New defense bill mandates Selective Service registration for women

It is highly unusual for an 18 year old female to be as capable as an 18 year old male in physical roles. You can believe what you want, but that is just a fact.

There is no draft, this is about registering for selective service at 18. I have no problem with women registering. They can certainly relieve some of the men from non-combat roles.

Strength and Endurance roles. Flexibility and nimbleness roles they might have a better chance.

Strength and Endurance roles. Flexibility and nimbleness roles they might have a better chance.

Sure, there are certainly some physical areas where women can be better than men, on average, but most physical roles require many aspects of physicality. If we just needed somebody to squeeze through a small space a smaller more flexible woman may be a great choice. The problem is that once she gets though the space, she may be faced with other physical obstacles where she is at a clear disadvantage.

Sure, there are certainly some physical areas where women can be better than men, on average, but most physical roles require many aspects of physicality. If we just needed somebody to squeeze through a small space a smaller more flexible woman may be a great choice. The problem is that once she gets though the space, she may be faced with other physical obstacles where she is at a clear disadvantage.

I find it ironic that many women hate the idea of shooting firearms where firearm shooting is one of the things that eliminates strength as a mitigating factor.

I find it ironic that many women hate the idea of shooting firearms where firearm shooting is one of the things that eliminates strength as a mitigating factor.

True, disposition certainly plays a role too. Women are different than men. Go figure.

A long range sniper does seem like a potentially reasonable combat role for women who are so inclined to pursue.

Forum List

Back