Breaking: AG Jeff Sessions Asks All Remaining 46 U.S. Attorney's From Last Adminstration To Resign

So though the timing seems a bit abrupt and haphazard in Trump’s case — and he hasn’t nominated any replacements for any of them yet — there’s nothing unusual about a president wanting to fill these jobs with his own people. And once Trump does nominate his own choices, he will have to win confirmation of each of them from the Senate."""

This is just like Obamacare. Repeal and Replace. Trump has repealed the US Attorneys, without nominating their replacements. That's not how you run a government.

Unless you're Bush, Clinton or Obama.

Sorry, but what Sessions said couldn't be considered a lie even by the most partisan douche bags. He simply interpreted Franken's question differently than the way the partisan douche bags want to interpret it after the fact.

Franken asked what Sessions would do as Attorney General, if he was given evidence of contacts between Trump associates and the Russians.

If Sessions didn't understand the question, he could have asked Franken to repeat it. Instead he LIED saying he did not have communications with the Russians, which hasa been documented to be false by two meetings he had with the Russian ambassador during the campaign.

Here is the pertinent exchange, which has been grossly misrepresented by the LW loons.

Franken: Okay. CNN has just published a story, and I’m telling you this about a news story that’s just been published. I’m not expecting you to know whether or not it’s true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that, quote, “Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say, quote, “There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump’s surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Now, again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know. But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it....

Read more at: The Perjury Allegation against Jeff Sessions Is Meritless

The confirmation application FORM that Sessions signed with the box checked NO that he had no contact with Russians IS NOT meritless, and this is why he is refusing to go back into congress to answer more questions.

"When he was asked in his confirmation hearing what he would do if there was evidence anyone associated with Donald Trump’s presidential campaign had communicated with the Russians, Sessions replied that he wasn’t aware of any such “activities,” and added, “I did not have communications with the Russians.” A questionnaire he filled out for the committee also asked whether he had had contact with the Russians, to which Sessions, according to the Post, wrote, “No.”

Jeff Sessions spoke twice with Russian envoy during presidential campaign: Department of Justice

CBS national news showed the copy of this form, with his signature on it.

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

So though the timing seems a bit abrupt and haphazard in Trump’s case — and he hasn’t nominated any replacements for any of them yet — there’s nothing unusual about a president wanting to fill these jobs with his own people. And once Trump does nominate his own choices, he will have to win confirmation of each of them from the Senate."""

This is just like Obamacare. Repeal and Replace. Trump has repealed the US Attorneys, without nominating their replacements. That's not how you run a government.
How do you know that Trump didn't already have his replacements chosen during the transition phase? They just need to wait till these 46 get their desks cleaned out along with their personal.

Sorry, but what Sessions said couldn't be considered a lie even by the most partisan douche bags. He simply interpreted Franken's question differently than the way the partisan douche bags want to interpret it after the fact.

Franken asked what Sessions would do as Attorney General, if he was given evidence of contacts between Trump associates and the Russians.

If Sessions didn't understand the question, he could have asked Franken to repeat it. Instead he LIED saying he did not have communications with the Russians, which hasa been documented to be false by two meetings he had with the Russian ambassador during the campaign.

Here is the pertinent exchange, which has been grossly misrepresented by the LW loons.

Franken: Okay. CNN has just published a story, and I’m telling you this about a news story that’s just been published. I’m not expecting you to know whether or not it’s true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that, quote, “Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say, quote, “There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump’s surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.” Now, again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know. But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious, and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it....

The confirmation application FORM that Sessions signed with the box checked NO that he had no contact with Russians IS NOT meritless, and this is why he is refusing to go back into congress to answer more questions.

"When he was asked in his confirmation hearing what he would do if there was evidence anyone associated with Donald Trump’s presidential campaign had communicated with the Russians, Sessions replied that he wasn’t aware of any such “activities,” and added, “I did not have communications with the Russians.” A questionnaire he filled out for the committee also asked whether he had had contact with the Russians, to which Sessions, according to the Post, wrote, “No.”

Jeff Sessions spoke twice with Russian envoy during presidential campaign: Department of Justice

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

there was evidence anyone associated with Donald Trump’s presidential campaign had communicated with the Russians,

Did anyone in the campaign communicate with the Russians?
If he communicated with Russians as a Senator, why would you feel that was campaign related?

The purge has begun. This is much needed in order to make America great again.

Twitter

When you're like Sessions sitting in a boiling pot of hot grease and pull this stunt--it's only going to go downhill from here.

This administration is frankly the dumbest one that's ever been. The last thing they needed to do is "fire" up the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA, the Department of Homeland Security and the MEDIA, bringing even more suspicion upon themselves.
Trump administration dismisses 46 US attorneys - CNNPolitics.com

Jeff Sessions
1. Lying under oath to congress about his contacts with the Russian ambassador.
2. Lying on the application form about having no contacts with Russians and then signing it.
3. Refusing to go back into congress, (under oath) to answer questions about 1 & 2.

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

This administration is like a comedy T.V Reality show, with a paranoid mini-Dictator as the star.

172952_600.jpg

Hate runs deep in this one...

The end of the DNC is coming into focus...

How do you know that Trump didn't already have his replacements chosen during the transition phase? They just need to wait till these 46 get their desks cleaned out along with their personal.

If he did, he would have nominated them to the senate like he did with his first executive orders. Actually Sessions is doing an end around run, around Trump, since the current law allowed the Attorney General to fill vacancies with 'interim' US Attorneys not subject to confirmation, and not nominated by the President.

there was evidence anyone associated with Donald Trump’s presidential campaign had communicated with the Russians,

If he communicated with Russians as a Senator, why would you feel that was campaign related?

Franken didn't ask "campaign related" he asked Sessions what would Sessions would do? Sessions answered that he had no communication with the Russians, to both his answer to Franken, and his answer to Leahy's written question.

Why is the Trump administration so tone deaf?

Yes, attorneys in the past have been asked to resign. But they did so in an orderly fashion which allowed federal prosecutors to finish important cases or hand them off to their successor

Trump just fires them in one day?
What a moron

Yes, attorneys in the past have been asked to resign. But they did so in an orderly fashion which allowed federal prosecutors to finish important cases or hand them off to their successor

What a moron
You mean like how Clinton did it? remind me how butt hurt you were then?

What a moron
No, not like Clinton did
Clinton lined up replacements before he dismissed them. No cases were compromised due to petty political posturing

Franken didn't ask "campaign related" he asked Sessions what would Sessions would do? Sessions answered that he had no communication with the Russians, to both his answer to Franken, and his answer to Leahy's written question.

Franken wanted to know if any Americans communicated with Russians? About anything?
Whether they worked for the campaign or not? Are you sure?

What a moron
No, not like Clinton did
Clinton lined up replacements before he dismissed them. No cases were compromised due to petty political posturing
Wrong Reno fired them all in one day dumb ass including the DC attorney that had a pending case against a friend of Clinton's.

What a moron
No, not like Clinton did

They'll appoint a temporary replacement. Like they always do.
The cases will continue. No compromise.

What a moron
No, not like Clinton did
Wrong Reno fired them all in one day dumb ass including the DC attorney that had a pending case against a friend of Clinton's.
More bull on your part
Replacements were in line

CxkIWKrXcAAr5YW.jpg

This red herring has been beaten to death. I'm surprised that you are still raising it.

Forum List

Back