🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bottom 75% of Population Poorer Than in 2003

Jun 19, 2014
Vinland
By Steve Sailer • July 26, 2014

From a new report by the liberal Russell Sage Foundation based on crunching government data, we see that the net worth of the median household in 2013 was $56k, down sharply from $88k in 2003, which was before the silliest part of the Housing Bubble. Thus, the median household’s net worth is down 36% from the economically meh year of 2003. You might almost suspect that America’s elites don’t have the average American’s interests foremost in mind.

The 75th percentile is down from $302k to $260k. The 25th percentile of net worth is currently $3,200, plus or minus whatever is in the Penny Jar.

Fortunately, we’ve got all these unaccompanied Central American adolescents and pregnant women clamoring to get in, which, according to 90% of the respectable political rhetoric I’ve heard in this century, will no doubt do much to fix things.

See, it’s simple arithmetic. If the government lets in extremely poor people equal in number to 25% of the population, that will push households at the 50th percentile up to the 75th percentile, thus making their net worth increase from $56,335 to $260,405. You don’t believe me? What are you some kind of innumerate who doesn’t understand math?

Bottom 75% of population poorer than in 2003 - The Unz Review

Isn't ObamaNation just grand?

don't think it's going to get any better either

their (Obama/democrat/progressives) policies are put in to hurt us not help us

That's the Change Obama was talking about!

Only the Dow Jones index matters now you right wing bigot! It will continue to go up forever. Stock markets never correct...

rightwingbogot huh
man oh man you can't even speak around here with being called names
but how funny, Bush is blamed for the worst recession since the great Depression
what do you call those people?

Last edited:
Stephanie I am mocking liberals who parade around stock market gains despite the declining middle class. It's called satire. For shitlibs that claim to want to reign in the 1% they are the only group who has benefited under obama.

Last edited:
Stephanie I am mocking liberals who parade around stock market gains despite the declining middle class. It's called satire. For shitlibs that claim to want to reign in the 1% they are the only group who has benefited under obama. I can mock republican mouth breathers as well, starting with you...

oops my bad, sorry... I didn't catch it..
but I do like it now that you pointed it out...bravo and most excellent...:eusa_clap:

From a new report by the liberal Russell Sage Foundation based on crunching government data, we see that the net worth of the median household in 2013 was $56k, down sharply from $88k in 2003, which was before the silliest part of the Housing Bubble. Thus, the median household’s net worth is down 36% from the economically meh year of 2003. You might almost suspect that America’s elites don’t have the average American’s interests foremost in mind.

The 75th percentile is down from $302k to $260k. The 25th percentile of net worth is currently $3,200, plus or minus whatever is in the Penny Jar.

Fortunately, we’ve got all these unaccompanied Central American adolescents and pregnant women clamoring to get in, which, according to 90% of the respectable political rhetoric I’ve heard in this century, will no doubt do much to fix things.

See, it’s simple arithmetic. If the government lets in extremely poor people equal in number to 25% of the population, that will push households at the 50th percentile up to the 75th percentile, thus making their net worth increase from $56,335 to $260,405. You don’t believe me? What are you some kind of innumerate who doesn’t understand math?

No shit...Homeowners lost 10 years of equity...All because of government interference in the real estate marketplace.

No shit...Homeowners lost 10 years of equity...All because of government interference in the real estate marketplace.

Bullshit, it isn't just home values, it is wages. Real wages declined or remained flat for the bottom 70% since 2002.

A Decade of Flat Wages: The Key Barrier to Shared Prosperity and a Rising Middle Class | Economic Policy Institute

Bottom 75% of Population Poorer Than in 2003 is the result of voting for Republicans.

Democrats don't address the issues of free trade, mass immigration and the very nature of our monetary system which concentrates more and more wealth with fewer and fewer through debt and inflation, all you are doing is typical liberal window dressing when both parties work for the same monied interests. The fact is, the Wall Street Elite these days are much more in bed with Democrats because they are more politically viable going forward. They have since the 90s. They bet on the best political horse and know both parties will vote their way.

I think the wealth gap is something that needs to be addressed, as is the declining middle class and overall living standard. But raising taxes on professionals and small business types making 250k and giving more student loans to libarts majors to pursue worthless degrees at State U wont get us there, nor will their program of flooding the country with coolie immigrant labor. None of the Democrats pet issues help us build a sustainable economy going forward just as the republicans don't.

Forum List

Back