Breaking! Biden will start Importing Baby Formula from Mexico

This is effing unbelievable! The mighty United States of America is now resorting to import baby formula from the land of wetbacks and other third worlders. Just think if these baby formula bottles were laced with fentanyl. This is a global embarrassment.

The failure of capitalism in the US is very apparent.

How is the threadstarter able to get away with racial slurs?
USMB is supposed to be a free speech board.

As such, you are likely to see things which will ruffle your feathers here.

There is no list of banned words, but you may see a mod delete a word or a post from time to time.

When we start banning words which are offensive, we soon find that the list of words gets exceptionally long. Where would it end? Instead of saying "wetback" (a term I would never use other than to discuss it), he could have said illegal immigrant, or freeloader invader, etc.

Even the term "illegal immigrant" is offensive to people who think that there should be no borders and "all people are citizens of Earth" or whatever.

There are websites which use automation to help ban words. I don't think this one does, but I don't know that for sure. This is problematic, as dual-meaning words often get banned, such as "groomer" or "cracker."

The purpose of free speech and the 1st Amendment is to protect offensive speech. There is no need to protect unoffensive speech or speech which propels the government's narrative.

The great thing about allowing such words, is that it clearly lets you know where the OP is coming from, and if you don't like the OP, you are free to ignore him forever.

Best just to let people post. Sticks and stones and all that. Mature people can handle a little bad word here or there, and sort out the intelligent posters from the idiots.

Regards,
Jim
(not a mod, just giving my opinions)

USMB is supposed to be a free speech board.

As such, you are likely to see things which will ruffle your feathers here.

There is no list of banned words, but you may see a mod delete a word or a post from time to time.

When we start banning words which are offensive, we soon find that the list of words gets exceptionally long. Where would it end? Instead of saying "wetback" (a term I would never use other than to discuss it), he could have said illegal immigrant, or freeloader invader, etc.

Even the term "illegal immigrant" is offensive to people who think that there should be no borders and "all people are citizens of Earth" or whatever.

There are websites which use automation to help ban words. I don't think this one does, but I don't know that for sure. This is problematic, as dual-meaning words often get banned, such as "groomer" or "cracker."

The purpose of free speech and the 1st Amendment is to protect offensive speech. There is no need to protect unoffensive speech or speech which propels the government's narrative.

The great thing about allowing such words, is that it clearly lets you know where the OP is coming from, and if you don't like the OP, you are free to ignore him forever.

Best just to let people post. Sticks and stones and all that. Mature people can handle a little bad word here or there, and sort out the intelligent posters from the idiots.

Regards,
Jim
(not a mod, just giving my opinions)
Thanks for explaining. I suppose I shouldn't be so shocked that people still speak in such a way when they are comfortably hiding behind a computer screen.

Forum List

Back