Black History IS American History

Putting black citizens in their own little ghettos (like black history month or black "Christmas" better known
as Kwanza) only reinforces black's "otherness" and segregates them from the American mainstream.

Black citizens can't stand the sort of "love" leftists smother them with. It literally kills them.

Why does ANY race need a special time devoted to just THEM? I am really peeved and conflicted...it's sending mixed messages. Blacks are like special needs children all of a sudden? Oh, they CAN'T do anything unless WE help them? Blacks are different and deserve a special time to give them "credit"? This is so beyond condescending.

Lessee.

January, MLK national holiday.

February, black history month.

June, the newest addition national holiday, Juneteenth.

Yeah, insanity abounds.

Why does ANY race need a special time devoted to just THEM? I am really peeved and conflicted...it's sending mixed messages. Blacks are like special needs children all of a sudden? Oh, they CAN'T do anything unless WE help them? Blacks are different and deserve a special time to give them "credit"? This is so beyond condescending.
Perhaps changing one word will help you see how dumb your remark is.
Why does ANY religion need a special time devoted to just THEM? I am really peeved and conflicted...it's sending mixed messages. Christians are like special needs children all of a sudden? Oh, they CAN'T do anything unless WE help them? Christians are different and deserve a special time to give them "credit"? This is so beyond condescending.

Why does ANY religion need a special time devoted to just THEM? I am really peeved and conflicted...it's sending mixed messages. Christians are like special needs children all of a sudden? Oh, they CAN'T do anything unless WE help them? Christians are different and deserve a special time to give them "credit"? This is so beyond condescending.
No, sorry. Black history month? Sorry I am agnostic. Our culture was founded by Christians, so it's their game. I am good with that.

Ohm, Watt, Volta, Einstein or that other non black guy, Edison. But lets give credit where credit is due...some random black guy that did something.

Christians are different, in a good way. :smile:

No, sorry. Black history month? Sorry I am agnostic. Our culture was founded by Christians, so it's their game. I am good with that.
Saying others shouldn't celebrate just because you don't care to join them is pretty selfish, don't you think?

Putting black citizens in their own little ghettos (like black history month or black "Christmas" better known
as Kwanza) only reinforces black's "otherness" and segregates them from the American mainstream.

Black citizens can't stand the sort of "love" leftists smother them with. It literally kills them.
Are you black?

No celebration. Not until there's a white history month, a yellow history month, a red history month and a hybrid history month.

Why do you need a "white history month"? Most of the history written is "white history". From the perspective of the white people

Well practically yes. Being that blacks are 14% of the culture, its weird that they are now represented in almost 90% over everything now. Under representation is one thing, yes. But this is ridiculous. It comes off as a condescending joke.
You should call the cops if someone is making you celebrate black history month against your will. Don't hold back. Tell me what those bad people made you do.

Forum List

Back