Boehner plans to file suit against Obama over alleged abuse of executive power

Mojo2

Gold Member
Oct 28, 2013
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Boehner plans to file suit against Obama over alleged abuse of executive power

Published June 25, 2014 FoxNews.com

House Speaker John Boehner announced Wednesday he plans to file suit against President Obama over his alleged abuse of executive power.

"This is not about impeachment -- it's about him faithfully executing the laws of this country," Boehner said.

The speaker alleged that the president not only has ignored the law but "brags about it," decrying what he described as "arrogance and incompetence."

Boehner had been weighing such a lawsuit in recent days, over concerns that Obama exceeded his constitutional authority with executive actions. Republicans have voiced frustration with Obama's second-term "pen and phone" strategy of pursuing policy changes without Congress -- particularly environmental rules via the Environmental Protection Agency. Republicans also complained about numerous unilateral changes to the implementation of ObamaCare.

The lawsuit has not yet been filed. But asked Wednesday whether he intended to proceed, Boehner said: "I am."

"My view is the president has not faithfully executed the laws," he said. "What we have seen clearly over the last five years is an effort to erode the power of the Legislative Branch."

The decision to sue still would have to be formally approved by a group of House leaders. Presuming that step is cleared, the suit is expected to be filed in a few weeks.

The plaintiff would be the House of Representatives.

Ahead of Boehner's announcement, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi ridiculed the prospect of a suit against the president.

"I make of it as subterfuge," she said. "They're doing nothing here. So they have to give some aura of activity."

Pelosi said the Republican caucus needs an "adult in that room."

Boehner plans to file suit against Obama over alleged abuse of executive power | Fox News

Looks like Boehner wants to get this ball rolling against Obama.

At this point in time, only moments after just hearing it on the radio news at the top of the hour, I'm thinking this is somewhat likened to The Doolittle Raid on Tokyo in the early stage of the Pacific War in WWII when the US was looking to strike back against japan after being surprised at Pearl Harbor only weeks before.

Boehner seems to be looking to do SOMETHING to stop Obama's own personal assault on America and our way of life and our government and economic system.

Before the 2014 election.

Kudos!

Last edited:
Maybe it is an election year "stunt", but Obama's actions have invited it.

What other recourse does congress have when the Executive branch oversteps its bounds? Impeachment is way to severe, and would never pass the senate anyway.

have they? which ones? be specific. show us the executive order or memorandum. each will contain a citation of the law that grants the power to take action, so you should have no problem proving the actions are outside the scope of the law.

and i submit that if boehner were serious he would have done this months ago so that a ruling could be reached before the elections. he would have done so if he thought he would win.

but he knows he won't.

Last edited:
Got to try something to stop the downward trend of the United States.

Best part: We don't know what exactly we're going to sue him over, but dammit, we're going to sue his ass, sue his ass good.

Over something.

Once we figger something out.

Best part: We don't know what exactly we're going to sue him over, but dammit, we're going to sue his ass, sue his ass good.

Over something.

no shit. if this was more than a stunt boehner would be able to cite exactly what he was going to sue over.

has he done that?

John is being a boner on this on his own.

He can file all the suits he wants. They will go no where.

He is firing up our base because he still does not believe that we can still win even if we don't reach out to women, Hispanics, and other minorities.

Last edited:

Over something.

YOU may not know but the lawyers have it all figured out.

Over something.

YOU may not know but the lawyers have it all figured out.

you really believe that? that for some reason they're keeping a club to beat the president with super-secret because... why?

Over something.

Kind of like we can find out what's in the healthcare law AFTER we pass it?

have they? which ones? be specific. show us the executive order or memorandum. each will contain a citation of the law that grants the power to take action, so you should have no problem proving the actions are outside the scope of the law.

and i submit that if boehner were serious he would have done this months ago so that a ruling could be reached before the elections. he would have done so if he thought he would win.

but he knows he won't.

No takers, I see. Nothing stops an argument like asking for facts.

I hope obama gets sued, those millions he got, he didn't build anything for that. Heck he didn't even write the books.

Forum List

Back