Bomani Jones wears "Caucasians" Shirt and the Internet goes NUTS! Proving his point.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-08-at-5.24.56-PM.png

This dude went on ESPN and wore this shirt and the Internet, Twitter, Social media went bananas and they never realized that their reaction makes the point in itself

FTA:

They were designed by Trey Kirby, a self-proclaimed lifelong Indians fan, who told Cleveland.com back in 2014 that he even wears the shirt to games.

"I came up with the shirt to raise a point, but in a disarming way," Kirby said. "I didn't mean any spite by it."
Regardless, you can always count on the Internet to miss the point. Soon after Jones appeared on ESPN, his mentions filled up with people crying race bait and reverse racism. What if a white journalist wore a shirt that said 'African-Americans'? What then? I'M the reasonable one here. YOU'RE the racist.

If you'll look out of the passenger side window, you'll see that we've arrived at a teachable moment.

No one likes having a mirror held up to their imperfections, but it's, you know, a necessary part of growing. If you're using the term "race bait," chances are you don't like change and bruise too easily. Also, stop calling it a "race card." It's not a game.

Moving past the special brand of delusion it takes to call the person wearing the shirt critiquing racism "racist," the concept of "reverse racism" is stupid because the reverse of racism would just be fairness. Also, people of color can undeniably be prejudiced, but racism is the sum of prejudice and power, which people of color generally don't have.

So, maybe instead of getting upset about the $22 Jones spent on that shirt, worry about the millions (billions?) the Cleveland Indians, Florida StateSeminoles, and the Washington Redskins have all made off of appropriating Native American iconography and perpetuating harmful tropes.

anvil__black_mockup_4_1024x1024.png

Get Yours Today!!
As a Viking I love all the Viking teams.
As a Cherokee my wife loves all of the Indian named teams.

Takes a really pathetic pansy child to get offended.
You`re not a Viking and your wife isn`t an Indian. Why do teabaggers lie so much?

How do you know he and his wife aren't Indian or Nordic????

If they IDENTIFY as that....you must respect it.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-08-at-5.24.56-PM.png

This dude went on ESPN and wore this shirt and the Internet, Twitter, Social media went bananas and they never realized that their reaction makes the point in itself

FTA:

They were designed by Trey Kirby, a self-proclaimed lifelong Indians fan, who told Cleveland.com back in 2014 that he even wears the shirt to games.

"I came up with the shirt to raise a point, but in a disarming way," Kirby said. "I didn't mean any spite by it."
Regardless, you can always count on the Internet to miss the point. Soon after Jones appeared on ESPN, his mentions filled up with people crying race bait and reverse racism. What if a white journalist wore a shirt that said 'African-Americans'? What then? I'M the reasonable one here. YOU'RE the racist.

If you'll look out of the passenger side window, you'll see that we've arrived at a teachable moment.

No one likes having a mirror held up to their imperfections, but it's, you know, a necessary part of growing. If you're using the term "race bait," chances are you don't like change and bruise too easily. Also, stop calling it a "race card." It's not a game.

Moving past the special brand of delusion it takes to call the person wearing the shirt critiquing racism "racist," the concept of "reverse racism" is stupid because the reverse of racism would just be fairness. Also, people of color can undeniably be prejudiced, but racism is the sum of prejudice and power, which people of color generally don't have.

So, maybe instead of getting upset about the $22 Jones spent on that shirt, worry about the millions (billions?) the Cleveland Indians, Florida StateSeminoles, and the Washington Redskins have all made off of appropriating Native American iconography and perpetuating harmful tropes.

anvil__black_mockup_4_1024x1024.png

Get Yours Today!!
As a Viking I love all the Viking teams.
As a Cherokee my wife loves all of the Indian named teams.

Takes a really pathetic pansy child to get offended.
You`re not a Viking and your wife isn`t an Indian. Why do teabaggers lie so much?

How do you know he and his wife aren't Indian or Nordic????

If they IDENTIFY as that....you must respect it.

The wife checks in

Forum List

Back