Boy Scouts of America says discussing end to ban on gay members

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
Boy Scouts of America is discussing ending a longstanding ban on gay members and allowing local organizations to decide their own policy, a spokesman said on Monday.

Lifting the ban would mark a dramatic reversal for the 103-year-old organization, which only last summer reaffirmed its policy amid heavy criticism from gay rights groups and some parents of scouts.

"The BSA is discussing potentially removing the national membership restriction regarding sexual orientation," spokesman Deron Smith said in an email to Reuters.

"The policy change under discussion would allow the religious, civic or educational organizations that oversee and deliver Scouting to determine how to address this issue," the spokesman said.

The organization, which had more than 2.6 million youth members and more than 1 million adult members at the end of 2012, "would not, under any circumstances, dictate a position to units, members, or parents," Smith said.

Boy Scouts of America says discussing end to ban on gay members | Reuters

Progress:cool:

I hate to see the Boy Scouts cave in to the perverted homo agenda........... :eusa_hand:

Only an idiotic parent would want their child to hang around with confused faggot kids.

Only an idiotic parent would want their child to hang around with confused faggot kids.

Gay children have parents who would like for them to have an opportunity to earn a scout badge and learn valuable scouting skills.

I dont understand a gay child concept. Kinda like the tranny surgeries on children. They are too fuckin young to think their dick should really be damn vaggg. An 8 year old queer.. Ill be damned

I dont understand a gay child concept. Kinda like the tranny surgeries on children. They are too fuckin young to think their dick should really be damn vaggg. An 8 year old queer.. Ill be damned

You have acknowledged that you don't understand a gay child concept.

Do you understand a straight child that has any sexual thoughts or curiosity?

http://www.education.com/reference/article/Ref_Children_Sexuality/

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/sexual_health/development.html

Last edited:

Gay children have parents who would like for them to have an opportunity to earn a scout badge and learn valuable scouting skills.

You do realize that scouting begins with Tigers in 1st grade don't you? The ban applies to adults, not kids. Never has except for the older kids who decide to make a deal out of it. Trust me, no one asks. The only way to get kicked out.....youth or adult is broadcasting it publically.

You do realize that scouting begins with Tigers in 1st grade don't you? The ban applies to adults, not kids. Never has except for the older kids who decide to make a deal out of it. Trust me, no one asks. The only way to get kicked out.....youth or adult is broadcasting it publically.

I was responding to what Sunni Man had posted. :cool:

I am not sure why people feel afraid of anyone any age being gay being in the boy scouts.

:dunno:

I guess the Boy Scouts will have to add a new merit badge for Fudge Packing.......... :lol:

3686228098_92bdbcd76e.jpg

This really isn't that big of a deal, all they are saying is they may allow individual troops to decide how to handle it, instead of having a national ban.

I hate to see the Boy Scouts cave in to the perverted homo agenda........... :eusa_hand:

They may allow individual scout troops decide whether the wish to be straight or gay and if they want child molesting scout masters. It will be up to parents to fully investigate a scout troop.

They may allow individual scout troops decide whether the wish to be straight or gay and if they want child molesting scout masters. It will be up to parents to fully investigate a scout troop.

I am a den leader are you suggesting I am to be considered a child molester?

Forum List

Back