Blade Runner trying to win an Oscar in his murder trial

Did you ever consider the possibility that he is telling the truth?

When you go hunting, do you shoot first and then go see what you hit? Probably.

He wasn't hunting.

You know he was in combat, right? That is how he lost his legs, is it remotely possible he has PTSD? Or would that make you look like an asshole?
Nope, his legs were removed below the knee when he was 11 months old, because they were deformed. Where do you get this stuff?

How did Oscar Pistorius lose his legs? - CSMonitor.com

I don't know much about the case. But she was a beautiful woman.

122052786_Steenkamp_384964j.jpg

I know I wouldn't shoot her......maybe he's telling the truth?

I don't think he is. He says they were not fighting that night and had gone to bed 4 hours before the shooting. However, his pathologist and the states pathologist both testified Steencamp had food in her stomach which proves she was up eating 1-2 hours before she was shot. Two sets of neighbors told the police that night they were fighting and they heard screaming and arguing before they heard gunshots. Additionally, both sets testified they heard Steencamp screaming in what they described as 'fear' seconds BEFORE the gun was shot 4 times.

South Africa seems to have some pretty strict gun laws South Africa’s Firearms Control Act came into force in 2000, following a decade which saw a huge spike in gun-related homicides. People applying for gun licenses now undergo rigorous checks, which take into account issues like a person’s temper, recurring issues of violence, abuse of alcohol. Interviews with spouses are also carried out. Also, a bill which seeks to give police extra powers to arrest anyone carrying a dangerous weapon in public was introduced into parliament and yet this guy got them go figure.

South Africa seems to have some pretty strict gun laws South Africa’s Firearms Control Act came into force in 2000, following a decade which saw a huge spike in gun-related homicides. People applying for gun licenses now undergo rigorous checks, which take into account issues like a person’s temper, recurring issues of violence, abuse of alcohol. Interviews with spouses are also carried out. Also, a bill which seeks to give police extra powers to arrest anyone carrying a dangerous weapon in public was introduced into parliament and yet this guy got them go figure.

The above act will probably have a say in if he is convicted as well. The tests and the information put out has strict rules in how one may operate a weapon, they have to know what they are shooting at and so forth. Additionally, it has been testified to, he used the gun in two different occasions where he was reckless as well.

One, he became enraged at a cop for touching his weapon and shot it through the sunroof of his car in anger, and another where his weapon discharged in a restaurant while he was handing it to another person.

Another gun owner claims it was an accident. Says he'll never touch another gun. Big crocodile tears. But there's no ignorant gun advocate jury to bullshit. Think he can make a chump out of the judge? Will she buy his really stupid story? Do you?

I noticed that when he was testifying, he was weeping uncontrollably. But when the prosecuting attorney was talking about him in critical terms, he was scowling. Two sides of the coin. One giving the other away.

perhaps i have been lucky in the men i have been around...gun owners most of them....but when they thought there was danger their first thought was always to protect the women and children...locate and protect...

how hard is saying 'babe you okay, babe where are you'?

A guy wakes up in bed after hearing noises in the bathroom, and instead of assuming it's the person HE LIVES with, we're supposed to believe that the natural thing is to assume it's an intruder.
Yeah right.
This guy is just another pampered asshole that believes he's above the law and he can do whatever he likes. In his mind, laws and rules are for the little people.
This is S. Africa's OJ trial, and lets hope that unlike the U.S., they get it right.

Gun advocates believe guns ARE the law. S. Africa is smarter than the U.S., they know better than to leave it to twelve morons, with only one needed to be another moron gun advocate that feels sorry for a murderer.

Drop the gun crap. This is about a privileged man who thought he could do as he pleased. If he hadn't shot her, he would have eventually used other methods of violence.

Telling the truth? Puleeze! Even if he was telling the truth, he's still guilty of killing an innocent woman. There's no excuse for killing someone, before you know who you are shooting.

If you are deer hunting and hear a sound, you don't shoot towards that sound, and then go see if it was a deer. That's how Dick Cheney hunts.

when most men hear a noise at night and get up to go see what it is...they normally wake the female and tell her....when my son was here...my husbands exact words would be...'grab your rifle and amno, get to the boy and wait' that would be all he needs to tell me to arm myself and go protect my child...that he is the first line of defense and i am the 2nd....no man fires into a closed space when his woman is with him and he is not sure where she is...why in the hell would one expect an intruder in the bathroom...

Another gun owner claims it was an accident. Says he'll never touch another gun. Big crocodile tears. But there's no ignorant gun advocate jury to bullshit. Think he can make a chump out of the judge? Will she buy his really stupid story? Do you?

No.

Having been the veteran of many "domestic" squabbles, it's almost a given that a woman will run into the bathroom at some point and lock the door.

matter of fact...i cannot think of one redneck gun owner who has shot his woman like this...not one...
there should never be mistaken identity in the land of guns

No.

Having been the veteran of many "domestic" squabbles, it's almost a given that a woman will run into the bathroom at some point and lock the door.

good point

There was no mistaken identity. He murdered her in cold blood. My guess is they were fighting and she became frightened of him. She'd told friends before his anger was so intense it frightened her. She locked herself in the bathroom to get away from him and he shot her through the door. That's my guess.

There was no mistaken identity. He murdered her in cold blood. My guess is they were fighting and she became frightened of him. She'd told friends before his anger was so intense it frightened her. She locked herself in the bathroom to get away from him and he shot her through the door. That's my guess.

winner winner chicken dinner....

that is exactly what happened...he was in such a rage that she would not open the door....he most likely threatened and she ran her mouth back at him....and he snapped..there is no way in hell he didnt know she was in that bathroom...remember it is not what an american would call a bathroom...it is a basic enclosed toilet...not that big...he killed her...he may regret it now but he killed her....

Wow!!!! did anybody watch the trial last night? the prosecutor let Oscar have it!!!!! omg! so much so the judge had -yet again- to stop the proceedings for a while and let Pistorious composed himself.... very, very strong day in court!

Oscar Pistorius tenderly cuddles girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp — in their final photo four days before he shot her dead.
The Paralympics ace, 26, and model Reeva, 29, were all smiles as they cosied up on a sofa in his apartment next to a pet monkey.

Wow!!!! did anybody watch the trial last night? the prosecutor let Oscar have it!!!!! omg! so much so the judge had -yet again- to stop the proceedings for a while and let Pistorious composed himself.... very, very strong day in court!

Oscar Pistorius tenderly cuddles girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp — in their final photo four days before he shot her dead.
The Paralympics ace, 26, and model Reeva, 29, were all smiles as they cosied up on a sofa in his apartment next to a pet monkey.
Where do you watch the trial? I've been trying to find coverage.

I am glad he is getting beat up in there... The guy is a horrible person.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-live-here-oscar-pistorius-murder-trial-april-11th/

Forum List

Back