Black Liberals Out of Their Cotton Picking Minds

Is it ever okay to tell a Black man he has a Cotton Picking Mind?

• Yes if you're a Trump Campaign person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes if you're a Trump supporter

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

• Only if

• Total voters
that's not proof that it is/was racist
you've had your chance
I didn't even need to ask--you can't prove that it is racist
If intended as was taken, they surely were racist. I can't prove what a person intends, but when I call them on something and they do not clarify? That is on them.

David Bossie apologized. He did so because he knows it looked like he was being a racist. A racist like you can say something like "Go home you dirty, filthy subhuman" to a person of color. Those words by themselves are not racist are they, because I can use them against anyone of any color.

But attempting to play words games with me and being smug with yourself, does you or your cause any good. You're just trying to defend racism by saying it isn't racism. That makes any sense? No? Neither do your arguments

you've had your chance
If intended as was taken, they surely were racist. I can't prove what a person intends, but when I call them on something and they do not clarify? That is on them.

David Bossie apologized. He did so because he knows it looked like he was being a racist. A racist like you can say something like "Go home you dirty, filthy subhuman" to a person of color. Those words by themselves are not racist are they, because I can use them against anyone of any color.

But attempting to play words games with me and being smug with yourself, does you or your cause any good. You're just trying to defend racism by saying it isn't racism. That makes any sense? No? Neither do your arguments
sure

Liberals do not have "minds" to be out of.

Whatever sphincter is functioning as their "minds" most likely also serves to manage the flow of bile or blood waste evidenced by the repulsive and sickening shit they post.

Absolutely Correct! We could all,learn a thing or two about dignity, humanitarianism, liberty, fraternity and egalitarianism from you and your most gracious post here today! What class! What nobility! Your call for division, suspicion, fear and hatred are not only well thought out but is consistent with the message of Conservatism offered up in this Age of Trump.

You stand as an example for our children and an exemplar of your ideology! Thank you for your great sight, your truth and your enduring message.

The Regressive Left is in charge of deciding what is and isn't "racist", who is a "racist", and consequences for all said racism.

So we need to defer to them.
So you do not believe it is regressive to say a Black man has a cotton picking mind?
I have to admit, I used to say that phrase all the time in my younger days. I had no idea it is so offensive and when I read this, I was a tad shocked. I now say 'bleeping' rather than 'cotton-picking', thank God, out of sheer forgetting of the phrase, but I genuinely had no idea it is offensive. I had a couple of school friends from the south who actually were 'cotton-pickers', only they called it 'cotton-chopping'. They and their families made their harsh living in the fields, and they were not black. which may be why I didn't understand the offense.

OTOH, this guy Bossie really IS a racist SOB.

you've had your chance

You have successfully destroyed your own argument. Words are not offensive (racist) unless the person uttering those words intend them to be offensive to the person or people he/she is talking to.

I have to admit, I used to say that phrase all the time in my younger days. I had no idea it is so offensive and when I read this, I was a tad shocked. I now say 'bleeping' rather than 'cotton-picking', thank God, out of sheer forgetting of the phrase, but I genuinely had no idea it is offensive. I had a couple of school friends from the south who actually were 'cotton-pickers', only they called it 'cotton-chopping'. They and their families made their harsh living in the fields, and they were not black. which may be why I didn't understand the offense.

OTOH, this guy Bossie really IS a racist SOB.
Out in the real world, I'm not very pc. But I'm also not intentionally mean and nasty intending to hurt people I disagree with or happen to dislike. . I've tied never to throw a racist term at another individual, using a word as a weapon meant to hurt.

That is the best any of us can do. I've never believed only racists use racist language, that using racist language makes somebody a racist. But only a racist would not step back, reflect and not apologize.

You have successfully destroyed your own argument. Words are not offensive (racist) unless the person uttering those words intend them to be offensive to the person or people he/she is talking to.
you appear to be confused with life. One can unintentionally do things, like break a law or insult somebody. That is why police, prosecutors and the courts usually have within their tool box, the power of discretion. And it is why we have a thing such as apologies. We, at least we decent people, apologize for unintended offense given.

Liberals do not have "minds" to be out of.

Whatever sphincter is functioning as their "minds" most likely also serves to manage the flow of bile or blood waste evidenced by the repulsive and sickening shit they post.

Absolutely Correct! We could all,learn a thing or two about dignity, humanitarianism, liberty, fraternity and egalitarianism from you and your most gracious post here today! What class! What nobility! Your call for division, suspicion, fear and hatred are not only well thought out but is consistent with the message of Conservatism offered up in this Age of Trump.

You stand as an example for our children and an exemplar of your ideology! Thank you for your great sight, your truth and your enduring message.
Your call for division, suspicion, fear and hatred are not only well thought out but is consistent with the message of Conservatism offered up in this Age of Trump.

Perfectly worded.

I don't know why the conservatives keep denying they are racists. It's too evident. Look who they voted in.

Several of the WHITE cats from Dixie I was in the Army with picked cotton as kids... this is just another lame attempt by the Stalinists to control speech....FAIL

you can't even say ''fried chicken'' regarding blacks
you can't say anything or it's RACIST
Zoeller: My Tiger comment was joke gone awry
Only in your world. And your mind is stuck on being a white victim
He said nothing about white. You did.
Anything non-black gets in trouble for cotton-picking or any reference to watermelon or fried chicken.
You’re the one painting everything into colors. You’re the guilty segregationist.
You and your pals harmonica and Tom Horn can play the game of what word is actually mentioned, but we all know I can call y'all crackers without ever using the term white or cracker.

then you stumble over what obviously got pissed into your gene pool: segregation
WTF does that mean?? you are babbling again

you can't even say ''fried chicken'' regarding blacks
you can't say anything or it's RACIST
Zoeller: My Tiger comment was joke gone awry
Only in your world. And your mind is stuck on being a white victim
He said nothing about white. You did.
Anything non-black gets in trouble for cotton-picking or any reference to watermelon or fried chicken.
You’re the one painting everything into colors. You’re the guilty segregationist.
You and your pals harmonica and Tom Horn can play the game of what word is actually mentioned, but we all know I can call y'all crackers without ever using the term white or cracker.

then you stumble over what obviously got pissed into your gene pool: segregation
So you’re admitting that you’re a segregationist?

From Urban Dictionary

May be offensive, and perceived as derogatory or insulting, to any intelligent or enlightened audience if spoken aloud.

This presupposes that the left is the only intelligent or enlightened people.

I wouldn't use the phrase, but I would not stop Myself from using it on the basis that it may be offensive to someone. We need to stop worrying about offending people.

The Regressive Left is in charge of deciding what is and isn't "racist", who is a "racist", and consequences for all said racism.

So we need to defer to them.
So you do not believe it is regressive to say a Black man has a cotton picking mind?
Who gives a Shit, I'm to busy in my mind to think about this kind of stuff. You people need to get a job, and a life.

more proof libs/etc are so obsessed with race it warps their minds

More proof right wingers will defend racism no matter what.
again--the problem is you people do NOT know the definition of racism
rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
please prove the saying is racist ..if you can't, your post is worthless crap
it's NOT racism

We don’t know the definition of racism? Lol.

The guy said he had a cotton picking mind. Gee I wondered where he got that reference from?

Don’t tell me he would have said the same thing to another white man.

You right wingers think you’re being so slick and sneaky with your racism.

You all are so obviously racist.

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
  1. prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
it's NOT racism

The guy said he had a cotton picking mind. Gee I wondered where he got that reference from?

It's an old term from when Dems owned slaves and forced them to pick their cotton. Some of the weaker souls would lose their sanity from picking so much cotton all day. They would have cotton picking nightmares at night, dreaming that the fields went on forever. They would mumble and try to leave the plantation. They were said to have cotton picking minds.

These days they're called self-loathing traitors to their race, or Uncle Toms (btw Uncle Tom was the hero).

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
it's NOT racism

...you can't just make up a definition of any word to fit your story--that's not how it works
...once again--your posts are worthless crap because you can't prove your claim
''sneaky'' --hahahahhahaaa
''obviously'' hahahahahha..really .....
so do you think saying ''fried chicken'' and ''blackhole'' is racist??

Forum List

Back