Bill Requiring Women to Register for the Draft Passes Senate

I stand behind our military, but i also realize they're being killed & maimed just so rich Elites can get richer. I wouldn't advise young people to join the military at this point. Getting your legs and face blown off? For what? If the Elites want their wars, let them and their own children head off to be killed.

Let me ask you a related question.... if you saw a police officer being beaten by a suspect you knew he'd stopped for possession of marijuana, would you help the officer or the suspect?

I stand behind our military, but i also realize they're being killed & maimed just so rich Elites can get richer. I wouldn't advise young people to join the military at this point. Getting your legs and face blown off? For what? If the Elites want their wars, let them and their own children head off to be killed.

Let me ask you a related question.... if you saw a police officer being beaten by a suspect you knew he'd stopped for possession of marijuana, would you help the officer or the suspect?
I'd kick both asses and take the weed...

If we are going to have a fuckin draft, its good they are making the females register. Like the OP said, "equality".
What's the reasoning behind that? Double down on stupidity?

I don't get why anybody would think that "equality" when it comes to violating the liberty of the individual and giving politicians more potential meat for the war grinder is something we should be striving for.

Well then, if you're not willing to fight for this nation, what the hell ARE you willing to fight for, you coward?

I don't kn ow about numb nuts, but I'd help the police officer. Weed is still a federal offense. Not to mention assault on a police officer. Possibly attempted murder as well.

Neither. Keep walking, head down and pick up the pace. Not worth the risk.

I hear ya, but sadly you're still a bit confused and naive. However, i think you'll get it someday.

After 30 years I am hardly naïve. We just have different points of view, different beliefs, different values. I doubt you will 'get it' someday...and that is ok. The world would be jacked up even more if everyone saw things through 'Liberal eyes'...or 'Conservative eyes'.

And for all the liberties and freedoms you have and continue to enjoy, I am sure all the military members who have fallen around the world In the past defending those rights and liberties for you would say, 'You're welcome'.

Sadly, that's rarely been the case. Most of the wars they've fought in were merely wars for acquiring more money & power for the few Elites. The preservation of our Freedom & Liberty hasn't been the reason for war for many many years. Our soldiers are being used as mercenaries for the rich. They're disposable meat for the Permanent War Meat Grinder.

They're not fighting 'Right vs. Wrong' or 'Freedom & Democracy' wars. I'm sorry, but that is the sad reality. I wouldn't encourage young people to join the military at this point. And i don't believe in forcing them to register for a draft either. If the Elites want Permanent War, let them and their own children head off to be killed and maimed. But the rest of us will pass.
Spoken like a true member of the Green Party.

I'm not a member of the Green Party.
I know. I keep telling you that you SHOULD belong to the Green Party but just don't know it! You sound EXACTLY like one of them.

I might try to help the officer. But it's a very tough call. Interfering can set you up for all sorts of trouble. I know it's not a great answer, but it is a complicated question. I'll throw one back at ya. If you saw a Citizen being brutally beaten by a police officer, would you help the Citizen?

I'd kick both asses and take the weed...

Back to your cartoons little boy. The adults are talkin.

I don't kn ow about numb nuts, but I'd help the police officer. Weed is still a federal offense. Not to mention assault on a police officer. Possibly attempted murder as well.

Very unlikely scenario anyway. It's much more likely the Gestapo thug would be assaulting the Citizen. Most pot-smokers i've known, are very peaceful chilled folks. They don't have an ounce of violence in em. They prefer an ounce of weed.

Neither. Keep walking, head down and pick up the pace. Not worth the risk.

Yeah sadly, either decision you make, could cost ya bigtime. We live in the most litigious nation on earth. The U.S. now imprisons more of its Citizens than any other nation. You'd likely be sued or prosecuted for something.

I hear ya, but sadly you're still a bit confused and naive. However, i think you'll get it someday.

After 30 years I am hardly naïve. We just have different points of view, different beliefs, different values. I doubt you will 'get it' someday...and that is ok. The world would be jacked up even more if everyone saw things through 'Liberal eyes'...or 'Conservative eyes'.

And for all the liberties and freedoms you have and continue to enjoy, I am sure all the military members who have fallen around the world In the past defending those rights and liberties for you would say, 'You're welcome'.

Sadly, that's rarely been the case. Most of the wars they've fought in were merely wars for acquiring more money & power for the few Elites. The preservation of our Freedom & Liberty hasn't been the reason for war for many many years. Our soldiers are being used as mercenaries for the rich. They're disposable meat for the Permanent War Meat Grinder.

They're not fighting 'Right vs. Wrong' or 'Freedom & Democracy' wars. I'm sorry, but that is the sad reality. I wouldn't encourage young people to join the military at this point. And i don't believe in forcing them to register for a draft either. If the Elites want Permanent War, let them and their own children head off to be killed and maimed. But the rest of us will pass.
Spoken like a true member of the Green Party.

I'm not a member of the Green Party.
I know. I keep telling you that you SHOULD belong to the Green Party but just don't know it! You sound EXACTLY like one of them.

Nah, we disagree on too much. I'm not a member of the Globull Warming cult. It wouldn't work out.

I might try to help the officer. But it's a very tough call. Interfering can set you up for all sorts of trouble. I know it's not a great answer, but it is a complicated question. I'll throw one back at ya. If you saw a Citizen being brutally beaten by a police officer, would you help the Citizen?

I respect your answer and agree that it can be a complicated issue.

The only situation in which I would step in would be if I had 100% certainty that the citizen has been neither verbally nor physically resistant to the officer. Other than that I'd be far more likely to step in and assist the officer. Then again, I'm an avowed Authoritarian. I make no bones about thst.

The only situation in which I would step in would be if I had 100% certainty that the citizen has been neither verbally nor physically resistant to the officer. Other than that I'd be far more likely to step in and assist the officer. Then again, I'm an avowed Authoritarian. I make no bones about thst.

I hear ya, and i respect your honesty. I'm an avowed Anti-Authoritarian, so we'll likely never see eye to eye on issues concerning the Police. I feel the Police have been allowed to get away with too much for too many years. It's a rotten system. Far too one-sided in favor of the Police. Just how i feel anyway.

I hear ya, and i respect your honesty. I'm an avowed Anti-Authoritarian, so we'll likely never see eye to eye on issues concerning the Police. I feel the Police have been allowed to get away with too much for too many years. It's a rotten system. Far too one-sided in favor of the Police. Just how i feel anyway.

Here's my biggest thing against the "police". They work for politicians. Frankly - they exist to be the enforcement arm of politicians. Keep the people in line.

I know several police officers, Sheriffs, and such. My Nephew is a Detective Lieutenant in Atlanta. He agrees. You'd be surprised at just how close "Gangs" and "politicians" are.

Whereas I believe the Citizenry has been allowed to get away with too much. The system IS Rotten. That we can agree on.

I just believe that Law and Order are the foundation of a legitimate socirty/culture. We don't have either in our society today.

At least we can respectfully discuss it and agree to disagree.

If we are going to have a fuckin draft, its good they are making the females register. Like the OP said, "equality".
What's the reasoning behind that? Double down on stupidity?

I don't get why anybody would think that "equality" when it comes to violating the liberty of the individual and giving politicians more potential meat for the war grinder is something we should be striving for.

Well then, if you're not willing to fight for this nation, what the hell ARE you willing to fight for, you coward?
Been there, done that...... how about you?

Apparently you cannot read since my objection was to the DRAFT and nothing to do with "fighting for this nation". :rolleyes:

Now feel free to return to your Internet Rambo routine.

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Forum List

Back