Black girl upset with white male who has dreadlocks robbing her culture

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Black girl needs to check her privilege.

By the way, dreadlocks are butt ugly.

A tense confrontation at San Francisco State University between two people — one white man with dreadlocks and one black woman without — has gone viral on YouTube.

The two argued over the man’s dreadlocks after the woman in the video assumedly said that the man’s dreadlocks were ripping off her culture — that it’s cultural appropriation, basically. “You’re saying that I can’t have a hairstyle because it’s your culture? Why?” the guy replied.

“Because it’s my culture!” she said, before the two entered into a heated debate over dreadlocks being a part of the culture in Egypt (“Where’s Egypt?” the woman asked the man repeatedly).

“You have no right to tell me what I can and can’t wear,” he told her before trying to walk away. The two then tussled in an awkward pushing contest before the man stormed off, and the woman realized they were being filmed.

The university has confirmed that the incident occurred and that campus police were called to the scene. While the statement does not say whether or not the two are students at the school, it does note that neither are employees, as was first reported. Further, the statement reads: “San Francisco State University promotes the rights of the campus community to engage in free speech but does not condone behavior that impedes the safety or well-being of others. We are taking the matter seriously and will promptly and thoroughly investigate this incident through applicable university channels, including our campus student conduct procedures.”

There isn’t much else known about the video, which does raise some “was this scripted?” flags — neither participant noticed being filmed (“Just for everyone’s safety,” the cameraman explained to the woman), and the back-and-forth shoving looks a little like an amateur play.

Dreadlocks have a complex history, as Yahoo Beauty discussed last week, after Tyra Banks revealed her own on social media. The long, matted tresses were originally worn by ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Aztecs, and Africans (the earliest Africans to wear dreads were the Masai tribesmen, of Kenya, who exist to this day).Dreads were also worn in India by Hindu yogis and holy men and women, who considered their locks sacred — an extension of their spiritual practice, Yahoo Beauty has previously reported.

Can white people wear dreads without appropriating? Different people have different answers, but here’s hoping future discussions are a little calmer than this one.

Spar Over Dreadlocks at San Francisco State University Goes Viral

Interesting how she apparently thinks it's okay to block someones path as well as grab someones arm.

When I was in school, this would be nothing at all.
If someone physically blocked your path, you were entitled to kick their teeth in, which is what this winch deserved.Today however, with the hyper-sensitivity about "safe spaces" and the requirement that everyone on campus must feel warm and fuzzy as well as welcome, the university should be kicking this girl out if she's a student.
Originally it was reported she was a member of the staff, apparently that's not true.

A tense confrontation at San Francisco State University between two people — one white man with dreadlocks and one black woman without — has gone viral on YouTube.

The two argued over the man’s dreadlocks after the woman in the video assumedly said that the man’s dreadlocks were ripping off her culture — that it’s cultural appropriation, basically. “You’re saying that I can’t have a hairstyle because it’s your culture? Why?” the guy replied.

“Because it’s my culture!” she said, before the two entered into a heated debate over dreadlocks being a part of the culture in Egypt (“Where’s Egypt?” the woman asked the man repeatedly).

“You have no right to tell me what I can and can’t wear,” he told her before trying to walk away. The two then tussled in an awkward pushing contest before the man stormed off, and the woman realized they were being filmed.

The university has confirmed that the incident occurred and that campus police were called to the scene. While the statement does not say whether or not the two are students at the school, it does note that neither are employees, as was first reported. Further, the statement reads: “San Francisco State University promotes the rights of the campus community to engage in free speech but does not condone behavior that impedes the safety or well-being of others. We are taking the matter seriously and will promptly and thoroughly investigate this incident through applicable university channels, including our campus student conduct procedures.”

There isn’t much else known about the video, which does raise some “was this scripted?” flags — neither participant noticed being filmed (“Just for everyone’s safety,” the cameraman explained to the woman), and the back-and-forth shoving looks a little like an amateur play.

Dreadlocks have a complex history, as Yahoo Beauty discussed last week, after Tyra Banks revealed her own on social media. The long, matted tresses were originally worn by ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Aztecs, and Africans (the earliest Africans to wear dreads were the Masai tribesmen, of Kenya, who exist to this day).Dreads were also worn in India by Hindu yogis and holy men and women, who considered their locks sacred — an extension of their spiritual practice, Yahoo Beauty has previously reported.

Can white people wear dreads without appropriating? Different people have different answers, but here’s hoping future discussions are a little calmer than this one.

i generally find it to be a good idea for people to not decide what should offend others.

thanks troll boy for yet another useless bigoted whining thread.

Interesting how she apparently thinks it's okay to block someones path as well as grab someones arm.

If someone physically blocked your path, you were entitled to kick their teeth in, which is what this winch deserved.Today however, with the hyper-sensitivity about "safe spaces" and the requirement that everyone on campus must feel warm and fuzzy as well as welcome, the university should be kicking this girl out if she's a student.
Originally it was reported she was a member of the staff, apparently that's not true.
You arent allowed to defend yourself against bullies now.

So if I attach her to the front of my truck she can help out when I get stuck?

I would have just broken her wrist when she grabbed my arm. Then she would have been in too much pain to assault the guy with the camera.

..but I bet in other circumstances she preaches about diversity and how the US being a melting pot is a great thing that we should all embrace.

Could someone please remind this bitch that her culture isnt from Africa?

i generally find it to be a good idea for people to not decide what should offend others.

Ohhhhhhhh, you're so funny, I forgot to laugh ! :ahole-1:

Wow, if someone tried to look like me, I wouldn't be offended. I would be touched.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If someone tried to look like me I would certainly pet their guide dog or at least help them cross the street.

My God......what even is "black culture" at this point? Decades ago, these people fought tooth and nail for desegregation, equal rights, colorless society etc........and achieved it. Now? Now they are fighting for people to recognize them for their blackness!!

Gotta say..........wtf?:uhh:

Not sure there even is such a thing as black culture.:spinner:

Do you ever leave your house?

She's on video committing the crime of assault and false imprisonment, and her friend is an accomplice to the crime. I think expulsion is warranted.

Forum List

Back