🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: FDA to ban trans-fats

You can lose weight just by cutting soft drinks from your diet.

High fructose corn syrup! NOT banned.

The FDA is capricious and erratic.

Do I , as a FREEMAN, have a right to consume nitrites, sulfites, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats?

you are. if they are available :D

the regulation is mainly aimed at food industry.
and since it has manipulated it's products in so many ways to make people addicted to packaged food, I am not sure I am too outraged.

But don't even think to touch my butter :evil:

I don't ever eat packaged food, except some chips sometimes when on-call and there is no time for anything else.

People should eat food prepared by themselves from raw products - it is healthy, CHEAP and tasty.

I have lost 15 pounds since I retired. All I did was stop eating fast food and junk. Nothing but good home cooked food for me.

So...you eliminated trans fats. Cool...

You can lose weight just by cutting soft drinks from your diet.

High fructose corn syrup! NOT banned.

The FDA is capricious and erratic.

Still smelling like lobby money...

Of course it is lobby money. That's why I listed all those states which would be affected by nicotine or nitrites or HFCS bans. The poor trans fats bastards are out in the cold.

Last edited:
Do I , as a FREEMAN, have a right to consume nitrites, sulfites, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats?

and since it has manipulated it's products in so many ways to make people addicted to packaged food, I am not sure I am too outraged.

I don't ever eat packaged food, except some chips sometimes when on-call and there is no time for anything else.

People should eat food prepared by themselves from raw products - it is healthy, CHEAP and tasty.

I have lost 15 pounds since I retired. All I did was stop eating fast food and junk. Nothing but good home cooked food for me.
yes, I know. I gained 5 pounds immediately when started residency - with 80+ hours per week - because they were feeding us and the food was ... processed.

I'm wondering how the fast food restaurants will still be able to serve up burgers and fries without trans fat?

They have already eliminated trans fats.

I'll bet the result will be unedible food that tastes like cardboard. Realistically, it can't be done.

Since they already have, and you have not even noticed, then you are quite wrong. :lol:
Well, I eat at Jack-In-The-Box quiet often, and I know that their food still has trans fat.

Good. Trans fats are like glue in your arteries.

Then convince people not to buy products with them, dont use the federal government to decide people are not smart enough to take care of themselves.

I swear all progressive nanny-statists think we are all a bunch of fucking lemmings.

I find it humorous that you would worry about the FDA banning something that we all know is not good for anyone. Most people do not look at all the ingredients on foods they buy, and since so many foods are processed and filled with junk, I have no problem with the FDA banning something that is know to be really bad for us.

We should probably allow toy stores to sell toy guns that really work with real bullets and let parents decide if they want to buy them or not.

yes, I know. I gained 5 pounds immediately when started residency - with 80+ hours per week - because they were feeding us and the food was ... processed.

There is always food around hospitals and clinics. I remember being house supervisor in a hospital and going from unit to unit foraging for food. I never bought food in those days. That was really good. I remember one hospital where the nurses would have a fit if the doctors ate any food from their lounge because the doctors have their own lounge. But I would sometimes give some to a very tired an harried resident who didn't have time to eat.

There is always food around hospitals and clinics. I remember being house supervisor in a hospital and going from unit to unit foraging for food. I never bought food in those days. That was really good. I remember one hospital where the nurses would have a fit if the doctors ate any food from their lounge because the doctors have their own lounge. But I would sometimes give some to a very tired an harried resident who didn't have time to eat.

Now I know who you are.

Thanks a million.

It is difficult to get away from processed foods, but as much as possible, I try to eat food where I know all the ingredients and can pronounce all of them.

In the name of all residents present, past and future - THANK YOU. :smiliehug:

and yes, the availability of food in the hospitals is insane.

dont use the federal government to decide people are not smart enough to take care of themselves.

They're not, that's why all these fat ass right wingers are driving insurance rates through the roof. If they choose not to have medical insurance and will not seek treatment for their conditions, so be it. But there is no reason why everyone has to pay for these dumbasses poor decisions.

Your avi is obviously a selfie...

Trans fats, like alcohol and a myriad of other things ingested, aren't inherently bad, they're bad if over-consumed.

They're trying every day to out do themselves. Ever see that movie Idiocracy? I'm starting to think it's more a documentary about America's future.

Forum List

Back