Bloomberg draws criticism for 2016 remarks about trans rights in Midwest The former New York mayor..

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
..... a Democratic presidential candidate, referred to "some man wearing a dress."

Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg, who recently rolled out his LGBTQ platform, is facing criticism after a 2016 video re-emerged this week, showing him using the term "man in a dress" to describe a hypothetical transgender woman.

In the clip, which was recorded at an event at the University of Oxford in Oxford, England, on Dec. 8, 2016, Bloomberg discusses the challenge of appealing to people on the opposite side of a political divide, in this case, Brexit.

Bloomberg said the division between people like him and attendees at the Oxford event, whom he described as "the intelligentsia" and "the vast bulk of people," was a divergence over "equality and protecting individual rights that make no sense to the vast bulk of people."

"They are not opposed to you having some rights, but there's a fundamental disconnect between us believing the rights of the individual come first and the general belief around the world, I think it's fair to say, that the rights of society comes first," Bloomberg continued.

"If you want to know if somebody is a good salesman, give him the job of going to the Midwest and picking a town and selling to that town the concept that some man wearing a dress should be in a locker room with their daughter," Bloomberg said. "If you can sell that, you can sell anything. They just look at you and they say, 'What on Earth are you talking about?'"

A Bloomberg campaign spokesperson pointed out in a statement Thursday that as mayor of New York, Bloomberg signed a gender identity nondiscrimination bill in 2002.

"Mike is running to defeat Donald Trump and reverse the many policies he has implemented that attack the rights of the transgender community," the spokesperson said.

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...

------------

The Democrats' past flashes of common sense now get them in the trouble with the "progressives".

His framing of the issue as the rights of the individual vs. society is wrong. I support the rights of indvidual girls and women to not to have to disrobe in front of men, and the rights of boys and men to not disrobe in front of women. I don't want children with gender dysphoria to have their bodies mutilated and the possibility of a normal life foreclosed.

Holy shot tonight's the dem debate will be warren and butt plug crying to blacks

Mike will put big gay ice cream and a dick in his mouth ...while standing on a box

Sniffle I feel the undocumented will get lost in the shuffle .

Wait until freedom loving middle Americans learn that he BANNED soda in NY....that will be his doom.....if you will ban soft drinks you will ban anything.....like guns and trucks and NASCAR and beef and tacos and chips and candy and popcorn and talk radio and smoking and drinking.....etc

Holy shot tonight's the dem debate will be warren and butt plug crying to blacks

Mike will put big gay ice cream and a dick in his mouth ...while standing on a box

I was going to watch the debate on ABC, but it conflicted with something far more important:

Old reruns of 'Roseanne.'

I was going to watch the debate on ABC, but it conflicted with something far more important:

Old reruns of 'Roseanne.'
Plus it starts at Beer 30.....

Forum List

Back