Book of Mormon a bunch of crap?

Mormonism is a lot more creative than the bible. It’s a great example of the evolution of fiction literature over the centuries.

so you disagree that religions that predate the abrahamic religions didnt actually pre-date them? Or what? Can you be specific?
There is only one "Abrahamic religion". The One True Living God made a covenant with Abraham. Christians are "complete" Jews. Islam isn't an Abrahamic religion.

Yes it is, and I do not consider myself a completed jew.
Show me how Islam is from Abraham.
Their religion is based on him and his descendents. They even believe in Jesus. Not all of the stories about him, but him nonetheless.
There isn't any mention of Islam in the Scriptures. However, there are prophecies that the Messiah will come through Abraham. Islam is an invention of Mohammed.
Because islam happened AFTER...

Mohammed took a little of this and a little of that and invented a new religion. Muslims say they believe Jesus was a Prophet. The Scripture states in the NT that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and God in the flesh. Muslims don't believe that.

There is only one "Abrahamic religion". The One True Living God made a covenant with Abraham. Christians are "complete" Jews. Islam isn't an Abrahamic religion.

Their religion is based on him and his descendents. They even believe in Jesus. Not all of the stories about him, but him nonetheless.
There isn't any mention of Islam in the Scriptures. However, there are prophecies that the Messiah will come through Abraham. Islam is an invention of Mohammed.
So did Jesus, and there are prophecies pointing to Jesus the Christians believe. The Muslims can't point to any prophecies of Mohammed.

So did Jesus, and there are prophecies pointing to Jesus the Christians believe. The Muslims can't point to any prophecies of Mohammed.
Jesus came after christianity? Or after the Jews? lol

BTW, there are prophecies. Like the battle of badr, Jerusalem being conquered after he died, conquest of Persia etc

Jesus came after Abraham. Actually Jesus always was, he is eternal. Ever read the part in the NT where Jesus says...."Before Abrhams was, I Am. However, he came to earth as a human. As the Messiah, he was prophesied to come in Genesis. He made appearances in the Old Testament. Abraham saw him. He talked to Moses. He appeared to Daniel. No mention of Mohammed. No mention of Islam. Christianity really isn't a new separate religion. Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism. The first Christians were all Jews. The New Testament was written by Jews. The disciples of Jesus were all Jews. There are many Jews that are Christians today. I even know of a Christian Rabbi that teaches how the OT festivals and symbols point to Jesus. No mention of Islam.

BTW, there are prophecies. Like the battle of badr, Jerusalem being conquered after he died, conquest of Persia etc
Give me the Scripture reference.

Jesus came after Abraham. Actually Jesus always was, he is eternal. Ever read the part in the NT where Jesus says...."Before Abrhams was, I Am. However, he came to earth as a human. As the Messiah, he was prophesied to come in Genesis. He made appearances in the Old Testament. Abraham saw him. He talked to Moses. He appeared to Daniel. No mention of Mohammed. No mention of Islam. Christianity really isn't a new separate religion. Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism. The first Christians were all Jews. The New Testament was written by Jews. The disciples of Jesus were all Jews. There are many Jews that are Christians today. I even know of a Christian Rabbi that teaches how the OT festivals and symbols point to Jesus. No mention of Islam.
Because Islam came AFTER christianity so why would they mention it? Look, idk if you realize what makes judaism and christianity abrahamic religions, but you need to find out.
95% of Jews dont believe Jesus to be the Messiah in their Holy book. Mostly because he didnt fulfill the prophecy. But you can CLAIM that he is the one all you want LOL

Just google it man. Read all about it.

I think we need to start a gofundme so TN can be sent to seminary and learn something about the Bible. He's obviously into it. I think the world will be served if we actually educate him about it.
Still waiting on what you disagree with.
I disagree with everything you say about the bible.
So nothing specific about this thread, just wanted to come and spread your bitchiness and ad hominem.. as usual, you say? lol

Because Islam came AFTER christianity so why would they mention it? Look, idk if you realize what makes judaism and christianity abrahamic religions, but you need to find out.
95% of Jews dont believe Jesus to be the Messiah in their Holy book. Mostly because he didnt fulfill the prophecy. But you can CLAIM that he is the one all you want LOL
Yes, I understand many Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah. However, their Scriptures do prophesy a Messiah that will come. We can agree on that. That's not disputed. Can we also agree that there is no mention of Islam and it's prophet Mohammed.

Is it in the Bible?

Yes, I understand many Jews don't believe Jesus is the Messiah. However, their Scriptures do prophesy a Messiah that will come. We can agree on that. That's not disputed. Can we also agree that there is no mention of Islam and it's prophet Mohammed.
Of course they say that. Its a prophecy. One that Jesus OBVIOUSLY didnt fulfill. So why say Judaism mentions Jesus? Especially him as a person, so why would you expect christianity to when islam happened 500 years or so after?

Is it in the Bible?
Why would islamic scripture be in the bible? oh man..

Of course they say that. Its a prophecy. One that Jesus OBVIOUSLY didnt fulfill. So why say Judaism mentions Jesus? Especially him as a person, so why would you expect christianity to when islam happened 500 years or so after?
According to the NT, Jesus fulfilled every OT prophecy pointing to the Messiah. My point is this: Whether you believe Jesus is the Messiah or not, OT prophecy speaks of a Messiah. Once again, there is absolutely nothing in the OT or NT pointing to Islam or Mohammed.

Is it in the Bible?
Okay, then why would Islam claim to be an Abrahamic religion? Thanks for proving my point.

According to the NT, Jesus fulfilled every OT prophecy pointing to the Messiah. My point is this: Whether you believe Jesus is the Messiah or not, OT prophecy speaks of a Messiah. Once again, there is absolutely nothing in the OT or NT pointing to Islam or Mohammed.
There is nothing pointing to jesus either.
I will say this one more time. Islam started 500 years after christianity. Do you understand that?
According to Judaism, their messiah is supposed to be a MAN, he is supposed to be a descendant of King David nor did the messianic age happen.
No one spoke of JEsus until he was birthed. So please, stop using that ridiculous argument. As you can clearly see, you are hurting your own cause with that logic.

Is it in the Bible?
Okay, then why would Islam claim to be an Abrahamic religion? Thanks for proving my point.
As i said earlier, i dont think you understand what an "abrahamic religion" actually is...
Here let me learn you something : Abrahamic religions emphasize and trace their common origin to the tribal patriarch Abraham or recognizing a spiritual tradition identified with him. Which, BTW, Islam does. Muhammad is a descendant of Ishmael, which is abrahams son.

Forum List

Back