🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bishop Asks Supreme Court to Recognize Personhood of the Unborn.

They don't have the moral right (in my opinion) and they don't have the legal right either.

They should, and many still do, have the right to abort a fetus however.

The fetus you mean...and thanks for your opinion.
Does playing semantic games make it easier for you to sleep at night?

Semantics? A baby is born, a fetus is in the womb. That is not semantics, it's fact.

Do/did you call your grandparents children?
Merriam Webster defines a child as an unborn person as one of the definitions if you want to go down that route. MW also defines 'baby' as a young child. Therefore, unborn persons can be called babies or children, according to MW.

Since a very tiny percentage of deaths are investigated, this shouldn't be an issue unless there is probable cause.

I'm good with child support from conception. Ditto married pregnant women claiming a dependent.

Simply not true. Do you think that a 1 year old dies and they just go "oh, ok" and move on.

MW also defines 'baby' as a young child. Therefore, unborn persons can be called babies or children, according to MW.

Wow. Talk about semantics. Just because a baby can be a young a young child and a young child can be called an unborn person (fetus) that does not mean a baby can be a child.

Ever hear of the saying, "All horses are animals but not all animals are horses"?

I think this applies...but it's my Friday and I have beer to drink. If you disagree then that's fine.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Yep.
Children Are Dying at Alarming Rates in Foster Care, and Nobody Is Bothering to Investigate
And if it's true of foster children, it's certainly true of 'regular' children. Again, there needs to be probable cause.

All your link does is say that Civitas Solutions did not investigate. It does not say the local authorities did not.

Besides, do you not agree there should be an invesigation into every child that dies to determine why they died and if anyone is responsible?

All your link does is say that Civitas Solutions did not investigate. It does not say the local authorities did not.

Besides, do you not agree there should be an invesigation into every child that dies to determine why they died and if anyone is responsible?
It's not what I agree to, it's what is.
And again, it's highly unlikely miscarriages would be investigated. So...strawman.

Wow. Talk about semantics. Just because a baby can be a young a young child and a young child can be called an unborn person (fetus) that does not mean a baby can be a child.

Ever hear of the saying, "All horses are animals but not all animals are horses"?

I think this applies...but it's my Friday and I have beer to drink. If you disagree then that's fine.

Hope you have a great weekend!
All babies are children, but more importantly all are growing developing human beings that should be protected.

It's not what I agree to, it's what is.
And again, it's highly unlikely miscarriages would be investigated. So...strawman.

So you do not really believe the baby in the womb is the same as the baby outside of it.

The Constitution ruled on 3/5 personhood for blacks, so yes, 'personhood' most definitely was in there.
OK so here's an unintended consequence of that.

If a fetus is a person and granted ALL recognized rights then you are saying that any person has the right to dwell inside the body of a woman and use that woman as a source of nourishment and protection.

OR

If a woman has a fetus removed but not killed then she has committed no crime in any state and that fetus can be allowed to live as a free person in a petri dish until it expires.

OK so here's an unintended consequence of that.

If a fetus is a person and granted ALL recognized rights then you are saying that any person has the right to dwell inside the body of a woman and use that woman as a source of nourishment and protection.

OR

If a woman has a fetus removed but not killed then she has committed no crime in any state and that fetus can be allowed to live as a free person in a petri dish until it expires.
Gee you're stupid.

Forum List

Back