🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: FDA to ban trans-fats

Bright back asbestos and lead paint! Vote GOP! :eusa_hand:

Dude...you have NO IDEA how much I wish I could still get asbestos-based welding gear, exhaust wrap, and heat barrier! When asbestos was banned, my uncle bought about 50 pairs of gloves, a dozen aprons, half a dozen helmets, and fifty rolls of heat wrap, because he KNEW the replacements would suck rocks! (Note: they did!) Forty years (and untold billions of R&D dollars later), the new stuff is almost as good.

Hey, if you don't like getting schooled, don't post stupid shit in the first place. Not rocket surgery.

^ Has no argument to counter marty, instead whines about his neg rep by posting it. :lol:

Government takes away choice of keeping health insurance, takes away choice of purchasing trans fat. Dems, the party of less choice!

Pogo got schooled and it is obvious to everyone how weak his argument is.

I learned about trans fats long ago, I quit buying foods with trans fats in them. There are other foods I stay a way from. Educate yourself and don't rely on government.

Oh Burgundy please. I didn't make an "argument" -- I satirized the one that was sitting there. I showed how fucking silly it is, and Marty wet his pants over it. He's embarrassed, as he should be. And since he can't think of a response, he negs.

Here's the delicious irony -
These rhetorical hillbillies going out to shoot their revenooers, bawling their eyes out about the big bad gummamint jumping in telling Big Snack what to do --- are also the first ones to jump in to stifle any dissent to their wacko conspiracy theories by throwing negs. Doesn't get more flamingly hypocritical than that.

The FDA is there for a reason, and it barely does its job as it is; most of the developed nations in the world protect their citizens better than we do.

But by all means, be my jest -- wipe out all regulation, then go ahead and eat chicken that never got inspected for salmonella. Take that drug that hasn't passed approval. If you survive that, send Big Food and Big Pharma a letter assuring them that you stood up for their right to poison, per the Constitution. Oh wait, you can't send a letter, that would require the gummamint postal service, so you'll have to go take a plane -- once we get rid of the fascist FAA telling planes where to land and btw that plane won't have radio contact because we got rid of the FCC too. And I'm afraid you'll have to walk from the airport, because the roads are gummamint-funded.

That's life in the world of Randbot parrots. You're welcome to it. But at least you'll have your principles, right? :rolleyes:

Btw I defy anyone to tell me what benefit they've been deriving from trans fats that the big bad gummamint is going to deprive them of. :eusa_whistle:

I don't think there is any chance of this ban occurring anytime soon. At least I hope not.

It ironic that the FDA commissioner who commented on the proposed ban is named Margaret Hamburg. I will not deny that I do eat my fair share of hamburgers, and fries as well, probably more than my fair share. However, individuals should be able to decide for themselves what they want to eat.

I'm wondering how the fast food restaurants will still be able to serve up burgers and fries without trans fat? I'll bet the result will be unedible food that tastes like cardboard. Realistically, it can't be done.

It can and has! Offhand, Five Guys has never used trans-fats! When Wendy's dropped then, their fries improved dramatically.

Methinks there's a bunch of yahoos here sputtering about transfats --- and don't even know what it is they're talking about. They just know some gummamint reggleaturry outfit did its job, and by god we can't stand for that.

Good. Trans fats are like glue in your arteries.

Then don't eat them, shit fer brains.

Daddy in Gubmint doesn't need to ban them for you try and act grown up.

-- because the fact that he knows that means that everybody knows that. Right?

What benefit do you get from trans fats, Pothead? What will you be deprived of?
If it's blood flow to the synapses I'm afraid it's too late...:D

I have no problem admitting it, Americans ARE too stupid to take care of themselves. Our current health issues are a glaring admission to that fact.

But in the area of bans, there are many other culprits I would go after before I even cared about trans fats.

We do have the freedom to ingest anything we want, but doctors and insurance companies should be charging people through the nose for those choices.

You eat fast food? We're going to charge you more.
You eat processed foods? We're going to charge you more.
You don't exercise regularly? We're going to charge you more.

Trans fats are used as a preservative. You will still get what you want. It will just be full of maggots. Then a government funded study will come out saying maggots are good for you.

The only way for the average person to know what's being put into foods is to be a nutritionist and scientist. The average person just knows it tastes good and doesn't know it's effects.

No... just read the nutrition label, Einstein.

-- a label which only appears there because that same big bad gummamint says it must.

Duh.

:lol:
And just think about how much it costs the company to print that on the package. Gosh! That's a cost that they'll just pass on to us the consumers.

My dear brethren on the right.
I think you are grossly overestimating the validity of this "attack on our stomach rights". Trans fats are artificially synthesized by food industry and their regulation has nothing to do with the basic freedoms of the Americans.
It is the same as regulation by FDA which preservatives can be added to the famous drug propofol.
yes, they differ,and they changed several times.
Nobody, except the ones involved, ever noticed.

Same is here.

And, honestly, I would be extremely happy if high fructose syrup would be banned as well.
And ethanol in the gas.

those components are not the God given natural rights.

Trans-fats are naturally occurring in meats and some cheeses. No doubt our rulers will outlaw meat consumption, using this as a basis.

Note to Margret Hamburg, get your jack boot off my neck, you stinking ****.

I wrote above about 2 just two) of the naturally occurring transfats and instead of having a fit over transfats in general it would be advisable to actually see the text of proposed regulation in order to address the potential harm in particular, not in general.
Knowing the idiocy of this administration I won't be surprised if milk and dairy products plus meats from cattle and sheep will be included.

No... just read the nutrition label, Einstein.

-- a label which only appears there because that same big bad gummamint says it must.

Duh.

:lol:
And just think about how much it costs the company to print that on the package. Gosh! That's a cost that they'll just pass on to us the consumers.

:rofl:

Drams and drams of printer ink....

Actually they'd end up spending more without those labels -- that empty space would be promptly filled up with multicolor advertising splash. So the FDA is saving us money by requiring that plain black list of nutrition info. :thup:

I think you are grossly overestimating the validity of this "attack on our stomach rights". Trans fats are artificially synthesized by food industry and their regulation has nothing to do with the basic freedoms of the Americans.
It is the same as regulation by FDA which preservatives can be added to the famous drug propofol.

Same is here.

And, honestly, I would be extremely happy if high fructose syrup would be banned as well.
And ethanol in the gas.

Trans-fats are naturally occurring in meats and some cheeses. No doubt our rulers will outlaw meat consumption, using this as a basis.

Bloody pedant.

Same is here.

And ethanol in the gas.

Bloody pedant.

Wow, you're getting owned in this thread too? :confused:

-Geaux

Same is here.

And ethanol in the gas.

I wrote above about 2 just two) of the naturally occurring transfats and instead of having a fit over transfats in general it would be advisable to actually see the text of proposed regulation in order to address the potential harm in particular, not in general.
Knowing the idiocy of this administration I won't be surprised if milk and dairy products plus meats from cattle and sheep will be included.

The article in the OP specifically clarifies:

>> The ruling does not affect foods with naturally occurring trans fats, which are present in small amounts in certain meat and dairy products. <<

You gotta remember who you're talking to -- a poster who sees Pol Pot behind every post. Not the most stable egg in the carton if you know what I'm saying...

Same is here.

And ethanol in the gas.

My confused opponent.

Americans have a right to eat dog shit if they so desired.

read the fucking 9th Amendment.

It has NOTHING to do with nutrition or health is freedom of choice.

they can eat whatever they want.

that does not mean the producers of the food can use whatever components they want and then sell it for profit :D

You understand the difference, do you? ;)

if you like trans fats, you can produce them in your kitchen

Forum List

Back