Bill Requiring Women to Register for the Draft Passes Senate

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Bill Requiring Women to Register for the Draft Passes Senate | Military.com

A provision that would require women to register for the military draft alongside men for the first time in American history was included as part of the massive 2017 National Defense Authorization Act that passed the Senate handily on Tuesday with an 85-13 vote.

The language requiring the draft for women was added in committee and received little debate on the Senate floor, but has created a firestorm of controversy on and off Capitol Hill. It comes as the military services welcome women into previously closed ground combat units in keeping with a mandate from Defense Secretary Ash Carter given late last year.

Equality!

A provision that would require women to register for the military draft alongside men for the first time in American history was included as part of the massive 2017 National Defense Authorization Act that passed the Senate handily on Tuesday with an 85-13 vote.

The language requiring the draft for women was added in committee and received little debate on the Senate floor, but has created a firestorm of controversy on and off Capitol Hill. It comes as the military services welcome women into previously closed ground combat units in keeping with a mandate from Defense Secretary Ash Carter given late last year.

Equality!
Stupidity... nobody should have to register for a draft, not only is it tantamount to slavery it just encourages asshole politicians to engage in war.

If we are going to have a fuckin draft, its good they are making the females register. Like the OP said, "equality".

Equality!

Time have changed and if women want equal rights then they have to accept with those rights come the shit us men have to endure with like signing up for the Selective Service Program...

If we are going to have a fuckin draft, its good they are making the females register. Like the OP said, "equality".
What's the reasoning behind that? Double down on stupidity?

I don't get why anybody would think that "equality" when it comes to violating the liberty of the individual and giving politicians more potential meat for the war grinder is something we should be striving for.

I don't get why anybody would think that "equality" when it comes to violating the liberty of the individual and giving politicians more potential meat for the war grinder is something we should be striving for.
If women want equality in combat positions so they can earn rank, then they should be equally screwed by the draft.

If women want equality in combat positions so they can earn rank, then they should be equally screwed by the draft.
The road to tyranny is paved with such utter nonsense.

The prudent and moral thing to do would be to ban selective service registration and the draft and to immediately hang any politician that openly suggests re instituting it.

Equality!

How many teenage girls are going to say "As if! Well, I'm not going to do it and you can't make me!"?

I take it you are unfamiliar with the Second Militia Act of 1792. Our Founders, who were more expert on liberty and the Constitution than you are, were just fine with a military draft.

I am against the draft. But if our fascists think we should have one, at least it is equal

Equality!

How many teenage girls are going to say "As if! Well, I'm not going to do it and you can't make me!"?
Maybe it will make them Republicans.

The prudent and moral thing to do would be to ban selective service registration and the draft and to immediately hang any politician that openly suggests re instituting it.

Uh, no, that's not prudent at all. That's pretty farcical. Some form of compulsory service or impressment has existed since the beginnings of time. You really mean to tell me that in the event of an invasion from a foreign power requiring greater military force than on hand, the government should simply sit back and hope enough people volunteer to preserve the continuity of the country?

Uh, no, that's not prudent at all. That's pretty farcical. Some form of compulsory service or impressment has existed since the beginnings of time. You really mean to tell me that in the event of an invasion from a foreign power requiring greater military force than on hand, the government should simply sit back and hope enough people volunteer to preserve the continuity of the country?
Not only that, our Founders instituted conscription as the result of an internal rebellion.

I take it you are unfamiliar with the Second Militia Act of 1792. Our Founder's were just fine with a military draft.
Who the fuck cares? "Our Founders" were just fine with slavery too. Of course politicians are "just fine with a military draft" it gives them more meat for the grinder and it's a safe bet it won't be them or their children that are the ones getting drafted.

Forcing someone at gunpoint into servitude for the military is slavery of the worst kind and is completely immoral.

What did you expect?

Marines found a way around it.

In the last five months, 6 out of 7 female recruits — and 40 out of about 1,500 male recruits — failed to pass the new regimen of pull-ups, ammunition-can lifts, a 3-mile run and combat maneuvers required to move on in training for combat jobs, according to the data.

New Standards Weeding Out Both Male and Female Marine Combat Hopefuls | Military.com
That's as it should be. The Marines should not lower their standards to accommodate the weaker sex.

Obese Afro-American and Hispanspic females are definitely going to sign up ASAP! :p This is just part of the genocidal efforts of the ZOG.

Forum List

Back