Bill Requiring Women to Register for the Draft Passes Senate

I hope all the feminists who scoffed at me decades ago in my first political speech at my state capitol are still alive. I said at the time, when speaking for the rescinding of the ERA, their version of equality would eventuality lead to the drafting of women into combat. They screeched at me as being a preposterous hysteric.

This movement putting women into combat was started by Pat Schroeder. I want her name to be forever noted for posterity. Her wiki page makes no mention of her key role in this. I find that very interesting.
This old feminist has no problem with women defending their country, sharing that responsibility equally. My son volunteered in his day and my granddaughter is planning to enlist when she is done with school. My biggest worry right now is the high rate of rape among female recruits in This Man's Army. Hope something can improve there.

The thing is OldLady, there will be no "country" worth defending if intelligent, good looking broads are drafted. Besides any entity today can be completely destroyed via air power and the concept of a draft is totally obsolete. Of course the ZOG likes to use "wars" to maximize the reduction of whitey so they have the "quagmire" strategy.

The thing is OldLady, there will be no "country" worth defending if intelligent, good looking broads are drafted. Besides any entity today can be completely destroyed via air power and the concept of a draft is totally obsolete. Of course the ZOG likes to use "wars" to maximize the reduction of whitey so they have the "quagmire" strategy.
Absolutely no idea what you just said. Not any of it.

Bill Requiring Women to Register for the Draft Passes Senate | Military.com

A provision that would require women to register for the military draft alongside men for the first time in American history was included as part of the massive 2017 National Defense Authorization Act that passed the Senate handily on Tuesday with an 85-13 vote.

The language requiring the draft for women was added in committee and received little debate on the Senate floor, but has created a firestorm of controversy on and off Capitol Hill. It comes as the military services welcome women into previously closed ground combat units in keeping with a mandate from Defense Secretary Ash Carter given late last year.

Equality!

First you far left drones do not understand the word equality!

Next there is no draft any more, when those that are 18 years of age must register with selective services.

See how the far left drones use their religious key words, but do not understand what they mean..

I don't get why anybody would think that "equality" when it comes to violating the liberty of the individual and giving politicians more potential meat for the war grinder is something we should be striving for.

Very simple..... If you aren't willing to Kill and Die for this country, you don't belong here to begin with.

More meat for the Permanent War Meat Grinder. This is nothing to celebrate. I now have to advise young people to steer clear of joining the military if possible. The Global Elites who start all the wars, are very quick to send poor folks to be killed & maimed. But those same Global Elites are very slow to take care of those who survive and return home. Always remember, the Global Elites don't send their own children to be killed & maimed in their wars. They only send the 'Common Peasants' to die.

Stupidity... nobody should have to register for a draft, not only is it tantamount to slavery it just encourages asshole politicians to engage in war.

Exactly. Instead of condemning more people to slavery they should eliminate the Selective Service altogether. It's an antiquated system from a bygone day.

A provision that would require women to register for the military draft alongside men for the first time in American history was included as part of the massive 2017 National Defense Authorization Act that passed the Senate handily on Tuesday with an 85-13 vote.

The language requiring the draft for women was added in committee and received little debate on the Senate floor, but has created a firestorm of controversy on and off Capitol Hill. It comes as the military services welcome women into previously closed ground combat units in keeping with a mandate from Defense Secretary Ash Carter given late last year.

Equality!

How many teenage girls are going to say "As if! Well, I'm not going to do it and you can't make me!"?
Maybe it will make them Republicans.
That often happens when democrats are forced to face the harsh reality of life.

Stupidity... nobody should have to register for a draft, not only is it tantamount to slavery it just encourages asshole politicians to engage in war.

Exactly. Instead of condemning more people to slavery they should eliminate the Selective Service altogether. It's an antiquated system from a bygone day.

Yeah, i don't get why so many are celebrating this. More meat for the Warmonger Meat Grinder is nothing to celebrate.

If we are going to have a fuckin draft, its good they are making the females register. Like the OP said, "equality".
What's the reasoning behind that? Double down on stupidity?

I don't get why anybody would think that "equality" when it comes to violating the liberty of the individual and giving politicians more potential meat for the war grinder is something we should be striving for.
I take it you are unfamiliar with the Second Militia Act of 1792. Our Founders, who were more expert on liberty and the Constitution than you are, were just fine with a military draft.

Why do you always arrogantly assume you're the only person who knows this stuff?

Americans had the British on their door step in 1792 ready to break it down again. They had a need to be able to assemble a standing army at any time. We hardly have that need today, particularly considering we have an all voluntary military now that was recently downsized. Aside from Afghanistan in 2002, we haven't fought a single war in 70 years that was in defense of our nation. Most of them have been imperialist wars of aggression on our part.

Very simple..... If you aren't willing to Kill and Die for this country, you don't belong here to begin with.
What does "willing" have to do with being drafted? In case you haven't heard the draft is INVOLUNTARY.

The other problem with your statement is the definition of "for this country" , it's a safe bet most people would be willing to defend themselves, their loved ones and their homes but not so much for politician manufactured, asinine military adventurism like say Vietnam (you know the last time our asshole politicians drafted citizens into the military).

Women should be very wary about celebrating this. Becoming slaves to the Warmonger Elites is nothing to jump for joy about.

'Equality'. Be careful what you ask for....you just might get it.

I believe THIS in regards to 'equality' regarding the military and the sexes:

It's a case-by-case thing. I have served with some women, to include Israelis, and they were some of the 'baddest' soldiers I came across. At the same time I served with some women AND MEN who could not cut it and those who weren't worth that much in a combat situation. It's not completely a 'women vs men' thing. There are some guy I wouldn't want to go into combat with because they couldn't do the things we are demanding the women do.

If this nation, God forbid, ever gets into a situation where we are so 'desperate' for troops that we have to draft women then we are in a fight for our very survival and at that point anyone who can should come to their nation's defense.

Germany, Israel, and others do have a program I think the US should adopt, one that may be the only way to save this nation, and that is to have a program where when you finish high school (or 18 and have dropped out) you should have to serve 2 years in the military.

It does not have to be the 'combat' military - it can be a military-style group that helps their local / state communities, learns a trade, and also learns honor, integrity, discipline, and respect - for self, others, and country.

What does "willing" have to do with being drafted? In case you haven't heard the draft is INVOLUNTARY.

The other problem with your statement is the definition of "for this country" , it's a safe bet most people would be willing to defend themselves, their loved ones and their homes but not so much for politician manufactured, asinine military adventurism like say Vietnam (you know the last time our asshole politicians drafted citizens into the military).

I know how the system works. In 1968 my father was drafted. He turned down two separate and unrelated deferrals (1 medical and 1 educational) and went off to the US Army, and service in Vietnam. A "willing" soldier when his country called on him, but not one who chose the army as a career.

'Equality'. Be careful what you ask for....you just might get it.

I believe THIS in regards to 'equality' regarding the military and the sexes:

It's a case-by-case thing. I have served with some women, to include Israelis, and they were some of the 'baddest' soldiers I came across. At the same time I served with some women AND MEN who could not cut it and those who weren't worth that much in a combat situation. It's not completely a 'women vs men' thing. There are some guy I wouldn't want to go into combat with because they couldn't do the things we are demanding the women do.

If this nation, God forbid, ever gets into a situation where we are so 'desperate' for troops that we have to draft women then we are in a fight for our very survival and at that point anyone who can should come to their nation's defense.

Germany, Israel, and others do have a program I think the US should adopt, one that may be the only way to save this nation, and that is to have a program where when you finish high school (or 18 and have dropped out) you should have to serve 2 years in the military.

It does not have to be the 'combat' military - it can be a military-style group that helps their local / state communities, learns a trade, and also learns honor, integrity, discipline, and respect - for self, others, and country.

No thanks. No one should be forced to be a slave for the Warmongering Global Elites. Let them send their own children to be killed and maimed. It's time to end their endless war.

Last edited:
No thanks. No one should be forced to be a slave for the Warmongering Global Elites. Let them send their own children to be killed and maimed. It's time to end their endless war.
Having seen and been in war I agree; however, war will always exist, and a nation must be prepared to defend itself. Whether you WANT to go to war or not war will eventually come to you. At that point saying, 'No thank you - I choose not to participate' does NOT work.

Having seen and been in war I agree; however, war will always exist, and a nation must be prepared to defend itself. Whether you WANT to go to war or not war will eventually come to you. At that point saying, 'No thank you - I choose not to participate' does NOT work.

Sorry, i'll never support slavery.

Equality!

How many teenage girls are going to say "As if! Well, I'm not going to do it and you can't make me!"?
If there is an active draft and women need to serve, there will be a LOT of pregnant women all of a sudden. Married or no.

There will always be draft dodgers. Getting pregnant for that purpose is pretty extreme. Not far off the mark from shooting yourself in the foot.

So you will take every ounce of freedom, liberty, and the perks that go with it, but if ever called upon to defend the country from which you have suckled your entire life, that has given you so much, you will simply sit down and watch it be destroyed / taken over?

Freedom isn't free. It must be defended. Those who 'take' and are never willing to 'give back, under any circumstances are little more than 'leaches'. I am sorry if I offend you, as I do not mean to imply you are a 'leach'. I do not know you or know what your life is like. I am just amazed when people are actually against defending (NOT being drafted to go to war in some far off land for some politician's agenda - I count that as something completely separate) the nation that has given them everything.

I do, however, respect your opinion, which I have gladly defended your right to have and continue to do so.

So you will take every ounce of freedom, liberty, and the perks that go with it, but if ever called upon to defend the country from which you have suckled your entire life, that has given you so much, you will simply sit down and watch it be destroyed / taken over?

Freedom isn't free. It must be defended. Those who 'take' and are never willing to 'give back, under any circumstances are little more than 'leaches'. I am sorry if I offend you, as I do not mean to imply you are a 'leach'. I do not know you or know what your life is like. I am just amazed when people are actually against defending (NOT being drafted to go to war in some far off land for some politician's agenda - I count that as something completely separate) the nation that has given them everything.

I do, however, respect your opinion, which I have gladly defended your right to have and continue to do so.

Hey you wanna head off and be killed or maimed just to make some rich Globalist Elites richer, then have at it. You wanna send your children off to die for nothing, then go for it. But i'll pass.

Forum List

Back