🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bloomberg to take on NRA-FAIL

A 1percenter trying to have even more control over me? Thank God for the NRA and that thing called the constitution. The best thing about this retarded effort is that it will hurt the politicians that go along with it. If they are in a uber liberal area they will win anyway, if in a moderate area, people will vote against them. The libs had all but dropped the gun issue in politics because they know the mood of Americans aren't with them. Things like the Bundy Ranch standoff serve to remind them how important it is to keep government in check.

No offense Iceweasle - but you are wrong about the mood of America.
In October of 2013 polls showed 47% of Americans want more strict gun laws, 37% want to keep the laws as they are and 13% want less strict guns laws.

80% (including 53% of Republican men) favor universal background checks.

I understand that the NRA's success with lawmakers might lead you to believe they are also successful with public opinion. But you'd be wrong.

btw - Wayne Lapierre is the quintessential 1 percenter. You know how much NRA members pay him every year? $895,000. (I have no problem with folks earning what they earn - if NRA members feel he is worth it, then I really have no dog in that fight. Who cares? But since the 1% thing seems important to you, I thought you should know.)

Last edited:
Good for him.

The sooner every kiddie face shooting gun nut can't shoot kids in the face?

The better.
Yes any time a rich liberal runs interference for the lefty agenda you people suddenly ignore the "rich guy who doesn't pay his fair share" nonsense.
What a bunch of hypocrites.
Do you really think laws passed to keep firearms away from law abiding citizens is going to have any effect on criminals?
Hey genius. They are CRIMINALS...That means they don't give a shit about laws.
:cuckoo:

History has proven

Background checks=registration=confiscation

-Geaux

Only in your weak head.

c2378932-b6db-4516-887e-5d9c8d9450c4.jpg

INDIANS-TURN-IN-YOUR-WEAPOINS-GOV-WILL-TAKE-CARE-OF-YOU-1.jpg

gun-confiscation.jpg

rape-kit-cartoon.jpg

Wow....Fear Mongering

I hear that can be an effective tactic with gun nuts

Sooner this dude takes a dirt nap the better we'll all be for it. Pass any further infringements and we likely will not allow them to stand.

Think Nevada on a much, much larger scale.

-Geaux

Michael Bloomberg Is Starting A Gun Control Organization To Take On The NRA

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA’s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization’s. “We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

I agree we need to expand background checks. I'll join.

I believe that gun ownership should come with certain prerequisites.
One, background checks. These are already required if one wishes to obtain a handgun permit.
competency testing. For one to own a handgun, I think they should be required to take a safety course and pass an exam. It's common sense.
Yes, there are those who believe the second Amendment suggests unfettered access to any type of firearm, but that just is not true.
I am a supporter of Second Amendment rights. With certain conditions. Common sense dictates that.
We live in a different world now. :mad:

Sooner this dude takes a dirt nap the better we'll all be for it. Pass any further infringements and we likely will not allow them to stand.

-Geaux

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA’s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization’s. “We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

I agree we need to expand background checks. I'll join.

History has proven

Background checks=registration=confiscation

-Geaux

Not sure I agree with that premise.

Yep, look at all these people cheering on that 1%er Bloomingidiot to step even more on our rights and freedoms

they love love love people with money as long as it's used to crush us

Agree or disagree with him, Bloomberg is no dummy.
Maybe the NRA is more vulnerable now.

The latest gun ownership numbers show a significant drop.
The percentage of Americans who own guns is down to 36% - as compared to 51% in 1977. (four straight years of decline)
In the 18 - 29 age group, that number is down to 31%.

I will always defend an individual's right to own a gun. The Second Amendment is very clear to me in that regard.

But, I do favor universal background checks and I am a little disappointed that the NRA has been successful in killing such a non-threatening and universally popular proposition.

The NRA should be declared a terrorist organization. That would clear things up.

A 1percenter trying to have even more control over me? Thank God for the NRA and that thing called the constitution. The best thing about this retarded effort is that it will hurt the politicians that go along with it. If they are in a uber liberal area they will win anyway, if in a moderate area, people will vote against them. The libs had all but dropped the gun issue in politics because they know the mood of Americans aren't with them. Things like the Bundy Ranch standoff serve to remind them how important it is to keep government in check.

In October of 2013 polls showed 47% of Americans want more strict gun laws, 37% want to keep the laws as they are and 13% want less strict guns laws.
Did you go to school? 13 plus 37 equals 50. 50 is larger than 47.

Apart from that the only poll that matters is the voting booth. You can probably find a poll to support anything.
We have that now. Had to pass one every time I bought a gun, even with a carry permit. Cops have to pass as well.
I understand that the NRA's success with lawmakers might lead you to believe they are also successful with public opinion. But you'd be wrong.

btw - Wayne Lapierre is the quintessential 1 percenter. You know how much NRA members pay him every year? $895,000. (I have no problem with folks earning what they earn - if NRA members feel he is worth it, then I really have no dog in that fight. Who cares? But since the 1% thing seems important to you, I thought you should know.)
That's all they are paying him? He's be better off as a congressman. Thank God for men like Wayne who care more about individual liberty than money.

Well, we just saw in Nevada the manner in which these fruitloops intend to use their military type of weapons. Real background checks would probably have eliminated many of those idiots, and a number of the same on this board from owning weapons.

Incorrect.
The Second Amendment was written precisely for that incident in Nevada.
The amendment was written for many reasons. One of those was to permit citizens to keep an oppressive unjust government at bay. It worked.
The federal government had NO RIGHT doing what it did. Federal authorities decided to single out one person. That is a violation of the 14th Amendment's guarantee of equal protection under the law. In other words, the federal government would have to prove it was enforcing the law equally among, in this case , all free range cattle ranchers.
Instead, authorities once again decided to go after the low hanging fruit. They used a technicality, some nonsense about a turtle.
The government backed off only because the confrontation they started was unjust and for reasons of public scrutiny and the fact that the government had no legal leg to stand on, wisely decided to back off.
I realize this hits a nerve with you libs who believe all things begin and end with government. Ya know what? I believe in the rule of law. However, when a law is unjust or unequally applied, the government must be taken to task.
The system worked perfectly.

-Geaux

speaking of New York

a million folks missed the last day of mandatory registration

of their "assault" weapons

which came and went on 4/15/14

--LOL

The short answer is that it's not campaign season. So the libs have other things to do at this time.
My gut feeling is that when Cuomo has to start his reelection campaign, this issue will be back on the front burner.

The amendment was written for many reasons. One of those was to permit citizens to keep an oppressive unjust government at bay. It worked.

Gotta disagree there spoon.

What worked was a freeloading welfare cowboy was able to avoid paying what he owes for a little longer.

Weasel, 84 beats 13. You will eventually loser, particularly as the Millenials get older. They overwhelmingly hate your type.

I believe that gun ownership should come with certain prerequisites.
One, background checks. These are already required if one wishes to obtain a handgun permit.
competency testing. For one to own a handgun, I think they should be required to take a safety course and pass an exam. It's common sense.
Yes, there are those who believe the second Amendment suggests unfettered access to any type of firearm, but that just is not true.
I am a supporter of Second Amendment rights. With certain conditions. Common sense dictates that.
We live in a different world now. :mad:
There are conditions now, "there are some" can be used for anything. Most gun owners aren't demanding nukes, fyi. Passing tests means it become a privelege, like driving. So you can't support the second and demand a test, that makes it no longer a right.

And there is no test here, WA is a shall issue state, where are your piles of innocent bodies to support your view?

We are in a different world, used to be you could order a gun out of a Sears catalog or run down to the hardware store. Libs changed the world now demand more change to fix their fuckups.

Last edited:

-Geaux

I assume you mean dying of natural causes and not at the hands of some gun nut
Do you consider every gun owner a "nut"?

The NRA should be declared a terrorist organization. That would clear things up.

Did you go to school? 13 plus 37 equals 50. 50 is larger than 47.

Apart from that the only poll that matters is the voting booth. You can probably find a poll to support anything.
We have that now. Had to pass one every time I bought a gun, even with a carry permit. Cops have to pass as well.

That's all they are paying him? He's be better off as a congressman. Thank God for men like Wayne who care more about individual liberty than money.

Are you attempting to be insulting with the school thing? Are you aware of what those numbers USED to be?

So the one percent thing only matters to you if you are trying to gig a liberal?

I see.

At least I'm consistent and not hypocritical. I don't care what ANYONE earns (unless it is out of my tax dollar). Making the big bucks is the American Dream. Whether you are a liberal or a conservative or (like most of us) somewhere in between.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back