Black historic Female professional baseball player Toni Stone added As a player on the video game, MLB the show 24

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
In the video game MLB the show which is the only game I play occasionally on the PS five as I find it to be a bit educational…. There has been a new player inserted, a female baseball player by the name of Toni Stone.

There’s a bunch of cartoons depicting her and she is rated as a highly skilled player on the video game “MLB the show” …. So I thought to myself. OK let me try and find some videos of her in real life playing baseball in the Negro leagues. I’ve searched throughout YouTube and I’ve found nothing. There are no videos of her playing baseball to my knowledge, I would love if somebody can show that.

Now the cartoons or animated films depicting Tony Stone are your typical run of the mill left-wing messaging showing how she had to deal with white only spaces and what not. And while that is certainly true the direction of these is some very divisive in my opinion. None of them really ever acknowledge that slavery and racism was a worldwide issue. It was not a inherently white thing. There are these types of videos that are in someways pretty good and interesting.

Here’s a few ,

Again, there’s some interesting and positive messaging from the video above. Nobody can deny that. As a lifelong baseball fan, I like it. But I question some of the direction here. Really they should talk about the fact that racism and slavery are not inherent to the white man, black men owned white slaves throughout history. There were black racists. There are black racist. There are white racist to this day.

Most important I am asking if any anybody on this thread can show video of Toni Stone playing a Negro league baseball game. Not a cartoon not an animated depiction but real life video evidence. Let’s see how she played the game. Let’s see how she moved on the baseball diamond because it’s a fascinating topic. I think that people deserve a lot more than an animated cartoon.

Reportedly stone faced tremendous opposition from male black baseball players in the Negro leagues. Now this runs an opposition to what some modern-day people might say for the hell of it like “well the Negro leagues didn’t care what color or what gender you are”, which is what the host in one of the videos in the original post suggests.

Obviously this was the 1950s a different era when such ideas that men can get pregnant or similar were not in the mass media, or women playing in male sports or men playing in women’s sports was not part of our culture.

The bottom line is I’m asking folks if any of them can produce any videos of Stone playing competitive baseball. Because I do think it’s a very interesting topic and we deserve more than a cartoon.

Last edited:
Did she also strike out Ruth and Gehrig like Jackie Mitchell did?

Did she also strike out Ruth and Gehrig like Jackie Mitchell did?
no, both of those players were dead before stones time

Toni Stone was said to be a great talent in the game MLB the show 24.

It would be nice to see some video of her playing a competitive game. If you can show that great. Or if anybody can show that it would be wonderful.

no, both of those players were dead before stones time

Toni Stone was said to be a great talent in the game MLB the show 24.

It would be nice to see some video of her playing a competitive game. If you can show that great. Or if anybody can show that it would be wonderful.
Dude, they're yanking your chain. Stop wasting your time looking.

Dude, they're yanking your chain. Stop wasting your time looking.
Well, I’m a lifelong baseball fan so it’s a fascinating topic to me.

What do you or other players know about the Negro leagues. How much of it was competitive baseball how much of it was barnstorming or exhibition type comedy shows.

You know like the Harlem Globetrotters for example sure they are Talented basketball players, but those are fixed exhibition games for show.

I’m trying to compile video footage of the Negro baseball leagues. I found one team the Indianapolis clowns take a look at this.

It’s actually kind of entertaining. But it looks like something for show for comedy. Now I’m trying to find serious competitive footage of the Negro baseball league. Post some footage if you have any.

Do you know if the MLB is incorporating statistics from exhibition games that may have even been fixed from some of the Negro leagues?

No matter what, the Negro Leagues were not MLB. It has been well known forever that the Negro Leagues had poor pitching, one study said at best of times it was AAA level, and at other times less.

And no, claiming some Negro League records are now MLB is just plain stupid.

Jackie Robinson was a terrific player, but he had played no organized baseball, then he went to the Negro Leagues and in that one season there put up a 205 OPS+, by far the highest he ever had in organized baseball.

Showing how mediocre the pitching was in the Negro Leagues. And shows that offensive stats from the Negro Leagues were put up against mediocre pitching and have no business being considered MLB level.

The Society for American Baseball Research has looked particularly closely at Stone's claim that she got a hit off Satchel Paige, of the St. Louis Browns, on Easter Sunday in 1953.[32][28] While no one has disproven the claim entirely, during the spring training when the exhibition game purportedly happened, there is no record of the Browns playing the Clowns.[7]

Lol

What do you or other players know about the Negro leagues. How much of it was competitive baseball how much of it was barnstorming or exhibition type comedy shows.

You know like the Harlem Globetrotters for example sure they are Talented basketball players, but those are fixed exhibition games for show.

I’m trying to compile video footage of the Negro baseball leagues. I found one team the Indianapolis clowns take a look at this.

It’s actually kind of entertaining. But it looks like something for show for comedy. Now I’m trying to find serious competitive footage of the Negro baseball league. Post some footage if you have any.

Do you know if the MLB is incorporating statistics from exhibition games that may have even been fixed from some of the Negro leagues?

I doubt if the MLB has put much thought into this. It's simply politics, and they know it.

I had an interesting conversation with an octogenarian former Negro League player a few years ago. It was real baseball. The curious dynamic was that every team was essentially a minor league team peppered with a few major-league-talent players. The average players all thought they were all that, actually getting paid to play baseball and then one of those mega-talented players would show up and quickly humble the others. He said the talented players would show up drunk sometimes and still show up the others, they were that good. He also said he played against Willie Mays before Mays was called up to MLB.

Forum List

Back