Black couple’s home valued £345,000 more when white friend posed as owner

Can anyone get their heads around this? - Goes a bit beyond my comprehension.
I always thought California was one of the most liberal of states, if that is so what are the most conservative ones like?
Your misconception of whiteness is most annoying.
Explain cos this really is beyond me?
90 percent or American news is fake

I always thought California was one of the most liberal of states, if that is so what are the most conservative ones like?

My guess is the grape soda dispenser in every room and the watermelon patch in the back yard upped the value considerably. :thup:

I had my house appraised a number or years ago so that I could refinance my loan. The appraiser measured the square footage and recorded a number of other attributes about the house. He used software to come up with an appraisal. I am certain that the color of my skin was not one of the attributes entered in his appraisal program.

I'll bet he didn't appraise in British pounds, either....

My guess is the grape soda dispenser in every room and the watermelon patch in the back yard upped the value considerably. :thup:

And the empty Colt 45 forty ouncers.......

I had my house appraised a number or years ago so that I could refinance my loan. The appraiser measured the square footage and recorded a number of other attributes about the house. He used software to come up with an appraisal. I am certain that the color of my skin was not one of the attributes entered in his appraisal program.

There are all kinds of ways that the software could factor the race of the owner into the calculations, including address, value of the lot, and comparables.

There are all kinds of ways that the software could factor the race of the owner into the calculations, including address, value of the lot, and comparables.

Crime rates....income levels....credit score.

Perhaps, but that doesn't go along with the linked article to the OP.

It's a well known phenomenon in this country. It is based on the perception that the neighborhood either has gone or is going downhill, because black people live there.

Forum List

Back