Bob Dole Trashes GOP, Says They Need A Sign That Reads "Closed For Repairs"

I remember the key moment of Bob's campaign in 1996 is when he desperately was trying to get attention by resigning his Senate Seat to concentrate on his presidential campaign.

He then did a long speech in the Senate about all the legislation he sponsored or helped to get passed.

Which made me think at the time he didn't understand which party he was running for.

Now, if you accept government is the problem and not the solution, Bob Dole has no place. Nor do Nixon, Ford, Ike.

If you think government should be smaller, more effective, more efficient, that's the GOP I joined. The one that thinks that government is just out there keeping the wealthy from doing their goodness to us by lowering our wages and cheating us, as long as they are right with Jesus, then, yeah, that GOP is too crazy for most people.

Dole did not say that about the GOP. He said it about the entire Senate, since he was a former Senator.

It does not surprise me that the Democrats find they must lie about what Dole said in an attempt to make the GOP look bad. Lying is the only way the Dems can look viable at all.

Dole is talking about deStarkifying the Republican party and hes correct

Republican moderates could not win a national election if they ran uncontested

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dole did not say that about the GOP. He said it about the entire Senate, since he was a former Senator.

It does not surprise me that the Democrats find they must lie about what Dole said in an attempt to make the GOP look bad. Lying is the only way the Dems can look viable at all.

Yes he did, and that Reagan would not be even considered a candidate today because the GOP have turned into a group of radical right wing, america hating pieces of shit like you.

The difference between citizen Dole and the Senator from Archer-Daniels-Midland is, citizen Dole has more dough than he can spend and-----and he no longer has to kowtow to the plutocracy that he was so instrumental in helping-----helping in the corporate takeover of American politics.

He's saying the opposite. Dole is stating that the GOP has gone so far off the charts to the right, that even Reagan wouldn't be accepted in the party today.

He's saying the opposite. Dole is stating that the GOP has gone so far off the charts to the right, that even Reagan wouldn't be accepted in the party today.

Really? Juan McCain and Mitt Romney were further to the right of Reagan?

Is that what he said?

Is that what he said?

Shit Label knows 1) Bob Dole is a Republican. 2) Bob Dole criticized the GOP. Therefore Bob Dole must be a great guy who agrees with everything Shit Label believes.
He's shallow that way.

Is that what he said?

They had to run to the far crazy right to get the nominations. And then became unelectable in the general election.

mitt-romney-etch-a-sketch.jpg

I must say that as a far left liberal, all this in-fighting in the GOP over whether to go crazy right or moderate is sure fun to watch.

I must say that as a far left liberal, all this in-fighting in the GOP over whether to go crazy right or moderate is sure fun to watch.

Enjoy it. Because it represents something absent from the Democratic Party: real debate. Once there is an accomodation and settlement reached the GOP will tear the Dems limb from limb in every election. The Dems are reduced to sheep, repeating the same talking points and tired policy objectives that have failed for 100 years.

Enjoy it. Because it represents something absent from the Democratic Party: real debate. Once there is an accomodation and settlement reached the GOP will tear the Dems limb from limb in every election. The Dems are reduced to sheep, repeating the same talking points and tired policy objectives that have failed for 100 years.

Kind of delusional, aren't you?

The GOP has only won one popular vote for president out of the last six... and in that case, they had every advantage going for them.

The GOP has alienated women, minorities, working people... that's what it needs to fix. And it won't fix that by appealling more to the people who were already going to vote for them.

The Democrats had the same problem in the 1980's. It doubled down on the left with Mondale and Dukakis. They didn't turn their fortunes around until Bill Clinton had the good sense to move the party to the center.

Actually there’s a lot of sanity in the GOP, it’s just cowering in the corner fearful of being primaried.

Bingo.

Dole comes from a time when "cooperation" was not confused with "capitulation". Republicans weren't afraid to work with Democrats (and vice versa) because they understood that the other party was not the "enemy".

Act like a civil, mature, reasonable adult in DC now and you'll be primaried by a rootin' tootin' caricature endorsed by Palin or Bachmann who will paralyze the process even more.

Dole has to hate seeing this. In that interview, he also said that Reagan wouldn't have made it in today's GOP. Correct.

Oh please. There hasn't been debate since the Teabaggers arrived on scene. Their idea of debate is "just say no". Well, to quote Monty Python, that's a contradiction not an argument.

As to talking points and failed objectives...that sounds like classic projection. Which party has won the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections? Do you honestly believe that was because your party wasn't far right enough?

Actually there’s a lot of sanity in the GOP, it’s just cowering in the corner fearful of being primaried.

Bingo.

Dole comes from a time when "cooperation" was not confused with "capitulation".
Republicans weren't afraid to work with Democrats (and vice versa) because they understood that the other party was not the "enemy".

Like hell....The GOP has been capitulating since at least Eisenhower.....It was the only way they could get tee times and invited to the cocktail circuit.

Oh please. There hasn't been debate since the Teabaggers arrived on scene. Their idea of debate is "just say no". Well, to quote Monty Python, that's a contradiction not an argument.

As to talking points and failed objectives...that sounds like classic projection. Which party has won the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections? Do you honestly believe that was because your party wasn't far right enough?

Which party holds the majority of governorships and state houses?

Forum List

Back