous question this was, since homosexuals were routinely killed in Christ's day.

Also, I doubt He was asked to cater a lot of weddings, since He was a carpenter.

@ Moonglow

You worship a false jesus.

I don't worship any deities.

Not true, you have decided that man is god, that YOU are god....and you have decided that you and only you have the truth market cornered.

You are the worst kind of hypocrite...the hypocrite who hasn't even the courage to acknowledge that there is ANY truth but that truth he wishes to foist upon everyone else.

....and when that truth is challenged you and people like you e.g. Bgfrn resort to name calling and character denigration.

You are weak and useless kid....and that impotence grates on you so you lash out in hatred ......you were raised very badly.

First, take a look at who I was addressing and why.

Second I am not twisting anything....I am merely stating that because YOU do or do not do a thing in no way proves or disproves anything.

It is simply the way YOU do it, it in no way means that BECAUSE you do it it is the way a thing should be.

How many times did Christ deny his services because they were gay?

Anyone whose religious granny knew her Bible from her left asscheek would know what a ridiculous question this was, since homosexuals were routinely killed in Christ's day.

Also, I doubt He was asked to cater a lot of weddings, since He was a carpenter.

Yuk-Yuk. I now know that God has a sense of humor, he created you....

How about you address them one at a time like they were asked? Here they are again for your convenience.

What about the gay printer who is asked to print posters saying Gays are degenerates and unnatural pieces of shit. Should they be compelled to fill that order?

Or the black baker who is approached to bake a cake for the KKK with the confederate stars and bars and a burning cross. Can they legally discriminate?

Here's a good one, should a Jewish photographer be required to provide their service to a Nazi group wanting to reenact gassing people in Poland?

Tell me, where does the right of the public end when it comes to dictating if a business man has the freedom to pursue a living in a manner of his choice?

Once again it will be fun to see how you attempt to deflect and change the subject on this one.

I saw them, I read them, I gave you my answer to all of them. If you want to copy and paste them after each one, go for it. Or maybe you can come up with some more absurd examples?

Forum List

Back