BREAKING: Free Ride Comes to a Screeching Halt for 6,000 Welfare Leeches

Good for Gov. Paul LePage.
This should be implemented all across the country.

This one lady is already complaining and talking like she will lose it.
She won't ,all she has to do is become a volunteer.
It sounds like she would rather lose it than do anything for the money to help her.

The change isn’t sitting well with some recipients, who can’t understand why they have to do something to receive “free” government benefits.

“I was just so upset after I got the phone call,” says Melania, a Maine resident. “It was a cushion especially for me because I have dietary restrictions; I have a lot of them, and the food is very expensive.”
It was a cushion? Still can be lady, you just have to do some volunteer work in order to still receive it.
Melania had been sucking in $224 per month while doing nothing for it.

This is what all of us have been talking about here on the board, is the lazy ones like her who think that they should do absolutely nothing in order to receive the money.
This helps the ones that truly need it.

Most when they realize that they have to do something in order to get it will quit and actually get a job.

Hey, that's my Governor!

I completely support him in this endeavor. Thanks for posting this, OP
Then I take it that you're one of the fortunate ones that are able to be self-supporting. If that is correct, count your many blessings, and be thankful that you have the means to exist without the need for some form of assistance. You just don't know how really blessed and fortunate you are.

Here is what I don't understand. It was reported that Soros spent millions supporting different protest groups. Not sure that is correct or not but let us assume it is correct. I am thinking that 33 million would be better spent opening a tennis shoe factory. Where shoes that now sell for 120 dollars could be produced in the US. I only assume that there is a lot of unskilled labor, or simple training, needed to produce such shoes.

Here is what I don't understand. It was reported that Soros spent millions supporting different protest groups. Not sure that is correct or not but let us assume it is correct. I am thinking that 33 million would be better spent opening a tennis shoe factory. Where shoes that now sell for 120 dollars could be produced in the US. I only assume that there is a lot of unskilled labor, or simple training, needed to produce such shoes.
You are correct. We need to re-open our plants and factories and put America back to work, producing what America uses and consumes. Our import dependency is creating a poor and dependent society, surviving off of government assistance programs and unemployment checks. We need to severely penalize the off-shore out-sourcing of jobs, severely penalize the importing of labor, and severely punish anyone hiring an illegal immigrant. We need to make the "Made In U.S.A." a common label on products again. We need to re-write our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies, so that they become fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade agreements and policies.

We need to rid Washington of the anti-America representatives that's hell-bent on the further destruction of this once great nation. For over 50 plus years now, we have been sold out by the very ones that we entrusted will our well-being. For decades, we've sacrificed our economic well-being in favor of supporting foreign economies around the world. I posted an article on this subject yesterday.

True and the bible says if a man will not work he shall not eat.

GOD said:
28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

Deuteronomy, chapter 14.

GOD said:
7 If there is among you anyone in need, a member of your community in any of your towns within the land that the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hard-hearted or tight-fisted toward your needy neighbor. 8 You should rather open your hand, willingly lending enough to meet the need, whatever it may be. 9 Be careful that you do not entertain a mean thought, thinking, “The seventh year, the year of remission, is near,” and therefore view your needy neighbor with hostility and give nothing; your neighbor might cry to the Lord against you, and you would incur guilt. 10 Give liberally and be ungrudging when you do so, for on this account the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. 11 Since there will never cease to be some in need on the earth, I therefore command you, “Open your hand to the poor and needy neighbor in your land.”

Deuteronomy, chapter 15.

GOD said:
12 When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied.

Deuteronomy, chapter 26

GOD said:
9 “‘When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. 10 Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus, chapter 19

GOD said:
35 “If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you. 36 Take no interest from him or profit, but fear your God, that your brother may live beside you. 37 You shall not lend him your money at interest, nor give him your food for profit. 38 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt to give you the land of Canaan, and to be your God.

Leviticus, chapter 25

The "people" will get angry, hostile, and take to the streets. "People" will do what they have to in order to eat. Hunger drives desperation. Opportunities to be self-supporting have long since disappeared in America. We have created a poor and dependent society. Half the population is living in poverty. State governments and the federal government need to be very careful about inflicting further pain and misery on an oppressed "people". As the saying goes, "corner an animal and he'll fight his way out". And, why punish "all" for the conduct of a few?

:lol: I wish I had a dime every time I heard some airhead leftist make this claim. Let me know when those riots that never happen start, mkay?

As long as it doesn't force the physically and mentally disabled to lose their benefits because they are unable to meet the requirements, it's a reasonable policy change.

The "people" will get angry, hostile, and take to the streets. "People" will do what they have to in order to eat. Hunger drives desperation. Opportunities to be self-supporting have long since disappeared in America. We have created a poor and dependent society. Half the population is living in poverty. State governments and the federal government need to be very careful about inflicting further pain and misery on an oppressed "people". As the saying goes, "corner an animal and he'll fight his way out". And, why punish "all" for the conduct of a few?

:lol: I wish I had a dime every time I heard some airhead leftist make this claim. Let me know when those riots that never happen start, mkay?

Sonny Clark is no leftist.

If things ever got bad enough in our economy, as they have in other economies in the past and currently, you WILL see this.

Nothing unreasonable about this policy

Thank you. I find it amazing how the Marxists rush to quote scripture to condemn such an idea. I'm all for people who need the help receiving the help but for those who can find a job and work? Let them contribute to the country and do some work while they are looking. Applying for a job does not take 9 hours a day of ones time. It will fix the problem of idle hands and give them some self worth. It's always good to give back to a country who has given so much to its people.

Sonny Clark is no leftist.

If things ever got bad enough in our economy, as they have in other economies in the past and currently, you WILL see this.
I appreciate that. Thank you.

Forum List

Back