🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bloomberg to take on NRA-FAIL

History has proven

Background checks=registration=confiscation

-Geaux

We've never had registration or confiscation. If they wanted confiscation they would take them.

By force?
Who is "they"?
Are you sure you are of the level of confidence in the government that you'd want to go down that road?

Ask Jefferson Davis.

I would be standing firmly against any attempt to circumvent the Second Amendment. But if it turned that way, it would be a long and bloody affair. Anyone's guess about who would prevail. Yeah, gun owners have guns - but so does the U.S. military. And they can shoot them while others are shooting at them. But I bet a lot would defect to the gun owners' side.

Weasel, 84 beats 13. You will eventually loser, particularly as the Millenials get older. They overwhelmingly hate your type.
I hate libs but when millenials grow up many will become conservatives. Where do you get 84 from? Adding those that want to keep guns laws the same to those that want more restrictions? Libs love to come up with the numbers they want.

Are you attempting to be insulting with the school thing? Are you aware of what those numbers USED to be?

So the one percent thing only matters to you if you are trying to gig a liberal?

I see.

At least I'm consistent and not hypocritical. I don't care what ANYONE earns (unless it is out of my tax dollar). Making the big bucks is the American Dream. Whether you are a liberal or a conservative or (like most of us) somewhere in between.
Dishonest lib. Wait, that's redundant. The numbers don't make your case so yes I was being insulting. It's simple math. You didn't post what the numbers used to be or even what the numbers actually mean. Exactly what laws were people in favor of changing? States have gotten more liberal (in the true sense of the word) with concealed carry. So the trend is the other way. Why bring up salaries if they don't matter? No, you aren't consistent.

Sooner this dude takes a dirt nap the better we'll all be for it. Pass any further infringements and we likely will not allow them to stand.

Think Nevada on a much, much larger scale.

-Geaux

Michael Bloomberg Is Starting A Gun Control Organization To Take On The NRA

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA’s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization’s. “We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

your irrational attachment to the NRA does not make bloomberg's comments a fail....

that's the problem with wingers... you can't articulate differences of opinion.

which is why no one listens to you who doesn't already agree with you.

A million or so New Yorkers just became criminals rather than submit to registration so now must be the perfect time to push for more gun control.

Never go full retard.

When only criminals have guns I'll be proud to be a criminal.

Exactly what laws were people in favor of changing?

80% favor the Universal background check legislation that was defeated. I posted that earlier.

Why bring up salaries if they don't matter? No, you aren't consistent.

YOU brought up salaries.

Man, do you even know what YOU post?

A million or so New Yorkers just became criminals rather than submit to registration so now must be the perfect time to push for more gun control.

Never go full retard.

When only criminals have guns I'll be proud to be a criminal.

Well since no one is coming for anyone's guns - you'll just have to satisfy yourself with being ashamed of it for now.

Good for him.

The sooner every kiddie face shooting gun nut can't shoot kids in the face?

The better.

You don't think it strange that an uber wealthy guy who's protected by guys with guns wants to take that right away from you?

Remember this simple adage, when guns are outlawed only the RICH will have guns. Just imagine how fun that world will be when your Occupy people get to go up against the wealthy elitists armed with broomsticks.

Gun control is the ultimate class warfare. The rich will have them and the peons will be at their mercy.

What stupid, stupid people you all are.

We've never had registration or confiscation. If they wanted confiscation they would take them.

How do you take something from someone if you don't know they have that something?

You've registered your car - has the government come for it?

Your argument is logical swiss cheese man.

That's absurd... there's no "anti-car" movement (yet) in this country.... there certainly is an "anti-gun" movement.

Your argument is logical feces man.

I always get a kick out of this.

Good Luck, Mike.

He is also starting a soft drink company that only sells 2 ounce cans of Soda. :lol:

Coke and Pepsi are quaking in their boots as much as the NRA is.

Last edited:
Exactly what laws were people in favor of changing?

80% favor the Universal background check legislation that was defeated. I posted that earlier.

Why bring up salaries if they don't matter? No, you aren't consistent.

YOU brought up salaries.

Man, do you even know what YOU post?
We have background checks now, I posted it earlier. You brought up Wayne's salary to make some kind of point. Read your posts.

Wait, I thought those on the left hated billionaires (or the 1%) creating policies just by throwing money at the political system?

Oh, I get it. As long as it supports tyrannical causes you support, it is just fine and dandy.

Sooner this dude takes a dirt nap the better we'll all be for it. Pass any further infringements and we likely will not allow them to stand.

-Geaux

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA’s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization’s. “We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

This stupid shit really thinks he can counter the NRA?
Yeah...good luck with that Bloomie!

Well, we just saw in Nevada the manner in which these fruitloops intend to use their military type of weapons. Real background checks would probably have eliminated many of those idiots, and a number of the same on this board from owning weapons.

Meanwhile, there are probably a few thousand government-employed fruitloops among the hundreds of thousands of government employees who have access to military-style guns. Like the felons who work for the TSA and both Fort Hood shooters.

-Geaux

This stupid shit really thinks he can counter the NRA?
Yeah...good luck with that Bloomie!

That was my first reaction too.

But after looking at the numbers and the trends, I think the NRA may be more vulnerable now than in decades. That's still a relative term and it's still a HUGE bite to take on.

Bloomberg is taking a pretty big bite there.
Do you realize the NRA managed to kill a bill (universal background checks) that had 80% approval among Americans.

No matter where you stand on the issue - you have to be impressed at the power they wield.

And was probably instrumental in dethroning 3 Colorado Dumbocrats.

Forum List

Back