Bill Allowing Businesses to Refuse Gays Service

If that so called 'freedom' is based on hatred, is discriminatory or harmful to another person, then YES

And just so we are clear, YOU are defending discrimination.

No, we're defending THE RIGHT to discriminate. We're not leftists, so we don't necessarily have to defend someone's opinion in order to defend their right to hold and express it. And you might want to consider just how dependent you are on the god-given right to be a public dumbfuck before you go suggesting we outlaw it.

As to "harmful", I consider you one of the most pusillanimous, repulsive creatures to ever walk the Earth and erroneously refer to itself as a human being, and there is no way short of a gun to my head that you could EVER make me have anything to do with you or any event you were part of, whether you offered to pay me as part of my business or not. Have I "harmed" you by wanting nothing to do with you, or have I just hurt your feewings?

That is a keeper.

Cecilie1200 said:
No, we're defending THE RIGHT to discriminate.

Please explain how your views differ from Vladimir Putin?

Vladimir Putin's never defended the right or freedom to do anything but march along to the state's drum. I can see how, with the typical leftist devotion to dictators, you'd have trouble recognizing that.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights protects our rights to religious freedom; to worship at any church of our choosing or to not worship at all. But the Constitution and the Bill of Rights does not protect our right to use our religion as a weapon against fellow citizens.

Why did you leave out this part.... or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ?

You can exercise your right to worship at any church of your choosing. It does NOT mean you can use it as a weapon against fellow citizens.

You people are truly sub human cretins.

If the Constitution is only defending "the right to worship in church", how comes it doesn't say that, and instead says, "free exercise" of religion? It's almost like the Founding Fathers thought there was more to exercising one's religion than just sitting in a pew, huh?

By the way, Mr. "Weapon against fellow citizens", please don't think I didn't notice how you utterly ran away from answering my question as to whether or not my revulsion toward you is somehow "harming" you. I can only assume it was because any attempt to answer that would have shown you for the ignorant butt-nugget you are, and would have prevented you from trotting out this exciting and amusing new trope.

So when I tell you that I'd rather die than spend ten minutes in the same room with you, you actually consider that the same thing as pointing a gun or brandishing a knife at you? Really? I'd say I'm flattered, except that would imply that you're not utterly insane.

If I owned a business I would take who ever monies were extended to me to make a profit.

....and we would support that decision.

Just as we support the decision NOT to take their money.

Se how flexible we are?

The intransigence and suppression of freedom is coming from the Left.

If I owned a business I would take who ever monies were extended to me to make a profit.

Se how flexible we are?

Freedom to hate is right there in the Bible.. Even though the by-line is love and acceptance. See why people that call themselve religious are so confused to be able to understand the duality of the scriptures?

Last edited:
I hate to have to ruin your delusion, but gay is normal in this country. And if you're in the business of making wedding cakes, and your business is open to the public,

you have a chosen to enter into an enterprise that is prohibited by law from discrimination.
You have yet to support the assertion. You repeating it here doesn't make it a national law. There are parts of the country that treat homosexual relationships like a race or gender but we are seeing people fight back as they realize the side effects. Soon a pastor will be forced to offer gay weddings if they let the gay zealots push them around.

The courts have at least twice ruled in favor of the gay couples in these cases.

Oregon Rules Bakery Violated Gay Couple?s Civil Rights By Denying Them A Cake For Same-Sex Wedding « CBS Seattle

Colorado Judge: Bakery That Refused Wedding Cake To Same-Sex Couple Broke The Law | ThinkProgress

No private individual can violate someone's civil rights because only government has the duty to protect civil rights and only government can violate them.

Se how flexible we are?

Freedom to hate is right there in the Bible.. Even though the by-line is love and acceptance.

You need to prove that they were motivated by hate, you have made the charge.

A thing is not hate just because YOU don't like it.

You see the Left ALWAYS thinks that they can marginalize dissent by labeling it something....that only works on you low information voters.

Se how flexible we are?

Freedom to hate is right there in the Bible.. Even though the by-line is love and acceptance.

You see the Left ALWAYS thinks that they can marginalize dissent by labeling it something....that only works on you low information voters.

How does one person's statement reflect what millions may think?
Hate, disassociation, repugnance, call it what you want. But if you don't like something then you hate it. Christians are taught to love the sinner but hate the sin.

Last edited:

Hate, disassociation, repugnance, call it what you want. But if you don't like something then you hate it. Christians are taught to love the sinner but hate the sin.

This entire statement is illogical.

Using YOUR logic YOU don't like how Christians think, therefore you hate them.

That is silly on its face, unless you DO actually hate them.
Do you?

...and if you do what makes YOUR hatred ok?

Christian's don't hate a person just because you say they do.....

"Are you saying you can't love the sinner and still refuse to feed them cake?

Moonglow, do YOU hate Christians?

No. I was raised as one. I also know the Bible like the back of me hand. Was in choir for many years as my grandmother was the music director for 55 years and a theologian.I was taught what true love of God was and how to be a nice person to all peoples on the earth.

NO. Jesus did no such thing in his ministry.

Honor thy Mother and Father.

Not, thy mother and mother or father and father

Moonglow, do YOU hate Christians?

No. I was raised as one. I also know the Bible like the back of me hand. Was in choir for many years as my grandmother was the music director for 55 years and a theologian.

Then you know that real Christianity does not teach hatred of the sinner as they see them.

And you should also know that just because some "Christian" wronged you in no way makes them all "bad".

Wondering if someone could explain this to me...

You don't hear many stories of a Christian business owner refusing to serve someone who uses the Lord's name in vein, or someone who works on Sunday (by choice), or someone who commits adultery, or someone who worships idols, or someone who gambles/drinks a lot, or someone who doesn't honor his/her parents, etc, but you DO hear stories of Christian business owners refusing to serve a gay customers.

Why just this ONE sin, lol? Why are all the other sins ignored?

I think that's a fair question....

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/22/u...-businesses-to-refuse-to-serve-gays.html?_r=0

Because they're irrational hypocrites?

.... and being bothered by a religious symbol that you don't happen to believe in is rational?

Do you?

I don't like what some people that call themselves a christian think. Being a christian means that you live your life in Christ and follow his teachings. Show me where he ever stated that homosexuals should be not allowed the same existence as heretosexuals..

Why did you leave out this part.... or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ?

You can exercise your right to worship at any church of your choosing. It does NOT mean you can use it as a weapon against fellow citizens.

You people are truly sub human cretins.

If the Constitution is only defending "the right to worship in church", how comes it doesn't say that, and instead says, "free exercise" of religion? It's almost like the Founding Fathers thought there was more to exercising one's religion than just sitting in a pew, huh?

By the way, Mr. "Weapon against fellow citizens", please don't think I didn't notice how you utterly ran away from answering my question as to whether or not my revulsion toward you is somehow "harming" you. I can only assume it was because any attempt to answer that would have shown you for the ignorant butt-nugget you are, and would have prevented you from trotting out this exciting and amusing new trope.

So when I tell you that I'd rather die than spend ten minutes in the same room with you, you actually consider that the same thing as pointing a gun or brandishing a knife at you? Really? I'd say I'm flattered, except that would imply that you're not utterly insane.

You are as far from any Christian teaching I ever learned, and you are created in the very image of Satin. You are mentally and emotionally devoid of what sets humans apart from animals. I would not wish to spend a second with dirt like you, so your insults actually warm my heart. You are repulsive, ignorant and an asshole to boot.

So tell me Putin, what other religious 'freedoms' besides the freedom to discriminate are you lacking? Human sacrifice?

Do you?

I don't like what some people that call themselves a christian think. Being a christian means that you live your life in Christ and follow his teachings. Show me where he ever stated that homosexuals should be not allowed the same existence as heretosexuals..

Whether or not YOU like something is immaterial.

This assumes YOU have all Biblical truth cornered, you do not.

Since you are so learned, did Jesus condone sin?

NO. Jesus did no such thing in his ministry.

So Jesus didn't show any tough love? Really? You might want to brush up on the New Testament again. And no I'm not going to tell you what I'm talking about, that would make it too damned easy.

Forum List

Back