Bill to force homeschoolers to warrantless home inspections

Yeah, right!

pgyhrOp.jpg

You seem weak Admiral....you just bend over when someone wrongs you? Serious question because you sure come across that way

It's simple, no warrant go the fuck away. Even a know it all public educator should know that.
Should public and private schools not be open to inspection then
?

I don' care what public schools do, private schools? no, their house their rules. We send our children to private schools to avoid state interference, same reason parents home school.

The bottom line is the left absolutely hates home schooling and private schools....think hard why that is. Hint: It has to do with control
No problem as long as there is accountability and the children are safe

Ya mean like Parkland, where is the accountability for 17 dead kids? Massive hint...it's not the NRA's fault...it's the school's and the governments.

But it's you, you'll never grasp it
There is accountability....it is going on right now.

Yeah, right!

pgyhrOp.jpg

You seem weak Admiral....you just bend over when someone wrongs you? Serious question because you sure come across that way

It's simple, no warrant go the fuck away. Even a know it all public educator should know that.
?

I don' care what public schools do, private schools? no, their house their rules. We send our children to private schools to avoid state interference, same reason parents home school.

The bottom line is the left absolutely hates home schooling and private schools....think hard why that is. Hint: It has to do with control
I have no hatred of either home schooling or private schools so speak for yourself not the left.

How can you prevent child abuse?

100%? Sadly, you probably can't.

This is not to say that I'm simply shrugging and blowing it off. If I had psychic abilities, I'd hunt every one of those sick fuckers down and do things that would be taught about in police forensics classes forevermore. However, it is necessary to consider that sending authorities into a home for any reason, even when it's justified, causes damage and trauma to the children. This is a fact, and therefore it is not something you want to do unless you have good reason to believe that NOT sending them would be worse. We don't have those Amendments to protect those freedoms just for the fun and convenience of it; we have them because they are genuinely necessary, and because we live in such a free, safe, comfortable nation in general, we tend to forget how important our freedoms are, and why.

So yes, we definitely need to always look for better ways to protect children, BUT . . . we have to find ways to do it that won't destroy people's lives, INCLUDING the lives of the very children we want to protect.
How does a benign inspection of a home school cause trauma? Daycares are inspected on a regular basis...are those children traumatized?

?

I have no hatred of either home schooling or private schools so speak for yourself not the left.

Oh get over that, they're using "child abuse" as a ruse and you fell for it. What's next warrant less searches for "child abuse"?
How about answering the question? For example, an inspection process might have uncovered the Turpin abuse much sooner and they are hardley unique.

And before you go off on another tangent I am not saying homeschooling has any more abuse than other schools but tbat it lacks any mechanism for exposing it.

What question? You can't "prevent" child abuse. You're using one incident to justify what is basically an invasion of privacy, warrant less search and my husband says likely violates the Fourth...and will surely be challenged.

Children that are home schooled are not hidden away from society, they lead active lives, participate in sports for one, at least four of the girls that attend the same gym our daughter does are home schooled, they are happy, normal, fun loving kids (and excellent gymnasts).
Actually earlier in the thread I linked to an article citing multiple examples. The Turpins are just the most high profile.

I am not saying homeschooled children are hidden away, homeschooling like other schools can be good or bad. But unlike other schools, it’s structure allows the bad ones to remain hidden and protected by their so-called rights. And that IS a problem.

?

Ya mean like Parkland, where is the accountability for 17 dead kids? Massive hint...it's not the NRA's fault...it's the school's and the governments.

Where? Who's head has rolled?

These activists want greater home-school monitoring. Parent groups say no way.

Hunt and Green are members of a loose network of Washington-area home-schooled adults who are leading a quiet insurgency against what they say are the worst elements of home schooling, from educational neglect to physical and sexual abuse, to debilitating social alienation. Their efforts are scattered and their experiences varied, but a passion for change is what connects them.

Even some who say they’re glad they were home-schooled — people such as Daniel Silver, a 29-year-old Woodbridge, Va., college student — see room for improvement. It was Silver who alerted Green to Hertzler’s situation.

The regulation advocates want stronger oversight, methods to monitor the quality of the education and ways to protect children from the dangers that can unfold behind a family’s closed doors.

?

It is ongoing.

A brief scan of statistics related to Maryland high school graduation indicates that Md. is in the low average with about 75% graduation but wait. The statistics are hard to find for Baltimore but it seems that the graduation rate is below 50% in Md. cities. Wouldn't you think the Maryland legislature would be worried about the inner city dropout rate rather than the non issue of home schooled kids?
Why’s can’t they be concerned with both?

Oh get over that, they're using "child abuse" as a ruse and you fell for it. What's next warrant less searches for "child abuse"?
How about answering the question? For example, an inspection process might have uncovered the Turpin abuse much sooner and they are hardley unique.

And before you go off on another tangent I am not saying homeschooling has any more abuse than other schools but tbat it lacks any mechanism for exposing it.

What question? You can't "prevent" child abuse. You're using one incident to justify what is basically an invasion of privacy, warrant less search and my husband says likely violates the Fourth...and will surely be challenged.

Children that are home schooled are not hidden away from society, they lead active lives, participate in sports for one, at least four of the girls that attend the same gym our daughter does are home schooled, they are happy, normal, fun loving kids (and excellent gymnasts).
Actually earlier in the thread I linked to an article citing multiple examples. The Turpins are just the most high profile.

I am not saying homeschooled children are hidden away, homeschooling like other schools can be good or bad. But unlike other schools, it’s structure allows the bad ones to remain hidden and protected by their so-called rights. And that IS a problem.

Before anyone starts going after home schools they'd be wise to start addressing the mess in public education. Start with these teachers sexually molesting students. There are THREE new cases on my feed just today.

Yeah, right!

pgyhrOp.jpg

?

NRA ensured he could buy the killing weapon of his choice
The school was the victim of lenient gun laws

It is ongoing.

They can start with the Broward County sheriff...systematic failure. But he's politically connected so nothing will happen

Before anyone starts going after home schools they'd be wise to start addressing the mess in public education. Start with these teachers sexually molesting students. There are THREE new cases on my feed just today.
Exactly. They should get their own house in order. They not only seem to find it difficult to spot the pervs, but when they do, they give them references so they can go elsewhere and abuse again.

Sex Abuse Scandal Rocks Public Schools

You can do both

Exactly. They should get their own house in order. They not only seem to find it difficult to spot the pervs, but when they do, they give them references so they can go elsewhere and abuse again.

It's freaking out of control. Every single day another new case comes out....but let's dwell on home schools!!! Good grief, don't throw stones when you're in a glass house. There is no way I'd send our children to a public school

You can do both
Exactly. And you should do both.

It's freaking out of control. Every single day another new case comes out....but let's dwell on home schools!!! Good grief, don't throw stones when you're in a glass house. There is no way I'd send our children to a public school
So homeschooling should get a free pass?

You can do both

You worry about yours and we'll worry about ours. Again, we don't want the gummit sticking their noses in it. I mean really it's not like the government hasn't ever screwed up anything...right?

The problem is it will end up just like Children Services, a bloated agency known for really fucking everything up. I've heard and read the horror stories

The thing with home schools is they are almost completely unregulated so the claim that everyone is picking on home schools is hollow and certainly not supported by any vast body of law and regulation the way standard schools are.

You can do both

You worry about yours and we'll worry about ours. Again, we don't want the gummit sticking their noses in it. I mean really it's not like the government hasn't ever screwed up anything...right?

The problem is it will end up just like Children Services, a bloated agency known for really fucking everything up. I've heard and read the horror stories
I think we all ought to worry about the kids and weed out the bad ones in all these situations. Agree?

So homeschooling should get a free pass?

I've stated my opinion. They home school to avoid interference. I've witnessed home schooled children at our daughter's gym, at debates, in sporting events, etc. I don't see any abuse and they run circles around public educated kids in the debates

You can do both

I think we all ought to worry about the kids and weed out the bad ones in all these situations. Agree?

Not if it includes some government appointed loon invading someone's home. NO, just no

Forum List

Back