🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bloomberg to take on NRA-FAIL

Sooner this dude takes a dirt nap the better we'll all be for it. Pass any further infringements and we likely will not allow them to stand.

Think Nevada on a much, much larger scale.

-Geaux

Michael Bloomberg Is Starting A Gun Control Organization To Take On The NRA

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA’s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization’s. “We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

Good man himself.

He's a clucking d-bag in my book.

-Geaux

We are all entitled to our own opinions.

Sooner this dude takes a dirt nap the better we'll all be for it. Pass any further infringements and we likely will not allow them to stand.

-Geaux

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA’s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization’s. “We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

speaking of New York

a million folks missed the last day of mandatory registration

of their "assault" weapons

which came and went on 4/15/14

--LOL

Indeed- And what I point out to the weak and dependent left, is Nevada was just a dry run. When one puts in perspective the fact that Michigan alone sold over 1 million hunting licenses in 2012 speaks volumes.

If the government continues down the path it's on, there will be a gatherings at Little Big Horn, Vicksburg and Concord etc, that will make the Nevada scene look like child's play

-Geaux

What the hell does hunting licenses have to do with you gun nuts? The stupid military weapons are not legal for hunting in most states, and many hunters, like myself, have nothing but contempt for you whacked out idiots. Besides that, given the attitude toward the law and common decency displaced by the whackaloons, most of you probably poach the game, and only take the backstraps, leaving the rest to rot.

Bring it Bloomberg! A fool and his money are soon parted. Can't think of many other people I'd rather watch flush his money down the toilet. The man is a joke.

“We are fortunate in California to have the first and only system in the nation that tracks and identifies individuals who at one time made legal purchases of firearms but are now barred from possessing them,” Leno said in a statement. “However, due to a lack of resources, only a few of these illegally possessed weapons have been confiscated, and the mountain of firearms continues to grow each day."

California Gun Confiscation Bill Passes, Approves $24 Million To Expedite Illegal Gun Seizure

Bloomberg is taking a pretty big bite there.
Do you realize the NRA managed to kill a bill (universal background checks) that had 80% approval among Americans.

No matter where you stand on the issue - you have to be impressed at the power they wield.

Do you realize the NRA managed to kill a bill (universal background checks) that had 80% approval among Americans.

No matter where you stand on the issue - you have to be impressed at the power they wield.

Very true

The NRA didn't even blink after Sandy Hook

Very true

Or after any other example of why we need universal background checks. And it's not about the talking points. Polls clearly demonstrate that Americans weren't buying into the slippery slope (first background checks - then a match to the Second Amendment) argument. 80% favored background checks. 53% of Republican men supported background checks.

The NRA's power to kill that bill is clearly about the stranglehold they have on lawmakers. The term "in the pocket" comes to mind. Legislative victories like this and the Tiahardt Amendments demonstrate that lawmakers would rather piss off their constituents than the NRA.

I would love to see a more balanced situation and maybe Bloomberg can have some success. But I'm not holding my breath.

Very true

Or after any other example of why we need universal background checks. And it's not about the talking points. Polls clearly demonstrate that Americans weren't buying into the slippery slope (first background checks - then a match to the Second Amendment) argument. 80% favored background checks. 53% of Republican men supported background checks.

The NRA's power to kill that bill is clearly about the stranglehold they have on lawmakers. The term "in the pocket" comes to mind. Legislative victories like this and the Tiahardt Amendments demonstrate that lawmakers would rather piss off their constituents than the NRA.

I would love to see a more balanced situation and maybe Bloomberg can have some success. But I'm not holding my breath.

And that is where Bloomberg will come up short.

He can match the NRA dollar for dollar, but he doesn't have the political clout of the NRA or the fear mongering of....They want to take your guns!

-Geaux

I agree we need to expand background checks. I'll join.

History has proven

Background checks=registration=confiscation

-Geaux

Only in your weak head.

“We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it."

The only way to put up with the real gun nuts. They understand fear.

Very true

He can match the NRA dollar for dollar, but he doesn't have the political clout of the NRA or the fear mongering of....They want to take your guns!

That of course is exactly what Bloomberg wants to do. To believe otherwise is a head buried in the sand mentality

-Geaux

That of course is exactly what Bloomberg wants to do. To believe otherwise is a head buried in the sand mentality

-Geaux

If I were you, I would start stocking up

You can't be too safe

I agree we need to expand background checks. I'll join.

History has proven

Background checks=registration=confiscation

-Geaux

Only in your weak head.

c2378932-b6db-4516-887e-5d9c8d9450c4.jpg

INDIANS-TURN-IN-YOUR-WEAPOINS-GOV-WILL-TAKE-CARE-OF-YOU-1.jpg

gun-confiscation.jpg

rape-kit-cartoon.jpg

Native Americans? Germans did not confiscate weapons.

Geaux, you can never win this battle because no one wants to confiscate your weapon.

But brandishing it wildly at the wrong time can have forever consequences.

The NRA should be declared a terrorist organization. That would clear things up.

Native Americans? Germans did not confiscate weapons.

Geaux, you can never win this battle because no one wants to confiscate your weapon.

But brandishing it wildly at the wrong time can have forever consequences.

Keep telling yourself that. I'm down

-Geaux

A 1percenter trying to have even more control over me? Thank God for the NRA and that thing called the constitution. The best thing about this retarded effort is that it will hurt the politicians that go along with it. If they are in a uber liberal area they will win anyway, if in a moderate area, people will vote against them. The libs had all but dropped the gun issue in politics because they know the mood of Americans aren't with them. Things like the Bundy Ranch standoff serve to remind them how important it is to keep government in check.

Forum List

Back