Biting Them In Their Butts

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016
Rank-and-file Republicans are notorious for being single issue voters. They hear one of their politicians voicing a view that is similar to their own, sincere or not, and they leap into voting for the individual without any concern for the candidate’s other views, and how they and their family will be hurt.

This occurs in all fifty states and is exactly what happened in Owsley County, Kentucky where 66% rely on Medicaid. 70% of this 66% helped elect Republican Matt Bevin. He campaigned with the promise to cut the state's Medicaid program and eliminate the state-run Kynect health insurance exchange. 70% of the 66% decided their children did NOT deserve health insurance because, as staunch conservatives, they must vote for the Republican candidate.

“Owsley County Judge-Executive Cale Turner, a Democrat, said the election results didn't surprise him. His constituents wanted to express their opposition to Democratic President Barack Obama and what they perceive as ‘the liberal agenda’ on social issues, Turner said.

" ‘To be honest with you, a lot of folks in Owsley County went to the polls and voted against gay marriage and abortion, and as a result, I'm afraid they voted away their health insurance,’ Turner said. ‘Which was their right to do, I guess. But it's sad. Many people here signed up with Kynect, and it's helped them, it's been an absolute blessing.’ "

This is the problem with single-issue voters, particularly Republicans who are women, or poverty stricken, or elderly, or disabled, or depend upon other government safety net programs for themselves and especially their children. Their conservatism forces them to demonstrate their hatred for liberals and liberal policies, this in turn, bites them in their butts. Regardless of the number of times they take it in the shorts from the GOP, they always choose to help the super-rich over the needs of their children and themselves.

Nationwide, Trump voters have taken this right wing, single-issue idiocy to entirely new heights.

image.png

Also:

Kentucky counties with highest Medicaid rates backed Matt Bevin, who plans to cut Medicaid

They hear one of their politicians voicing a view that is similar to their own, sincere or not, and they leap into voting for the individual without any concern for the candidate’s other views, and how they and their family will be hurt.

That isn't unique to Republicans. I'll demonstrate:

This is the problem with single-issue voters, particularly Republicans who are women, or poverty stricken, or elderly, or disabled, or depend upon other government safety net programs for themselves and especially their children.Their conservatism forces them to demonstrate their hatred for liberals and liberal policies, this in turn, bites them in their butts.

On the other hand, you're just paranoid. Conservatism doesn't prompt hatred. Passion does. Yes, you heard me. Combine passion with ignorance and you get hatred. Sort of like the hateful rhetoric you're using in your post.

Nice opinionated rant....just what I needed - a fairy tale to help me fall asleep. :p

Rank-and-file Republicans are notorious for being single issue voters. They hear one of their politicians voicing a view that is similar to their own, sincere or not, and they leap into voting for the individual without any concern for the candidate’s other views, and how they and their family will be hurt.

This occurs in all fifty states and is exactly what happened in Owsley County, Kentucky where 66% rely on Medicaid. 70% of this 66% helped elect Republican Matt Bevin. He campaigned with the promise to cut the state's Medicaid program and eliminate the state-run Kynect health insurance exchange. 70% of the 66% decided their children did NOT deserve health insurance because, as staunch conservatives, they must vote for the Republican candidate.

“Owsley County Judge-Executive Cale Turner, a Democrat, said the election results didn't surprise him. His constituents wanted to express their opposition to Democratic President Barack Obama and what they perceive as ‘the liberal agenda’ on social issues, Turner said.

" ‘To be honest with you, a lot of folks in Owsley County went to the polls and voted against gay marriage and abortion, and as a result, I'm afraid they voted away their health insurance,’ Turner said. ‘Which was their right to do, I guess. But it's sad. Many people here signed up with Kynect, and it's helped them, it's been an absolute blessing.’ "

This is the problem with single-issue voters, particularly Republicans who are women, or poverty stricken, or elderly, or disabled, or depend upon other government safety net programs for themselves and especially their children. Their conservatism forces them to demonstrate their hatred for liberals and liberal policies, this in turn, bites them in their butts. Regardless of the number of times they take it in the shorts from the GOP, they always choose to help the super-rich over the needs of their children and themselves.

Nationwide, Trump voters have taken this right wing, single-issue idiocy to entirely new heights.

View attachment 100539

Also:

Kentucky counties with highest Medicaid rates backed Matt Bevin, who plans to cut Medicaid

Total bullshit. Most of my friends who voted Trump are Dems. Many of my Repub friends went with Hillary.

This election was not even left vs right.

Lots of issues to consider. Illegal immigration, economy, Muslim refugees, Obamacare and the jobs killed by it, etc.

Personally, I know libs who vote for one thing - freebies.

View attachment 100539

Also:

Maybe they prefer jobs and independence over dependence.

Forum List

Back