BlackRock CEO believes boomers should retire later than 65

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
BlackRock (BLK) CEO Larry Fink has some strict criticism for the generation born in the 1950s, often known as baby boomers, or boomers for short. The executive, who is a boomer himself, claimed in a new letter to BlackRock investors that the older generation hasn’t been doing enough to help the “economically anxious” younger generations and should retire at an age later than 65.

“It’s no wonder younger generations, Millennials and Gen Z, are so economically anxious,” said Fink in the letter. “They believe my generation — the baby boomers — have focused on their own financial well-being to the detriment of who comes next. And in the case of retirement, they’re right.”

Fink also said in the letter that younger generations “have lost trust in older generations,” and that it is the responsibility for boomers to gain it back by making investments. “Young people have lost trust in older generations,” he said. “The burden is on us to get it back. And maybe investing for their long-term goals, including retirement, isn’t such a bad place to begin.”

Fink also states in the letter that he believes that older generations should retire at an age over 65 due to changing demographics in the country. He claims that people are living longer than they did in the early 20th century, and that the Social Security program worked during that era because “more than half the people who worked and paid into the system never lived to retire and be paid from the system.

FU Larry, I beat that timeline by many, many years....He's 71, so he's just holding a job a much younger man could do.....He can take his advice and shove it up his DEI/ESG-stained ass.

He's just pissed we are not checking-out soon enough so BR can buy up our homes from our ungrateful kids for cheap and turn them into rentals.

Meh, those of us who are retired will continue to enjoy it, despite the whining of an egotistical globalist asshole.

Shouldn’t Boomers be retiring earlier to make room for younger workers?

In my last job, late nineties early noughties, I always tried to hire staff older than 55. They had a work different ethic in general, worked hard, keen to retrain, and were not concerned taking a mobile phone into work to distract them.

I think equally, the older generations are fed up of the younger generations.

BlackRock (BLK) CEO Larry Fink has some strict criticism for the generation born in the 1950s, often known as baby boomers, or boomers for short. The executive, who is a boomer himself, claimed in a new letter to BlackRock investors that the older generation hasn’t been doing enough to help the “economically anxious” younger generations and should retire at an age later than 65.

“It’s no wonder younger generations, Millennials and Gen Z, are so economically anxious,” said Fink in the letter. “They believe my generation — the baby boomers — have focused on their own financial well-being to the detriment of who comes next. And in the case of retirement, they’re right.”

Fink also said in the letter that younger generations “have lost trust in older generations,” and that it is the responsibility for boomers to gain it back by making investments. “Young people have lost trust in older generations,” he said. “The burden is on us to get it back. And maybe investing for their long-term goals, including retirement, isn’t such a bad place to begin.”

Fink also states in the letter that he believes that older generations should retire at an age over 65 due to changing demographics in the country. He claims that people are living longer than they did in the early 20th century, and that the Social Security program worked during that era because “more than half the people who worked and paid into the system never lived to retire and be paid from the system.

FU Larry, I beat that timeline by many, many years....He's 71, so he's just holding a job a much younger man could do.....He can take his advice and shove it up his DEI/ESG-stained ass.

He's just pissed we are not checking-out soon enough so BR can buy up our homes from our ungrateful kids for cheap and turn them into rentals.

Meh, those of us who are retired will continue to enjoy it, despite the whining of an egotistical globalist asshole.
that guy sits on his ass all day....

Fuck that. These coffin dodgers need to retire, and get out of the way allowing some of the younger folks the opportunity for advancement.

Yeah, he might have a different perspective had he swung a framing hammer for 50 years.

Many of my peers that were in the trades are mostly on disability now....It takes a toll.
yes it does.....these people who sit in an nice office all day looking out the window who think anyone can work until they are 70 are fucking idiots....

Unusually enough I agree with you.

Forum List

Back