Black Man Attempts Getaway With Watermelons!

Well you know this is only natural to them. I suggest the farmer use this next time as a deterrent!

watermelon-patch.jpg

micahel-bryant.jpg

Suspected NC watermelon thief's getaway foiled by mud
Funny, The only thing missing fried chicken and grape soda...

Well you know this is only natural to them. I suggest the farmer use this next time as a deterrent!

watermelon-patch.jpg

micahel-bryant.jpg

This is important enough for Fox News?

Anyway, this reminded me of an article I read awhile ago about the watermelon wars that were going on when a handful of farmers were producing improved cultivars not yet available to the public, and people were stealing them like mad for the seeds. Some farmers stood guard over their fields with a shotgun and others, who wanted their sleep, injected a random number with poison and posted signs warning people. The biggest problem with the poison route was that sometimes the farmer would forget which ones he had poisoned and serve it to the family.

Bradford watermelons were so juicy and delicious, people literally used to die for them

I first saw this story on NBC affiliate KING in Seattle. I couldn’t figure out why they thought it was news for the PNW. Rather humorous, except for the thief.
NOT his best day. LOL
Sounds like something that would happen to me, if I screwed up my courage to steal a pickup full of melons. Crime doesn't pay.

You know, though, it's so tempting out in the midst of farm country where you can drive and drive and see nothing but fields of corn or melons or whatever....no houses or habitation anywhere. I went to college in farm country, and the temptation to help myself to some nice sweet corn on the cob or magnificent sunflowers was there, though I never did it.

watermelon-patch.jpg

micahel-bryant.jpg

Anyway, this reminded me of an article I read awhile ago about the watermelon wars that were going on when a handful of farmers were producing improved cultivars not yet available to the public, and people were stealing them like mad for the seeds. Some farmers stood guard over their fields with a shotgun and others, who wanted their sleep, injected a random number with poison and posted signs warning people. The biggest problem with the poison route was that sometimes the farmer would forget which ones he had poisoned and serve it to the family.

Bradford watermelons were so juicy and delicious, people literally used to die for them

I first saw this story on NBC affiliate KING in Seattle. I couldn’t figure out why they thought it was news for the PNW. Rather humorous, except for the thief.
NOT his best day. LOL
Sounds like something that would happen to me, if I screwed up my courage to steal a pickup full of melons. Crime doesn't pay.

You know, though, it's so tempting out in the midst of farm country where you can drive and drive and see nothing but fields of corn or melons or whatever....no houses or habitation anywhere. I went to college in farm country, and the temptation to help myself to some nice sweet corn on the cob or magnificent sunflowers was there, though I never did it.
Are you missing the point of the post?
A black man was caught stealing a shit load of watermelon… Now that is fucking funny. Like I said the only thing missing is fried chicken and grape soda…

watermelon-patch.jpg

micahel-bryant.jpg

NOT his best day. LOL

I’m sure all those hardworking republican farmers would love to see your pumpkin head stealing there product lol click click ha

watermelon-patch.jpg

micahel-bryant.jpg

NOT his best day. LOL

A black man was caught stealing a shit load of watermelon… Now that is fucking funny. Like I said the only thing missing is fried chicken and grape soda…
Yes, I got the point and I'm ignoring it.

watermelon-patch.jpg

micahel-bryant.jpg

NOT his best day. LOL

Me too! Driving by peach and apple orchards and thinking, just one. But again like you, I'd get a farmer that saw me and turn me in. I imagine myself sitting in jail and I ask the guy what he is in for, he says murder, he asks me what I'm in for, I say stealing an apple. I know right then, I'm a dead man.

watermelon-patch.jpg

micahel-bryant.jpg

NOT his best day. LOL

Yes, I got the point and I'm ignoring it.
Why ignore it?
It was teed up almost perfectly time.... lol

Damn! Watermelon season is about over, no?

In another week or so, the farmer probably wouldn't care.

Here in Phoenix they've been selling watermelon with seeds as "seedless"...end of season blues.

(Will spits imaginary seed thanks to the trauma he's endured)

watermelon-patch.jpg

micahel-bryant.jpg

NOT his best day. LOL

Me too! Driving by peach and apple orchards and thinking, just one. But again like you, I'd get a farmer that saw me and turn me in. I imagine myself sitting in jail and I ask the guy what he is in for, he says murder, he asks me what I'm in for, I say stealing an apple. I know right then, I'm a dead man.

Thing is?
Most of those farmers would let you pick a few for nothing if you asked.
As far as watermelons go? Any moron living in the right region can grow watermelons.
Sit on a bare patch of sandy soil and eat a watermelon and spit the seeds out.....done.
It's harder to get rid of em than it is to grow em.

Police are looking into whether or not he is connected to a robbery at KFC a week earlier.
Oh! They gonna try to pin that on him? I bet it wasn't him. Sad.

Watermelon patch truck loaders are generally not armed robbers.
We use to rob the farmer across the road, and we were armed with a knife. Just one knife and some salt. Grew up and one day I saw him and he said he always knew when to pick them, it was when we showed up to commit theft. I could not stop laughing he knew all along.

Forum List

Back