Bill Allowing Businesses to Refuse Gays Service

Moonglow, do YOU hate Christians?

No. I was raised as one. I also know the Bible like the back of me hand. Was in choir for many years as my grandmother was the music director for 55 years and a theologian.

Then you know that real Christianity does not teach hatred of the sinner as they see them.

And you should also know that just because some "Christian" wronged you in no way makes them all "bad".

I never stated any such thing..I stated that christians are taught to hate the sin and love the sinner. Exclusion from patronage is one form of discrimination based upon ones lifestyle or belief.Which is against what Jesus preached.

You can exercise your right to worship at any church of your choosing. It does NOT mean you can use it as a weapon against fellow citizens.

You people are truly sub human cretins.

If the Constitution is only defending "the right to worship in church", how comes it doesn't say that, and instead says, "free exercise" of religion? It's almost like the Founding Fathers thought there was more to exercising one's religion than just sitting in a pew, huh?

By the way, Mr. "Weapon against fellow citizens", please don't think I didn't notice how you utterly ran away from answering my question as to whether or not my revulsion toward you is somehow "harming" you. I can only assume it was because any attempt to answer that would have shown you for the ignorant butt-nugget you are, and would have prevented you from trotting out this exciting and amusing new trope.

So when I tell you that I'd rather die than spend ten minutes in the same room with you, you actually consider that the same thing as pointing a gun or brandishing a knife at you? Really? I'd say I'm flattered, except that would imply that you're not utterly insane.

You are as far from any Christian teaching I ever learned, and you are created in the very image of Satin. You are mentally and emotionally devoid of what sets humans apart from animals. I would not wish to spend a second with dirt like you, so your insults actually warm my heart. You are repulsive, ignorant and an asshole to boot.

So tell me Putin, what other religious 'freedoms' besides the freedom to discriminate are you lacking? Human sacrifice?

So you don't REALLY hate ALL bigotry and hatred, only that which you do not "agree"...YOUR hatred and bigotry is entirely "justified" by god.

(rolling eyes)

You can't make this shit up.

No. I was raised as one. I also know the Bible like the back of me hand. Was in choir for many years as my grandmother was the music director for 55 years and a theologian.

Then you know that real Christianity does not teach hatred of the sinner as they see them.

And you should also know that just because some "Christian" wronged you in no way makes them all "bad".

I never stated any such thing..I stated that christians are taught to hate the sin and love the sinner. Exclusion from patronage is one form of discrimination based upon ones lifestyle or belief.Which is against what Jesus preached.

So when he drove the Money Changers from the Temple for "practicing" their form of Religion he was not judging them?

Antares, no one cares what you think about biblical interpretation.

SCOTUS certainly doesn't.

The religious clause of the 1st Amendment will not trump the 14th Amendment in public commerce.

You have, of course, your right to private association, which will be yours to do as you wish.

If the Constitution is only defending "the right to worship in church", how comes it doesn't say that, and instead says, "free exercise" of religion? It's almost like the Founding Fathers thought there was more to exercising one's religion than just sitting in a pew, huh?

By the way, Mr. "Weapon against fellow citizens", please don't think I didn't notice how you utterly ran away from answering my question as to whether or not my revulsion toward you is somehow "harming" you. I can only assume it was because any attempt to answer that would have shown you for the ignorant butt-nugget you are, and would have prevented you from trotting out this exciting and amusing new trope.

So when I tell you that I'd rather die than spend ten minutes in the same room with you, you actually consider that the same thing as pointing a gun or brandishing a knife at you? Really? I'd say I'm flattered, except that would imply that you're not utterly insane.

You are as far from any Christian teaching I ever learned, and you are created in the very image of Satin. You are mentally and emotionally devoid of what sets humans apart from animals. I would not wish to spend a second with dirt like you, so your insults actually warm my heart. You are repulsive, ignorant and an asshole to boot.

So tell me Putin, what other religious 'freedoms' besides the freedom to discriminate are you lacking? Human sacrifice?

So you don't REALLY hate ALL bigotry and hatred, only that which you do not "agree"...YOUR hatred and bigotry is entirely "justified" by god.

(rolling eyes)

The Good Word commands us to love each other, why do you forget that and only try to twist the debate to your corner? Name me one group I hate, when I clearly stated that if I ran a business I would sell to anyone that wants to buy my products or services.

Last edited:
Antares, no one cares what you think about biblical interpretation.

SCOTUS certainly doesn't.

The religious clause of the 1st Amendment will not trump the 14th Amendment in public commerce.

You have, of course, your right to private association, which will be yours to do as you wish.

Shhh, go vote for Obama again.

So when he drove the Money Changers from the Temple for "practicing" their form of Religion he was not judging them?

He was mad that they were doing business in God's house of worship.

(rolling eyes)

The Good Word commands us to love each other, why do you forget that and only try to twist the debate to your corner? Name me one group I hate, when I clearly stated that if I ran a business I would sell to anyone that wants to buy my products or services.

First, take a look at who I was addressing and why.

Second I am not twisting anything....I am merely stating that because YOU do or do not do a thing in no way proves or disproves anything.

It is simply the way YOU do it, it in no way means that BECAUSE you do it it is the way a thing should be.

He was mad that they were doing business in God's house of worship.

But they were doing it because that was THEIR way of doing things.

My point is not that they (the money changers) were right, my point is that He indeed judged sin...and He judged it unconditionally.

I myself feel sorry for gays

If I had a business I would sell to them, but would I have right to let them know I disapprove?

(rolling eyes)

Second I am not twisting anything....I am merely stating that because YOU do or do not do a thing in no way proves or disproves anything.

It is simply the way YOU do it, it in no way means that BECAUSE you do it it is the way a thing should be.

How many times did Christ deny his services because they were gay?

Do you even know that you are a bigot?

How does "polygamy" apply here?

Hello? Is there an adult in the room who can assist you? Polygamy was the original 'issue' in in Reynolds v. United States that led the Supreme Court to "interpret the extent of the Free Exercise Clause"

The Supreme Court upheld Reynolds' conviction for bigamy, deciding that to do otherwise would provide constitutional protection for a gamut of religious beliefs, including those as extreme as human sacrifice.

Of federal territorial laws, the Court said: "Laws are made for the government of actions, and while they cannot interfere with mere religious beliefs and opinions, they may with practices."

Dude do you have ANY idea how easy it is to yank your chain and make you dance?

But hey YOU have declared not selling a cake to someone is a "weapon".....

YOU have declared that you support ONLY enforcing the parts of the Bill of Rights and Constitution that YOU agree with.

YOU have declared that "freedom" is a zero sum game....and that the ONLY way to "increase" someone's "freedom" is to "restrict" someone else's....

YOU have asserted the same totalitarian approach to things that ALL Lefty's do.....silencing and shutting down all dissent.

Never mind that there is NO logic at all to any of your positions....you believe them therefore they are "right"

You know full well that they were "free" to choose another bakery but they wanted to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I completely understand your position now, thanks to Cecilie1200's honest and succinct statement:

Cecilie1200 said:
No, we're defending THE RIGHT to discriminate.

And take solace, America has seen your ilk before in our history.

And back then, your ilk said those '*******' are "free" to choose another bakery.

sign_whites_only1.jpg

whites-only.gif

WeWashForWhitePeople.jpg

images

Hey, I found a picture of Antares, Cecilie and OKTexas

Do you even know that you are a bigot?

Just the sort of pig ignorance I expect from your type......sorry pigs..

Read the Ten Commandments. Which one says, "Thou shalt not be gay"?

If it's such a terrible sin, why didn't God mention it to Moses? And why didn't Jesus ever say anything about it during his entire life on Earth? Maybe it isn't that big of a deal.

Just how many times DID your mother drop you on your head as a baby?

First of all, Brain Trust, have you ever taken a close look at a Bible? They're fairly big books. Has it ever occurred to you to wonder why, if the Ten Commandments are the sum total of God's instructions on life and sin, there are so many more pages to that sucker?

Second of all, Moses appears in the Bible in Exodus, the second book. Leviticus, the third book, is a compilation of the laws the Israelites lived under after leaving Egypt in search of the Promised Land. These laws are known as the Law of Moses, because they were compiled by him. They include a description of homosexuality as "an abomination", so I think it's safe to say that God DID say something to Moses. Moses certainly seemed to think so.

Third, the same point about the Ten Commandments applies to the words of Jesus. Christ's ministry on Earth only spanned about three years. If the words He spoke while here were intended to be the sum total of God's instructions on life and sin, why are there so many more pages?

Completely aside from that puzzler, Jesus DID say a couple of things that are noteworthy in this context. In Matthew 5:17, He says, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets." The Law would be the aforementioned Law of Moses.

Furthermore, Jesus did condemn adultery (Matthew 19:18), sexual immorality (Matthew 19:9) and fornication (Matthew 15:19), aka sex of any kind outside of marriage. And He did go to the trouble of defining marriage as He saw it: Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate (Matthew 19:4-6).

This has, of course, all been pointed out many times before, and I find it very hard to believe that you have never seen it. Therefore, I can only assume that you think being deliberately obtuse is somehow a valid defense. It isn't.

Forum List

Back