Boise overrun by rental goats

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Yes, you heard it correctly. Kids these days ... they will literally eat ANYTHING :)

As the sun rose over Idaho on Friday, residents of suburban West Boise awoke to find some noisy new neighbors horning in on their yards: goats. A teeming host of hungry, grunting goats.

Local reporter Joe Parris got the scoop, tweeting a photo of the horde on hooves. They were unsupervised — no handlers, no herding dogs, not even a nanny.

They had been rented to chow down on the lawn on a nearby retention pond when they broke free, tasting freedom — as well as a large quantity of grass, bushes and once-manicured gardens that weren't part of their assignment. Even Animal Control officers couldn't rein in all those unruly kids.

But eventually their rampage ended.

The company responsible for them — named We Rent Goats, naturally — managed to get its goats wrangled and rounded up into trucks.​

Kids These Days: Unruly Goats Graze Hell Across Suburban Boise

Yes, you heard it correctly. Kids these days ... they will literally eat ANYTHING :)

As the sun rose over Idaho on Friday, residents of suburban West Boise awoke to find some noisy new neighbors horning in on their yards: goats. A teeming host of hungry, grunting goats.

Local reporter Joe Parris got the scoop, tweeting a photo of the horde on hooves. They were unsupervised — no handlers, no herding dogs, not even a nanny.

They had been rented to chow down on the lawn on a nearby retention pond when they broke free, tasting freedom — as well as a large quantity of grass, bushes and once-manicured gardens that weren't part of their assignment. Even Animal Control officers couldn't rein in all those unruly kids.

The company responsible for them — named We Rent Goats, naturally — managed to get its goats wrangled and rounded up into trucks.​

Goats in suburbia is just as good as goat cheese...and not as stupid as Goat Yoga.

Goat Yoga is sooooo 2018.

For a moment I thought a lot of Muslims had moved there.

Appropriate music for the thread - Goat Rodeo Sessions.
If you've never seen Chris Thile play the mandolin, you'd be in for a treat (probably best in the world right now).
And tell me the violin player don't look a bit like good ol' Reince Priebus :D

Seemed like a good idea at the time

Lol ya - The kids looked like they were having a blast but there were probably a few unhappy adults.

These people probably weren't real happy - Video of a goat eating their rose bushes and trees. They gotta have mouths of steel!

Lol ya - The kids looked like they were having a blast but there were probably a few unhappy adults.

These people probably weren't real happy - Video of a goat eating their rose bushes and trees. They gotta have mouths of steel!

Egads! ... they are eating everything....they are probably owned by Bernie Sanders...

hahaha

Idaho is such a funny place.

My sister had a couple of goats at her house for a few years when she was stationed at Fort Bragg so she wouldn't have to mow her backyard. Her dog would go outside and chase them around until one day one of them turned around and head butted the dog. He left them alone after that :10:

Goats in suburbia is just as good as goat cheese...and not as stupid as Goat Yoga.

I'd do it once - Looks kind of relaxing :wink:

The whole thing that gets me is the bodily functions happening on your back, to be honest! Yeesh

Clearly you have not had 15-20 pound baby goats walking around on your back
Life is an adventure - BE ADVENTUROUS!!. ;)

Would this qualify? At the elem. school where I teach, we had a fundraiser and for five dollars, the kids could SLIME their teacher.

I got slimed. Um, those little kiddies (the human ones heh) do NOT have great aim. And the slime was instant pudding and water. I was a walking diabetic coma......

But slime is better than goat pee!!

Thanks for the link to the video. It supplied a lot of missing detail from what the wife was able to tell me as she brought me my coffee this morning. She was also cracking up as she passed along news that almond milk was being recalled because it might contain milk.

Thanks for the link to the video. It supplied a lot of missing detail from what the wife was able to tell me as she brought me my coffee this morning. She was also cracking up as she passed along news that almond milk was being recalled because it might contain milk.

Yeah, I had no idea there was a goat rental business here in Boise. Totally makes sense though. We have a lot of homes up in the foothills that this time of year, are surrounded by pretty dry grass and brush. Let those babies loose and problem alleviated!

Fox News had the goat rental biz owners on this morning - they seem like nice people, but I can't help but wonder if some of the residents who had damage to roses, shrubs & trees and such may start a class action suit. Hope not - it's kind of a feel-good story that made all the kids smile. Leave it at that.

I'd do it once - Looks kind of relaxing :wink:

The whole thing that gets me is the bodily functions happening on your back, to be honest! Yeesh

Clearly you have not had 15-20 pound baby goats walking around on your back
Life is an adventure - BE ADVENTUROUS!!. ;)

Would this qualify? At the elem. school where I teach, we had a fundraiser and for five dollars, the kids could SLIME their teacher.

I got slimed. Um, those little kiddies (the human ones heh) do NOT have great aim. And the slime was instant pudding and water. I was a walking diabetic coma......

But slime is better than goat pee!!

I remember as a kid in elementary school we had a Halloween Carnival each year that had all kinds of fun stuff among which was a dunking booth. I threw a perfect strike and got our principle once - didn't like him a whole lot, so it was quite satisfying :)

Forum List

Back