🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: FDA to ban trans-fats

Considering how fat America is, it's clear that people can't monitor what they eat. Of course what trans fats do to a person's body end up effecting the cost of healthcare for everybody because we all pay for other people's stupidity.
Next time your insurance premium goes up, go ahead and scratch your size 40 waist and bitch about the government!

So, socialize medicine - they you have the right to impose totalitarian dictates on every aspect of life - since "we" are all paying for it...

Gee, who saw this fucking shit coming?

Considering how fat America is, it's clear that people can't monitor what they eat. Of course what trans fats do to a person's body end up effecting the cost of healthcare for everybody because we all pay for other people's stupidity.
Next time your insurance premium goes up, go ahead and scratch your size 40 waist and bitch about the government!

So, socialize medicine - they you have the right to impose totalitarian dictates on every aspect of life - since "we" are all paying for it...

Gee, who saw this fucking shit coming?

Founding Fathers and the Libertarians in 1971. Why?

Good. Trans fats are like glue in your arteries.

Then convince people not to buy products with them, dont use the federal government to decide people are not smart enough to take care of themselves.

I swear all progressive nanny-statists think we are all a bunch of fucking lemmings.

I find it humorous that you would worry about the FDA banning something that we all know is not good for anyone. Most people do not look at all the ingredients on foods they buy, and since so many foods are processed and filled with junk, I have no problem with the FDA banning something that is know to be really bad for us.

We should probably allow toy stores to sell toy guns that really work with real bullets and let parents decide if they want to buy them or not.

It MIGHT be bad for SOME people is consumed in LARGE amounts.

But lets ban something! what the hell! its only our freedom we are giving up.

Again, lemmings.

My dear brethren on the right.
I think you are grossly overestimating the validity of this "attack on our stomach rights". Trans fats are artificially synthesized by food industry and their regulation has nothing to do with the basic freedoms of the Americans.
It is the same as regulation by FDA which preservatives can be added to the famous drug propofol.
yes, they differ,and they changed several times.
Nobody, except the ones involved, ever noticed.

Same is here.

And, honestly, I would be extremely happy if high fructose syrup would be banned as well.
And ethanol in the gas.

those components are not the God given natural rights.

le
Good. Trans fats are like glue in your arteries.

Then convince people not to buy products with them, dont use the federal government to decide people are not smart enough to take care of themselves.

I swear all progressive nanny-statists think we are all a bunch of fucking lemmings.

Good idea. Let's open the gates for arsenic and insecticides and diethylene glycol and e coli and salmonella and hell, let's toss narcotics in too. Let's find out what we've been missing. Expiration dates? Who needs 'em. Ingredients? Why would we not trust Big Food? What could possibly go wrong? Damn meat inspectors. Let the consumer take his chance. Then there's municipal water works-- what a waste of money.

Seriously, some of y'all cram your head WAY up your ass in the name of blind ideology.

And what's up with those ridiculous child proof caps on medicine and cleaning product bottles?

I think you are grossly overestimating the validity of this "attack on our stomach rights". Trans fats are artificially synthesized by food industry and their regulation has nothing to do with the basic freedoms of the Americans.
It is the same as regulation by FDA which preservatives can be added to the famous drug propofol.

Same is here.

And, honestly, I would be extremely happy if high fructose syrup would be banned as well.
And ethanol in the gas.

Trans-fats are naturally occurring in meats and some cheeses. No doubt our rulers will outlaw meat consumption, using this as a basis.

Note to Margret Hamburg, get your jack boot off my neck, you stinking ****.

Same is here.

And ethanol in the gas.

My confused opponent.

Americans have a right to eat dog shit if they so desired.

read the fucking 9th Amendment.

It has NOTHING to do with nutrition or health is freedom of choice.

Same is here.

And ethanol in the gas.

Actually, they are. Self-ownership dictates that you may ingest whatever you like so long as it does not involve violence against others. Choosing to eat trans-fats does not infringe on the rights of anybody else, and selling them doesn't either as you're not forcing anybody to buy them.

Well, the pt chosen to be ignored by the quasi-libertarians is that one really has little personal choice. You want a crisp, you're gonna get some transfat. So your market option is to not eat them. The food industry has modified to an extent, a large one at that, but there just isn't a market for people demand no trans fat. There's no market solution unless the result is to keep trans fat. And they do add to cholesterol. Our crisps and chips may suffer, however.

No, that's wrong. The largest chip company (Frito-Lay) in the country uses no trans fats!

Has the FDA banned nitrites? Nope. Let's not piss off the meatpacking industry (Chicago).

Has the FDA banned sulfites? Nope. Again, let's not piss off the meatpacking industry.

Forget the meatpacking industry: most WINES contain sulfites!

I don't think there is any chance of this ban occurring anytime soon. At least I hope not.

It ironic that the FDA commissioner who commented on the proposed ban is named Margaret Hamburg. I will not deny that I do eat my fair share of hamburgers, and fries as well, probably more than my fair share. However, individuals should be able to decide for themselves what they want to eat.

I'm wondering how the fast food restaurants will still be able to serve up burgers and fries without trans fat? I'll bet the result will be unedible food that tastes like cardboard. Realistically, it can't be done.

It can and has! Offhand, Five Guys has never used trans-fats! When Wendy's dropped then, their fries improved dramatically.

le

Good idea. Let's open the gates for arsenic and insecticides and diethylene glycol and e coli and salmonella and hell, let's toss narcotics in too. Let's find out what we've been missing. Expiration dates? Who needs 'em. Ingredients? Why would we not trust Big Food? What could possibly go wrong? Damn meat inspectors. Let the consumer take his chance. Then there's municipal water works-- what a waste of money.

Seriously, some of y'all cram your head WAY up your ass in the name of blind ideology.

And what's up with those ridiculous child proof caps on medicine and cleaning product bottles?

You mean the ones that once had my grandmother attacking a bottle with a tack hammer so she could take her arthritis medication?

Forum List

Back