🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Boston Cops To Have GPS Installed In Patrol Cars;...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Suddenly Not Such Big Fans Of Big Brother Tactics?

I'll leave it to you to insert your sardonic observations about police hypocrisy and related matters in the comments below.

The obligatory excerpt:

Boston police officers wary of GPS for cruisers. Fear too much scrutiny of police under city’s plan.

The pending use of GPS tracking devices, slated to be installed in Boston police cruisers, has many officers worried that commanders will monitor their every move while supervisors insist the system will improve their response to emergencies.

The change, a result of contract negotiations between the city and the patrol officers union, puts Boston in league with small-town departments across the state and big-city agencies across the country that have installed global positioning systems in cruisers.

Boston police administrators say the system gives dispatchers the ability to see where officers are, rather than wait for a radio response. Using GPS, they say, accelerates their response to a call for a shooting or an armed robbery.

The addition of GPS, which still needs City Council approval of the arbitration award package that resulted from the negotiations, is the most dramatic change from the new contract facing officers as the department begins a new level of scrutiny. Another change: Cameras equipped in district booking stations would record officers and preserve film of their bookings of suspects.

The GPS devices have stirred the most anxiety.

“We’ll be moving forward as quickly as possible,” Edward F. Davis said in an interview shortly before he resigned as police commissioner Nov. 1. “There are an enormous amount of benefits. . . . This is clearly an important enhancement and should lead to further reductions in crime.”

An officer in trouble is also likely to get help faster if commanders know exactly where he or she is.

“If an officer calls for help, we’ll know the cars that are closest to them,” Davis said.

But some officers said they worry that under such a system they will have to explain their every move and possibly compromise their ability to court street sources...

Read More:
Bahaha. Boston Cops to Have GPS Installed in Patrol Cars; Suddenly Not Such Big Fans of Big Brother Tactics | Peace . Gold . LOVE

My company tracks me now through the IPhone they gave us.
People I have crossed paths with like electricians,plumbers,air conditioning techs on and on
have GPS installed on the company vehicles they drive.

Companies want to know where their employees are while they are on the clock...
It's the way it is these days.

People I have crossed paths with like electricians,plumbers,air conditioning techs on and on

Yup, and one day your Employer and Government will claim the right to track you off the clock as well. What a wonderful future ay?

It is pretty humorous and ironic that Police would be whining about this.

Last edited:

I find it hilarious how OBSESSED you are with cops. Its every day here with you.

But, if you had worked a single month as a cop, you'd know why some don't like this. Many don't care, because there are good reasons.

But, most cops "10-25", which means they meet up and park side by side. And, when it's slow out, or it's 3am in the winter and you can barely stay awake, some will go to a WiFi spot and check email. Or, check NFL scores since they are on 3rd shift and had to sleep all day on a Sunday.

Well, some overbearing police commanders call that wasting time. What do they suggest to do instead? Well, they often don't know. Or, they say go "stir shit up" by stopping cars and people. Many cops grow out of that, and would rather meet up with another officer until an actual 911 call goes out.

So, they don't want captains to see that they are meeting up, because then the captains may say they need to get back to work by going out and stopping people, instead of just relaxing until....well, you know, an actual emergency call goes out.

Seems you'd be in favor of the cops having that luxury as well...instead of putting them in a situation where commanders have even more reason to direct them back out to "harass" citizens.

Dumbass. You are so without a clue about police work.

well they could argue that criminals could tap into the GPS system....monitor patterns and hit places they are NOT....

The article continues. Click on the link and you'll enjoy more whining. Getting a taste of their own medicine. Pretty funny.

"Own medicine"? Cops aren't trying to make you put a GPS in your car for them to track you. The NSA or CIA might. Your corporate employer might. Cops don't.

They already wear body cameras and in-car cameras. That's fine. A GPS in the car? I can see why they wouldn't want it. You obviously don't, although I explained it to your dumb ass. Cops grow out of that aggressive mentality after a couple years, but, 50% quit the job within 5 years. The veterans are the better ones, as they only do the work they see fit or someone calls 911 for. But, GPS in the car will force them to show more activity not related to 911 calls, which means more stops of citizens.

Good job dipshit, you are working against your own cause.

Last edited:

Uh, huh huh, huh, ummm you completely missed the point fart knocker!

well they could argue that criminals could tap into the GPS system....monitor patterns and hit places they are NOT....

The article continues. Click on the link and you'll enjoy more whining. Getting a taste of their own medicine. Pretty funny.

"Own medicine"? Cops aren't trying to make you put a GPS in your car for them to track you. The NSA or CIA might. Your corporate employer might. Cops don't.

They already wear body cameras and in-car cameras. That's fine. A GPS in the car? I can see why they wouldn't want it. You obviously don't, although I explained it to your dumb ass. Cops grow out of that aggressive mentality after a couple years, but, 50% quit the job within 5 years. The veterans are the better ones, as they only do the work they see fit or someone calls 911 for. But, GPS in the car will force them to show more activity not related to 911 calls, which means more stops of citizens.

Good job dipshit, you are working against your own cause.

I never said i supported it. I just pointed out how funny & ironic their whining is. But your hysterical Authority-Worship is duly noted. Thanks for that.

I wonder how many of those police supported the idea of them being able to put a GPS tracker on a car without a warrant??

Not just companies: many rental trucks (including most of Ryder's huge fleet) have them. It's much more than GPS for Ryder, in fact: the Rydesmart system monitors EVERYTHING.

Forum List

Back